ellitor

2018 4* OG Trey Hill

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I wouldn't call that class disappointments. Mike Horton was in that class, and PT Wahogho was in that class. I mean, that's two season opening starters in the class already.

Going into next season, Kaleb Kim looks like a strong candidate to start at Center, and Marqel Harrell was in the running for a starting Guard spot this year (when we had Smith lined up outside). I'd also say Bailey Sharp has a real chance at playing next year. He's a RS Sophomore backing up at RT. If James doesn't come back or moves inside (both possible), Sharp could take that job. 

It's not out of the realm of possibility that our OL next year looks like this:  Tega/Horton/Kim/Harrell/Sharp

I wouldn't call it likely, but it's not a stretch either. Tyler Carr seems to be an odd man out, but those five guys will matter for our OL next year.

Why would James not be back next year?  He has not played well enough to be a draft candidate.  Has he?  I mean he seems to get beat a lot to me.  Just lucky that RB, HB or Smith have covered for him on several occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




I think he'll be back, but he's listed as a Senior by Auburn. For guys like that, you never know until they're back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I think he'll be back, but he's listed as a Senior by Auburn. For guys like that, you never know until they're back.

He is a SR technically, but in athletic terms he is a RS JR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand what you're saying. I'm saying Auburn has not actually classified 2015 as a redshirt year for him. He's listed officially as a Senior. But I know he has the option to return next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I wouldn't call that class disappointments. Mike Horton was in that class, and PT Wahogho was in that class. I mean, that's two season opening starters in the class already.

Going into next season, Kaleb Kim looks like a strong candidate to start at Center, and Marqel Harrell was in the running for a starting Guard spot this year (when we had Smith lined up outside). I'd also say Bailey Sharp has a real chance at playing next year. He's a RS Sophomore backing up at RT. If James doesn't come back or moves inside (both possible), Sharp could take that job. 

It's not out of the realm of possibility that our OL next year looks like this:  Tega/Horton/Kim/Harrell/Sharp

I wouldn't call it likely, but it's not a stretch either. Tyler Carr seems to be an odd man out, but those five guys will matter for our OL next year.

Still time to improve but based on what I've read here, they've not been ready outside of Horton and maybe Harrell. Tega still needs time as well. 

I think Ashley and if we get Hill, they both start. Imo

Edited by Randman5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 4:32 PM, mcgufcm said:

Safety will be a concern, but it may not be nearly as dire as we thought in fall camp. Daniel Thomas and Jordyn Peters have looked good in relief. Plus, you always have the option of moving Dinson back to Safety (ala Stephen Roberts' move a couple years ago). Very thin from an experience stand point, but factor in the depth we're signing (Smoke, Sherwood, and Fuqua). It'll be a talented group if nothing else.

The 4th quarter reps these last few weeks have been priceless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@McLoofus, totally agree. Thomas looks better than I even expected. He's not getting fourth quarter reps. From my view, he's just in that secondary rotation. He plays as much as Ruffin, but the reps Peters and Leonard and Broussard are getting are invaluable.

@Randman5000, I think you're right. There are a LOT of candidates. Horton and Tega feel like they're way ahead of the curve, and Kim seems like the most likely candidate for Center (unless we're moving James or Horton inside, which seems unlikely). The only other choices are Brahms or Irvin (a true freshman) or someone currently playing Guard. After that, James is likely returning to take one spot. Ashley feels like a starter if he's in shape, and if we land Trey Hill, he feels like a guy that could challenge for a starting spot. Harrell is probably on that list as well. My only point was, that class already has multiple starters. It's not going to be a bust of class.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I understand what you're saying. I'm saying Auburn has not actually classified 2015 as a redshirt year for him. He's listed officially as a Senior. But I know he has the option to return next year.

This is incorrect. Darius James redshirted at Texas in 2013. He played in 2014, forced to sit out his sophomore year in 2015 after he transferred to Auburn, played as a junior in 2016, and as a senior in 2017. His eligibility expires in 2017. 

Edited by CameronCrazy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stand corrected. I'd read that he played as a freshman and didn't realize he redshirted. He's in the 2013 signing class. This is his last year. All hail @CameronCrazy! All hail the all 2015 Auburn signing class starting lineup!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now