2018 4* OG Trey Hill (UGa)

ellitor

18 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I wouldn't call that class disappointments. Mike Horton was in that class, and PT Wahogho was in that class. I mean, that's two season opening starters in the class already.

Going into next season, Kaleb Kim looks like a strong candidate to start at Center, and Marqel Harrell was in the running for a starting Guard spot this year (when we had Smith lined up outside). I'd also say Bailey Sharp has a real chance at playing next year. He's a RS Sophomore backing up at RT. If James doesn't come back or moves inside (both possible), Sharp could take that job. 

It's not out of the realm of possibility that our OL next year looks like this:  Tega/Horton/Kim/Harrell/Sharp

I wouldn't call it likely, but it's not a stretch either. Tyler Carr seems to be an odd man out, but those five guys will matter for our OL next year.

Why would James not be back next year?  He has not played well enough to be a draft candidate.  Has he?  I mean he seems to get beat a lot to me.  Just lucky that RB, HB or Smith have covered for him on several occasions.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he'll be back, but he's listed as a Senior by Auburn. For guys like that, you never know until they're back.

13 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I think he'll be back, but he's listed as a Senior by Auburn. For guys like that, you never know until they're back.

He is a SR technically, but in athletic terms he is a RS JR.

I understand what you're saying. I'm saying Auburn has not actually classified 2015 as a redshirt year for him. He's listed officially as a Senior. But I know he has the option to return next year.

3 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I wouldn't call that class disappointments. Mike Horton was in that class, and PT Wahogho was in that class. I mean, that's two season opening starters in the class already.

Going into next season, Kaleb Kim looks like a strong candidate to start at Center, and Marqel Harrell was in the running for a starting Guard spot this year (when we had Smith lined up outside). I'd also say Bailey Sharp has a real chance at playing next year. He's a RS Sophomore backing up at RT. If James doesn't come back or moves inside (both possible), Sharp could take that job. 

It's not out of the realm of possibility that our OL next year looks like this:  Tega/Horton/Kim/Harrell/Sharp

I wouldn't call it likely, but it's not a stretch either. Tyler Carr seems to be an odd man out, but those five guys will matter for our OL next year.

Still time to improve but based on what I've read here, they've not been ready outside of Horton and maybe Harrell. Tega still needs time as well. 

I think Ashley and if we get Hill, they both start. Imo

On 10/11/2017 at 4:32 PM, mcgufcm said:

Safety will be a concern, but it may not be nearly as dire as we thought in fall camp. Daniel Thomas and Jordyn Peters have looked good in relief. Plus, you always have the option of moving Dinson back to Safety (ala Stephen Roberts' move a couple years ago). Very thin from an experience stand point, but factor in the depth we're signing (Smoke, Sherwood, and Fuqua). It'll be a talented group if nothing else.

The 4th quarter reps these last few weeks have been priceless. 

@McLoofus, totally agree. Thomas looks better than I even expected. He's not getting fourth quarter reps. From my view, he's just in that secondary rotation. He plays as much as Ruffin, but the reps Peters and Leonard and Broussard are getting are invaluable.

@Randman5000, I think you're right. There are a LOT of candidates. Horton and Tega feel like they're way ahead of the curve, and Kim seems like the most likely candidate for Center (unless we're moving James or Horton inside, which seems unlikely). The only other choices are Brahms or Irvin (a true freshman) or someone currently playing Guard. After that, James is likely returning to take one spot. Ashley feels like a starter if he's in shape, and if we land Trey Hill, he feels like a guy that could challenge for a starting spot. Harrell is probably on that list as well. My only point was, that class already has multiple starters. It's not going to be a bust of class.

2 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I understand what you're saying. I'm saying Auburn has not actually classified 2015 as a redshirt year for him. He's listed officially as a Senior. But I know he has the option to return next year.

This is incorrect. Darius James redshirted at Texas in 2013. He played in 2014, forced to sit out his sophomore year in 2015 after he transferred to Auburn, played as a junior in 2016, and as a senior in 2017. His eligibility expires in 2017. 

I stand corrected. I'd read that he played as a freshman and didn't realize he redshirted. He's in the 2013 signing class. This is his last year. All hail @CameronCrazy! All hail the all 2015 Auburn signing class starting lineup!!

• 4 weeks later...

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

In reading his comments after the game last night,he  is all AU. 

I hope so! Come on over to the good guys! We need him bad. 

This is what I love so much. Not only did we whoop our rival but the team impressed the recruits in all facets. Whether offense or defense their interest should have peaked..Also the environment helps too. We are going to miss Braden tremendously but getting Trey will make it hurt less.

AU. Have felt good about this one a very long time. Signs pointed towards AU from the start by the amount of times he visited. Now he is confident about the direction of the program. 

Wish he could get his friend JF to rethink his decision. MW is a baller and so is JG and we will get Bo next year so we will be fine either way. 

• 4 weeks later...

No. 2 OG Trey Hill sets commitment date

Chad Simmons

The mind of Rivals 100 offensive lineman Trey Hill is close to being made up and he will not wait long to share his decision with the public as soon as he finalizes things.

The 6-foot-4, 330 pound mauler out of Warner Robins (Ga.) Houston County plans to reveal his choice Monday night (December 11) around 8pm ET at the end of his football banquet.

He will choose between four schools.

"I will commit to Auburn, Florida, Florida State or Georgia," said Hill. "."I will know after Sunday night who I am committing to."

Auburn was the last school in the Hill home for a visit. That happened Thursday night when the Tigers sent a trio of coaches.

Before Auburn was in town Thursday, Florida State new coach Willie Taggert and a couple of assistants were at the school to visit Hill.

On Wednesday night, Kirby Smart and Sam Pittman from Georgia spent time with the Hill family.

There will be no more in-home visits for Hill before he commits Monday night. He plans to go home from Athens and make his decision.

"It's gonna come down to the school I feel that can prepare me for the next level," said Hill. "I mean, it has to feel like home to me and I want my family to be happy with the decision.

"I know my timer is winding down, so I'm ready to put it out there."

Hill is an early enrollee and he plans to sign his letter of intent on December 20, the first day of the early signing period.

1 hour ago, Jaxr29 said:

Benjamin Wolk just CB'd him to UGA :hanged:

So AU sends half the staff down for an in-home visit on Thurs & BW comes out with a CB to the pups.  Sounds a like someone is bitter

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

So AU sends half the staff down for an in-home visit on Thurs & BW comes out with a CB to the pups.  Sounds a like someone is bitter

Not at all. Looks like he had some info we didn't.

Even with our early playing opportunities, how important to Trey is joining his former HS teammate and starting QB at uga who happens to be SEC Freshman of the Year?  Tons of pup fans in Warner Robins, too.  Tall hill to climb for getting him to choose the good guys. 

Even with all the visits he made to Auburn no georgia mod ever crystal balled him to Auburn. Even after keith and wilfong the national guy did.

Archived