depth chart for Week 4

aubiefifty

Projected Auburn depth chart for Week 4 of spring practice

James Crepea | jcrepea@al.com

After each week of Auburn's spring practice AL.com will project the team's depth chart.

Injuries and expected absences and returns will be noted and updated.

Here is the projected depth chart for Auburn's fourth week of spring practice, with less than two weeks remaining until A-Day.

QUARTERBACK
Jarrett Stidham, redshirt-sophomore
Sean White, redshirt-junior (limited as he recovers from broken right forearm)
Woody Barrett, redshirt-freshman OR
Malik Willis, freshman

RUNNING BACK
Kamryn Pettway, redshirt-junior
Kerryon Johnson, junior
Kam Martin, sophomore
Malik Miller, redshirt-freshman (recovering from season-ending left knee injury)

H-BACK
Chandler Cox, junior
Keenan Sweeney, junior

TIGHT END
Jalen Harris, junior
Sal Cannella, junior

SPLIT END
Kyle Davis, sophomore (out due to "personal business," possibly until fall)
Darius Slayton, redshirt-sophomore (returned from hernia surgery)
Nate Craig-Myers, sophomore
Marquis McClain, redshirt-freshman

FLANKER
Eli Stove, sophomore
Ryan Davis, junior
John Franklin III, senior

SLOT
Jason Smith, senior
Will Hastings, junior
Ryan Davis, junior

Y/BIG SLOT
Marquis McClain, redshirt-freshman
Jalen Harris, junior OR
Sal Cannella, junior
Logan Rice, junior

LEFT TACKLE
Darius James, senior
Prince Tega Wanogho Jr., redshirt-sophomore
Prince Michael Sammons, redshirt-freshman

LEFT GUARD
Marquel Harrell, redshirt-sophomore
Mike Horton, redshirt-sophomore
Bailey Sharp, redshirt-sophomore
Brodarious Hamm, freshman (cleared but limited after missing last year due to Hodgkin's lymphoma)
Nick Brahms, freshman (out until summer due to broken fibula and torn ligaments)

CENTER
Austin Golson, senior
Kaleb Kim, redshirt-sophomore

RIGHT GUARD
Mike Horton, redshirt-sophomore
Braden Smith, senior
Tyler Carr, redshirt-sophomore
Brodarious Hamm, freshman (cleared but limited after missing last year due to Hodgkin's lymphoma)

RIGHT TACKLE
Braden Smith, senior
Darius James, senior
Prince Michael Sammons, redshirt-freshman
Prince Tega Wanogho Jr., redshirt-sophomore

BUCK
Jeff Holland, junior
Paul James III, redshirt-junior
Tre Threat, sophomore
Nick Coe, redshirt-freshman

NOSE TACKLE
Dontavius Russell, redshirt-junior
Derrick Brown, sophomore
Jauntavius Johnson, redshirt-sophomore OR
Antwuan Jackson Jr., redshirt-freshman

DEFENSIVE TACKLE
Andrew Williams, redshirt-junior OR
Derrick Brown, sophomore
Byron Cowart, junior
Antwuan Jackson Jr., redshirt-freshman
Tashawn Manning, freshman (cleared by limited after missing last year due to acute promyelocytic leukemia)

DEFENSIVE END
Marlon Davidson, sophomore
Byron Cowart, junior
Tyler Carter, redshirt-sophomore

STRONG-SIDE LINEBACKER
Deshaun Davis, redshirt-junior
Montavious Atkinson, junior
Richard McBryde, redshirt-sophomore

MIDDLE LINEBACKER
Tre' Williams, senior
Darrell Williams, junior
Richard McBryde, redshirt-sophomore
K.J. Britt, freshman (out due to leg injury)

WEAK-SIDE LINEBACKER
Darrell Williams, junior
Tre Threat, sophomore
Chandler Wooten, freshman
Josh Shockley, junior (out due to arm injury)

NICKEL
Daniel Thomas, sophomore
Jeremiah Dinson, redshirt-sophomore
Michael Sherwood, senior
John Broussard Jr., redshirt-freshman

BOUNDARY CORNERBACK
Javaris Davis, redshirt-sophomore
Jamel Dean, redshirt-sophomore ("very limited" recovering from torn ACL)
John Broussard Jr., redshirt-freshman
Michael Sherwood, senior

STRONG SAFETY
Tray Matthews, senior
Nick Ruffin, senior
Marlon Character, redshirt-freshman

FREE SAFETY
Stephen Roberts, senior
Michael Sherwood, senior

FIELD CORNERBACK
Carlton Davis, junior
Jayvaughn Myers, redshirt-freshman ("very limited" recovering from torn ACL)
Malcolm Askew, freshman

PUNT RETURN
Stephen Roberts, senior
Eli Stove, sophomore
Ryan Davis, junior
Jason Smith, senior

KICKOFF RETURN
Kerryon Johnson, junior
Kam Martin, sophomore
Ryan Davis, junior
Jason Smith, senior

KICKER
Daniel Carlson, redshirt-senior
Ian Shannon, redshirt-sophomore

PUNTER
Ian Shannon, redshirt-sophomore

HOLDER
Tyler Stovall, senior

LONG SNAPPER
Ike Powell, senior
Zach Wade, junior

why do the coaches not release a true depth chart? if someone busts his behind why not reward him on the depth chart even if it is spring? if willis is out performing mr barrett why not reward the kid? i mean it changes every week. when a kid has passed someone so much they " left him holding the clipboard" then why not show him some love? or do we basically not believe the coaches? i know it is a kind of silly thing to think about but i think it is silly of the coaches to be less than truthful...if they are.

Well, two things imo. First, spring depth charts don't mean a whole lot. Secondly, I would guess the coaches don't think he should be higher on the depth chart. Why would they be "less than truthful"?

59 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why do the coaches not release a true depth chart? if someone busts his behind why not reward him on the depth chart even if it is spring? if willis is out performing mr barrett why not reward the kid? i mean it changes every week. when a kid has passed someone so much they " left him holding the clipboard" then why not show him some love? or do we basically not believe the coaches? i know it is a kind of silly thing to think about but i think it is silly of the coaches to be less than truthful...if they are.

THe only people who are saying WIllis is outperforming Barrett is people on this site. If it is not the coaches saying it, why would you expect the chart to change? It is way too early. And i would want to see the charts AFTER a full spring and A day.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

I hope they redshirt Willis and maybe that will keep Woody around .

Why are believing the coaches and Willis outperforming Barrett mutually exclusive? Where have the coaches praised one over the other? Why should the coaches care anything about a depth chart released by AL.com?

sorry guys i thought the coaches released the depth chart and not al.com. and i have no defense of that other than this is what i thought   lol. now it makes sense.............

32 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

sorry guys i thought the coaches released the depth chart and not al.com. and i have no defense of that other than this is what i thought   lol. now it makes sense.............

:cool:

Generally the depth on the depth chart does not mean much to me. BUT...nice to see so many familiar names in every position.  :)

I saw where NCM was listed behind Darius Slayton who just returned from hernia surgery and Kyle Davis who has been out all spring and may not return until fall. Is he hurt or recovering from an injury of his own?

concerning our receiver out until fall for personal reasons? i believe he needs our prayer. on the auburn board of the rant he has some tweets and has been accused of some things he is not happy about. but he does need prayers and he is very sensitive to what people think god bless him. i pray for him and wish the best........and hope he will come back to us cus the boy i believe is destined for some big bucks down the road.......

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

This is Crepea's chart.  WORTHLESS.

i have no agenda for or against anyone. i just report the news for my auburn brothers and sisters as often as i can.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have no agenda for or against anyone. i just report the news for my auburn brothers and sisters as often as i can.

Not directed at you fifty.  Crepea is worthless in more ways than journalism.

5 hours ago, kd4au said:

I hope they redshirt Willis and maybe that will keep Woody around .

I look at it very differently. I hope Willis is so talented that he pushes for playing time, and subsequently pushes every QB on the depth chart to perform even better. Top competition at every position breeds championships. War Damn!

38 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Not directed at you fifty.  Crepea is worthless in more ways than journalism.

non taken! i hate al,com beause of their page loading times but if they have the only news i will print it. unfortunately they normally print more auburn stories than anyone else. and like another gentleman says it keeps you and others from clicking their site so maybe it is a win win sit in the long run...........lol

This board is dead in the off season, and I for one appreciate your steady contribution of articles to this board. It keeps conversation alive. 

Back to the depth chart, (sorry for the iPad misfire), it's a great looking chart.  Except for thinness at DB and WLB, that should match up with anybody.  

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I look at it very differently. I hope Willis is so talented that he pushes for playing time, and subsequently pushes every QB on the depth chart to perform even better. Top competition at every position breeds championships. War Damn!

That is a good way to look at it,I just don't see Willis being better than JS or SW and ready for primetime, but I could be wrong.And I'm right with you on the competition.

I read were C.J Tolbert was making his presence known at running back. It said he was a walk on and could be getting in the depth chart. Does anybody know about him? I do not remember the name or seeing anything about him. Thanks.

On 3/28/2017 at 9:09 PM, kd4au said:

That is a good way to look at it,I just don't see Willis being better than JS or SW and ready for primetime, but I could be wrong.And I'm right with you on the competition.

WIllis would actually surprise you, from everything I have heard, But I agree that unless Stidham or Sean get injured this year, he will remain # 3. He needs some time to adjust to the game and get some experience at the college level.

If either Sean or Jarrett are injured during the season, that potential RS will be yanked very quickly. It may not last regardless.

Archived