‘I Apologize’: Bill O’Reilly Releases Statement Over ‘Dumb’ Comment On Maxine Waters’ ‘James Brown Wig’

Auburn85

http://www.mediaite.com/online/i-apologize-bill-oreilly-releases-statement-over-dumb-comment-on-maxine-waters-james-brown-wig/

Fox host Bill O’Reilly seems to be walking back his mocking comments this morning about Democratic Representative Maxine Waters.

During an appearance on Fox & Friends, O’Reilly said he couldn’t respond to the Democratic Congresswoman’s recent speech againstPresident Trump because he was distracted by her “James Brownwig.” O’Reilly’s comments came in for withering criticism online, and CNN’s Tom Kludt tweeted this statement from the O’Reilly Factorhost:

Just in: Bill O'Reilly releases statement apologizing for "dumb" comment about Maxine Waters

A Fox spokesman also told Kludt that O’Reilly would address his remarks on his show tonight.

Maxine offered nothing of substance to debate. She basically questioned the patriotism of anyone who doesn't agree with her extreme ultrahard left views. When you insult most of America that way, you shouldn't be surprised when anyone makes fun of your silly , goofy hair.  Because you have no valid point to make. 

She is a disgrace. 

2 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Has he seen Trump's hair? 

Thanks for making his point ! Everyone has been mocking Trump's hair, his cheeto skin, his small hands... and guess what ? NO ONE whined about it, said it was " racist " , or " bigoted " or " sexist " , but when the shoe is on the other foot... 

Everyone can agree that O'Reilly is a jerk. He tried his best Don Rickles, but hell, this wasn't even Don Rickles light ! It was off the cuff, hardly meant as a real insult by any stretch of the imagination, and he follows it up w/ praise for Maxine as being ' real ' and ' old school'. 

Snowflakes need to toughen up if they think they're gonna win anything ever again. 

On 3/28/2017 at 7:59 PM, AUUSN said:

Why do old white guys feel the need to insult a woman's looks rather than respectfully debate?

I agree that appearance shouldn't be part of the deal, but even aside from that it's hard to have a real debate with Maxine Waters.  She's kind of a kook.

O'Reilly laughed through his apology, so I don't buy the sincerity.  Maxine Waters may be a kook, I wouldn't know as I've not paid any attention to her. But I've seen journalists slammed by people they've interviewed and still maintain civility and decorum to their guests. O'Reilly drew first blood. If he wants to make fun of people perhaps he should become a comedian instead. 

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/03/28/media-matters-president-angelo-carusone-bill-o-reilly-s-apology-meaningless-and-he-should-be-fired/215847

Media Matters President Angelo Carusone: Bill O’Reilly’s “Apology” Is Meaningless And He Should Be Fired

Media Matters President Angelo Carusone released the following statement after Fox News host Bill O’Reilly issued a statement apologizing to Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) for comparing her hair to a “James Brown wig”:

Bill O’Reilly’s apology ain’t s**t. He should be fired.

Don’t be fooled. O’Reilly’s apology is hollow. Immediately after O’Reilly’s spokesperson released the statement, he personally took to Twitter. Not to tweet an apology himself. But instead to decry ‘political correctness’ - a position that O’Reilly and his ilk usually retreat to when they are criticized for bigotry (or worse). You don’t need to be familiar with his long history of racially inflammatory attacks to know what he was trying to convey with this tweet.

And yes, Bill O’Reilly should be fired. Not by my standards. I don’t think it would be fair to expect O’Reilly or Fox News to adhere to those. But instead, by Fox News’ own standard. Just four days ago, Fox News fired its longtime comptroller due to an extensive history of racially inflammatory attacks. Explaining the termination, Fox’s spokesperson said that there was ‘no place for abhorrent behavior’ like that at Fox News.

O’Reilly didn’t get the message - and he of all people at Fox needed to hear it. Racism is just as much a fixture of O’Reilly's program as bluster is.

Fox News set the standard for acting here. They said racism doesn’t have a place at Fox News. Now, four days later, the network has to decide: will they abandon their standard of not supporting racism in favor of their standard bearer, or will they hold O’Reilly accountable? They can’t have both.

O’Reilly’s remarks drew a firestorm of criticism from commentators who called them racist andsexist. He will reportedly address his comments on tonight’s broadcast of The O’Reilly Factor.However, it is unlikely that any apology tonight will be sincere -- on Twitter, he has promised a "big political correctness" segment on the show.

Media Matters has documented Bill O’Reilly’s extremely long history of not just making suchcomments but also of enabling and rewarding people like Jesse Watters who do the same.

UPDATE:

Media Matters President Angelo Carusone reiterated his call for Bill O’Reilly to be fired after The O’Reilly Factor host was forced to address comments he made on Fox & Friends about Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA):

“It was clear that the statement issued on Bill O’Reilly’s behalf earlier today apologizing for his remark about Rep. Waters’ hair was hollow. Its emptiness was confirmed when O’Reilly opened his show accusing the Congresswoman of being unpatriotic and attacking her over what O’Reilly characterized as a “love” of welfare (a textbook dog whistle).

I’ll reiterate what I said earlier today: Bill O’Reilly’s apology ain’t s**t. He should be fired.

One other thing: What we witnessed from O’Reilly today is media manipulation 101. First, the host issued a generic hollow apology when he came under fire. Next, the media wrote up his apology -- largely treating it as sincere. But at the end of the day, O’Reilly came home to his audience, assailed his target and deployed a different racial attack.

In this scenario, O’Reilly gets the benefits as if he apologized without any consequences or even needing to change his tune. I strongly encourage any reporter that uncritically wrote up his statement from earlier today to go back and update your story accordingly to expose its hollowness. Don’t let O’Reilly and his press flack play you for a fool.”

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

O'Reilly laughed through his apology, so I don't buy the sincerity.  Maxine Waters may be a kook, I wouldn't know as I've not paid any attention to her. But I've seen journalists slammed by people they've interviewed and still maintain civility and decorum to their guests. O'Reilly drew first blood. If he wants to make fun of people perhaps he should become a comedian instead. 

He laughed it up because there really wasn't much to apologize for in the first place. He made a flippant , juvenile remark ,attempting to be funny. Take it or leave it. 

Maxine Waters is a kook. There's no denying that. 

While O'Reilly does have a degree in Broadcast Journalism, he's primarily known as a political commentator. His ' no spin zone ' brand of interviewing is more theatrics than serious journalism.  Decorum and civility aren't his better known trademarks. 

And Elle, you really do need to become acquainted w/ these folks before you even try to defend them. :laugh: 

The silence from Elle on this matter is deafening. 

:laugh:

I bet she'll still defend Maxine, even after finding out what a dingbat she ( maxine ) actually is and that O'Reilly's so called insult was at most, mild.

I don't get it...I mean, her hair does look like James Brown hair....I think he nailed it....what exactly is the outrage here?  Oh, I get it...it's the "lefty weekly outrage"....just for the record, am I outraged because she's black?  or is it because she's female ?  or is it because it was a hair insult aimed at someone not named Trump (seems to be fair game to make hair insults at him)?  I would have said it looked like she was wearing a  "helmet"...but I think the James Brown reference is much better.

She also may be the most objectively stupid person every to serve in Congress...she is in fact a malignant idiot....she just spreads idiosy rapidly every time she appears on camera....

If Jimmy Kimmel or take your pick ,random late night talk show host had said the exact same thing, it would've received a chuckle and maybe a couple of gasps, but that's about it. 

Non issue, really. 

16 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

If Jimmy Kimmel or take your pick ,random late night talk show host had said the exact same thing, it would've received a chuckle and maybe a couple of gasps, but that's about it. 

Non issue, really. 

More faux outrage from the outrage factory...

18 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Good...

10 companies pull advertising from Bill O’Reilly’s show amid sexual harassment scandal

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article142648334.html

All I can say is that Neal Boortz had Bill pegged perfectly , all those years ago. :roflol: 

16 hours ago, AUUSN said:

Good...

10 companies pull advertising from Bill O’Reilly’s show amid sexual harassment scandal

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article142648334.html

No way man, NO EFFIN WAY!!!

The left never has political clowns make fun of random republicans looks... EVER!

I can't believe some republican d bag would stoop to such an insanely sexist racist homophobic agoraphobic level as to make an un-funnny joke about some ugly politician!

The left has never said anything negative about Trumps appearance and for EIGHT whole years they never said one negative thing about Bush's looks, you know why? Because the left still has some common human decency, unlike these monsters for the right.

#O'ReillyForPrison

24 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Bill owes Maxine no apology over the hair. Great books by Bill. 

was maxine actually elected? Amazing

Raptor's lap dog posting replies like...

39 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Raptor's lap dog posting replies like...

You got a problem with old people? you will get there one day if you are lucky. Awful! especially from a military man.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

You got a problem with old people? you will get there one day if you are lucky. Awful! especially from a military man.

Snowflake ❄️ 

Archived