Baseball vs uat

BT checks with pitcher after the walk but leaves him in the game....Mitchell warming up.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watson having trouble throwing strikes all of a sudden.....might be his last batter if he does not get him...

Ball 4.....another runner on base with a walk....2 outs and BT comes out so Watson is gone....Mitchell will come in to put out the fire

Great effort by Estes to steal a base hit and get an out at 2nd to end the inning....VERY close.

Nice work by the bottom of the staff...solid pitching to shut bama down the last 5 or 6 innings. Good that nobody was over worked..  all should be fresh for the USCe series if needed.

8-1 in Montgomery v/s the turds. War Eagle! 

I missed a very tiny portion of the game but when I tuned back in I noticed Jarvis was taken out and Holland moved to short. Did he get hurt? I can't find anything about it and he's been playing pretty well so I found that odd 

15 minutes ago, au302 said:

I missed a very tiny portion of the game but when I tuned back in I noticed Jarvis was taken out and Holland moved to short. Did he get hurt? I can't find anything about it and he's been playing pretty well so I found that odd 

He has defensive lapses at times so the move does not surprise me.

I'm glad to see somebody in AU athletics kicking booty besides the softball team!

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

He has defensive lapses at times so the move does not surprise me.

More than "lapses" I'm afraid....8 errors....about 1/3rd of the team total.   We know he is playing a difficult position where AU has had defensive problems in the past few years but just can't make it hard on our pitchers.   BT emphasizes defense and AU has far fewer errors than the opposition ....and hope the change was just an attention getting move by the coach.  He has a pretty solid bat and we need him at the plate.

We always beat them at this exhibition but have struggled against them when we have a series vs them that counts in the standings lately. This team seems different though. WAR DAMN ANYWAYS! Always great to get a dub vs west vance.

Archived