OT: AU License Plates in Florida

RunInRed

Rep. James Grant has filed our Auburn license plate legislation and, good news, it passed a committee yesterday!!! 

Told you if we got 4,000 people signed up to buy one we'd get this moving! Thanks for that!

This bill is a beautiful thing. Look at it below or click to read the whole thing. 

Inline image 1

Rep. Grant was our Mic Man yesterday, but we also had support from Rep. Clay Ingram, Rep. Brad Drake, Rep. Jay Trumbull, Rep. Evan Jenne and almost everyone else. 

But there was one lawmaker blocking and tackling. He filed a handwritten amendment (!) to strike the Auburn University plate from the bill. You can watch how he reacts to Rep. Grant presenting the bill below.

It starts at 46:40. It's fun to watch because we won. Like Iron Bowl reruns from 2002-2007. 

unnamed_1.png

But here's the important part. The lawmaker fighting our plate is Rep. Jay Fant

And I think we should, very nicely, let him know we are Florida taxpayers and we support the Auburn plate. Again, we should be super nice, but also hold him accountable.

His email address is: Jay.Fant@myfloridahouse.gov
His phone number is: (850) 717-5015

And if you would be so kind, please blind or carbon copy us on your emails: update@iwantmyfloridaauburnplate.com.

And finally, if you want to thank Rep. James Grant, send him a War Eagle! and your Auburn story to: james.grant@myfloridahouse.gov

Thank you, and War Eagle!!!

-kc

Class of 2005

P.S.

You can still invite your friends to sign up to buy a plate at www.iwantmyfloridaauburnplate.com.

Yep got my text message from him earlier........................we're on our way.

Interesting watching the video of the committee meeting the committee chairman parents are Auburn grad's who's first date was the Punt Bama Punt game but he ended up going to FSU and played football.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Yep got my text message from him earlier........................we're on our way.

Interesting watching the video of the committee meeting the committee chairman parents are Auburn grad's who's first date was the Punt Bama Punt game but he ended up going to FSU and played football.

vanity plate?

$25?. That's would be nice. I have to pay $50 in MS. 

Good luck....we have them all over the Carolinas now...registration is $61 for each car....and I think about $50 is for the AU tag....sticking it to us considering that the metal tag is about 4 years old and all they do is send a couple little stickers for me to put on the tags.

26 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Watching Rep Grant own Rep Fant made me quite proud to call him a fellow AU grad!  Well done, sir.

I think my first post on AUF was response to that thread.(about one year ago) Have always lived in Auburn and decided best for the wife and to claim residence here. Big hurt was giving up the AU tags. To many Noles around here and like the "typical bammers". to many bammers also. Thanks for the help guys.

8 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Watching Rep Grant own Rep Fant made me quite proud to call him a fellow AU grad!  Well done, sir.

Yeah, that was fun to watch.  Rep Grant had the answer for everything and I believe ole Fant didn't expect Grant to have done his homework.    Grant knows far more about the situation than Fant ever will.  I would love to know the number of kids that leave the state of Florida for other Universities every year.  Fant's entire argument was saying without this tag, students will be more inclined to attend one of the in state Universities.  :lol:   Sounds like Fant is completely out of touch with the people and blinded to reality that college students leave Florida every single year to attend other universities and have been doing so long before any university plates came around.  

Fant himself left Florida to do undergrad at Washington & Lee (Virginia). You can't make this stuff up. No doubt influenced by a Washington & Lee specialty tag. 

14 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Fant himself left Florida to do undergrad at Washington & Lee (Virginia). You can't make this stuff up. No doubt influenced by a Washington & Lee specialty tag. 

Outside looking into the state, but thought of 

a FLexington plate's kind'a cute.

Good stuff.  Definitely a little egg on the face there.  That feeling of someone calling you out for not doing the research ahead of making your assumption. 

FTR .. Glad I don't do that job every day! :dead:

Archived