Chad Dollar to South Florida

GwillMac6

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back Toney Jones.

UGH PLEASE NO BRUCE! We need a strong tactician on the bench to help out.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

UGH PLEASE NO BRUCE! We need a strong tactician on the bench to help out.

Dollar was brought into recruit. Coach Person was supposed to be the tactician, especially defensively.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Dollar was brought into recruit. Coach Person was supposed to be the tactician, especially defensively.

Never said he wasn't I will never worry about recruiting with Bruce Pearl. Person seems to be a great recruiter and a meh coach.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Never said he wasn't I will never worry about recruiting with Bruce Pearl. Person seems to be a great recruiter and a meh coach.

Lol. Didn't say you did. Was just clarifying for those on the board who may not have known that.

And if we don't make the tourney you might want to start worrying about recruiting. The affect of his Tennessee legacy will wears off more each year we don't substantially win.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lol. Didn't say you did. Was just clarifying for those on the board who may not have known that.

Touche. IDK why people would think Person would be this great teacher and tactician. I guess sitting behind the bench of the Zen Master for the Lakers for a few years makes people think coaching greatness passed down by osmosis happened.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Touche. IDK why people would think Person would be this great teacher and tactician. I guess sitting behind the bench of the Zen Master for the Lakers for a few years makes people think coaching greatness passed down by osmosis happened.

I added another tidbit to my last post FWIW.

I added another tidbit to my last post FWIW.

He is basically on the exact same trajectory as the one Frank Martin has been on at south carolina: Usc lite was 14-18 his first season then 14-20 and then 17-16. Pretty similar and at a very similar program as well. I still have faith in bruce just going to take longer than we expected.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is basically on the exact same trajectory as the one Frank Martin has been on at south carolina: Usc lite was 14-18 his first season then 14-20 and then 17-16. Pretty similar and at a very similar program as well. I still have faith in bruce just going to take longer than we expected.

To be brutally honest though Bruce has not instilled the toughness in his team the way FM has & he is not the player developer FM is either.

To be brutally honest though Bruce has not instilled the toughness in his team the way FM has & he is not the player developer FM is either.

not at AU yet but he did at rocky top. He had so many dogs on those vol teams. SO we know it can be done. Tyler Smith, JP Prince and Wayne Chism were MEN on defense. 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

not at AU yet but he did at rocky top. He had so many dogs on those vol teams. SO we know it can be done. Tyler Smith, JP Prince and Wayne Chism were MEN on defense. 

They actually weren't that good of defensive teams other than their presses. The new NCAA freedom of movement rules has limited the effects of those style presses.

They actually weren't that good of defensive teams other than their presses. The new NCAA freedom of movement rules has limited the effects of those style presses.

If that is not what good defense is GIVE US SOME OF THAT! I will take some sweet 16 and elite 8's baby! WOOOOOO!!!! WAR DAMN!

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If that is not what good defense is GIVE US SOME OF THAT! I will take some sweet 16 and elite 8's baby! WOOOOOO!!!! WAR DAMN!

Point is those UT teams would likely be less successful playing with today's defensive rules.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Point is those UT teams would likely be less successful playing with today's defensive rules.

I think they would be just as successful because pearl knows offense and always puts a good product out there on that side of the floor most years.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think they would be just as successful because pearl knows offense and always puts a good product out there on that side of the floor most years.

Man I just don't know. It's not like they were killing teams. They would win some shoot outs for sure. I just don't think it would have been as many if today's defensive rules were used.

Too bad we didn't lose Dollar last week, then Pearl could have taken a run at Michael Porter, Sr. Can you imagine if we could add Michael Porter, Jr. to this team?! A 6'11 stretch 4 that can shoot the 3? We would be a sweet sixteen type team, no question! 

I hear his brother may also re-classify from 2019 to 2018 to play with his brother. His brother is a 6'9 225 PF that is a top 30 prospect for 2019.. 

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

^^This^^ plus Bruce is letting the inmates run the asylum imo

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Too bad we didn't lose Dollar last week, then Pearl could have taken a run at Michael Porter, Sr. Can you imagine if we could add Michael Porter, Jr. to this team?! A 6'11 stretch 4 that can shoot the 3? We would be a sweet sixteen type team, no question! 

I hear his brother may also re-classify from 2019 to 2018 to play with his brother. His brother is a 6'9 225 PF that is a top 30 prospect for 2019.. 

Will be interesting to see how things work out at Mizz....if they guy only stays one year which I expect is his plan does the father stay? 

I wondered why our press nearly disappeared midway through the year. Seemed we did a lot of pressing early in the year then just stopped all together somewhere around the northeast roadtrip. I assumed Pearl didn't trust the youth against better competition. Would really like to see us use press more next year. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

^^This^^ plus Bruce is letting the inmates run the asylum imo

Can you elaborate why you think that is the case? Not disagreeing just interested in knowing more.

Mizzou is so bad, and while I have no idea how Porter Jr will affect their recruiting, could this be another Ben Simmons/LSU type season we see? Because I like Mizzou being terrible.

Yeah, yeah I know we caught a discouraging L against them in the conference tourney but we were still a better team.

17 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Can you elaborate why you think that is the case? Not disagreeing just interested in knowing more.

Just hearing there is very little accountability and discipline by Bruce on the players. I was a little surprised and disappointed in hearing it but if you look at the overall play of the team.......well it makes sense

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Just hearing there is very little accountability and discipline by Bruce on the players. I was a little surprised and disappointed in hearing it but if you look at the overall play of the team.......well it makes sense

Thanks. I wasn't sure if you were just drawing from undisciplined play that hurt us. But that is really disappointing to hear. Damn. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Will be interesting to see how things work out at Mizz....if they guy only stays one year which I expect is his plan does the father stay? 

A lot of NBA people say he is the best player not in the NBA right now. He would be the first player taken even in this years draft.

Archived