Chad Dollar to South Florida

GwillMac6

51 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

A lot of NBA people say he is the best player not in the NBA right now. He would be the first player taken even in this years draft.

Like the kid from Duke,....almost no matter what kind of season he has at Mizz he will be off to the NBA.  I was just musing, that when he leaves, will his father follow him to NBA as part of a "package".  

Looks like Martin is in search of a quick fix but I'm thinking it will be more like the LSU situation with Simmons. ...especially if the kid is already dreaming of his big shoe contract. JMO

Meanwhile as for the OP.....were there rumors about CD during the season?   Once he helped get some of these top kids to AU, was he able to do anything to help them perform to SEC level of play?   

I worry that we sometimes get so caught up in hiring "top recruiters" that we forget that someone has to teach these young guys how to play and win in the SEC.

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Just hearing there is very little accountability and discipline by Bruce on the players. I was a little surprised and disappointed in hearing it but if you look at the overall play of the team.......well it makes sense

First, Porter Sr is a natural fit at Mizzou as he coached there already (women's) and daughter plays there. It isn't quite like Simmons as Porter Jr has a younger elite brother which gives Mizz at least 2 years of top talent. Worth the trade for sure

As for Dollar, keep in mind a few things 1) It is his alma mater 2) He was a longtime assistant of the new coach 3) He likely got more money/path to being AHC while AU that doesn't exist

Archived