2017 3* PG Jamari Wheeler

ellitor

6'1, 160 lbs Point Guard Was released from his NLI today and picked up 7 offers since
Appears to be an energetic, vocal type of player
Can sign in 2 weeks & I believe be eligible in the Fall.

Interesting. Do you think he requested his release because he started getting attention from bigger programs?

personally, I want another PG on the team. Giving the position more backup could allow us to use different lineups with Harper/Mitchell. Having them run a two-man-game between the 1&2 positions would allow Harper to play off the ball more effectively (the same goes for Mitchell) while not missing out on too much size defensively. 

16 hours ago, Charhair said:

Interesting. Do you think he requested his release because he started getting attention from bigger programs? 

Duquesne just hired a new head coach a few days ago, I assume the previous coach was fired.

7 hours ago, ertrader said:

Duquesne just hired a new head coach a few days ago, I assume the previous coach was fired.

That's why he asked for the release. Players can't ask for a release because of getting attention from bigger programs. Once a recruit signs an NLI as JW had done other schools can't talk to him unless he is released of his NLI.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived