4_5079418.jpg

Earle, AR (Earle)
Ht 6-4 Wt 215
247 Profile
Offers include AU, Bama, UGA, LSU, Vols
Mixed reports on if AU has offered @ QB
GB believes it's QB
AU sources tell Keith it's as an ATH which he has posted a few times publicly
Visiting AU for scrimmage tomorrow (4/1/17)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-star ATH to visit Tigers on Saturday

Gerry Bohanon, a 4-star recruit from Earle (Ark.), will visit Auburn on Saturday, he told AuburnUndercover.

Bohanon is listed as a dual-threat quarterback, but at last check the Tigers were recruiting him as an athlete. However, with one quarterback (Tyler Queen) recently leaving the team it's not out of the realm of possibility Auburn may want to take a second quarterback in the class.

The Tigers already have one highly ranked player committed at that position -- Joey Gatewood of Florida.

The 6-feet-4, 215-pound Bohanon is the No. 11 dual-threat quarterback in the 247Sports Composite.

This will not be Bohanon's first trip to Auburn.

"I camped there twice," he told AuburnUndercover.

With the emergence of Malik, I hope we think about a 6'4 215 prospect for another position. ;D

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

With the emergence of Malik, I hope we think about a 6'4 215 prospect for another position. ;D

Does it start with "s" and rhyme with "afety"? Or is he big enough to play elsewhere...

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Does it start with "s" and rhyme with "afety"? Or is he big enough to play elsewhere...

I think it starts with a "G" and rhymes with "atewood" - I think the other position starts with a "T" and rhymes with "schflifdend"

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

QBs often make good safeties. Many times, they have a better feel for routes and can anticipate quicker.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

QBs often make good safeties. Many times, they have a better feel for routes and can anticipate quicker.

And to me safety instincts and smarts are about the 2 most important skills at the position.

58 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I think it starts with a "G" and rhymes with "atewood" - I think the other position starts with a "T" and rhymes with "schflifdend"

Hah, I think Bird was referring to finding another position for this guy. 

45 minutes ago, bigbird said:

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And to me safety instincts and smarts are about the 2 most important skills at the position.

And I agree with you guys and others who want more safeties, and soon. 

This guy is the perfect fit for dan mullens offense. I think he ends up there to play QB. I dunno if he wants to play another position.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

No doubt, would make a great Buck with another 40lbs added! 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe.(wink wink) Can't let that answer out just yet. Insider stuff and all. 

New dual-threat quarterback visits

AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn has emerged as a key player for 4-star prospect Gerry Bohanon.

Bohanon made a multi-day visit to the Plains over the weekend, which was his third time on campus in the last three years. The other two visits were for camps, so the early Saturday-to-Sunday visit allowed Bohanon to receive the full Auburn experience.

It included a scrimmage and talks with coaches.

Related to Bohanon, the immediate question is: What position does Auburn see him playing? Bohanon’s answer is clear:

“They want me to come and play quarterback because I can run the style of offense they run because I can throw, sit back in the pocket. And also, I can make a play happen if the play breaks down,” Bohanon said. “They allow the quarterbacks to make a lot of decisions on their own. They let them sit back there and throw it and they also put in some zone reads for me to be able to take off and run the ball and make a decision to put the team in the best situation possible.”

At 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds, Bohanon looks the part of a college quarterback. He also has a skill set to do more than that. Despite the continued evaluation, Bohanon said all but one school — his home state of Arkansas — is recruiting him as a quarterback. The Razorbacks have been “indecisive,” he said, and haven’t finalized what position they’d want him to play.

According to Bohanon, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Memphis are also schools who want him as a quarterback. It’s Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee and LSU that are recruiting Bohanon the hardest, he said.

Bohanon’s addition to the quarterback fold is an intriguing one. Joey Gatewood is the prized possession of Auburn’s 2018 class so far. Bohanon knows what it would mean to join this Auburn class at the position.

That competition is part of the allure.

“They’re saying they’re taking two. I know they’ve got Joey Gatewood committed. … I don’t know him, but I know of him,” Bohanon said. “It really don’t matter. The best one is going to win the job. I just want to compete. I want my opportunity to play.”

Gatewood is listed as an athlete on the 247Sports composite rankings. Bohanon is the No. 11 dual-threat quarterback.

Bohanon doesn’t have an official list of top schools yet, but the Tigers are there. They have recruited him harder than most others and the most recent visit helped do the trick.

“I love it. Auburn is nice. It’s a small city, somewhere like where I’m from. It’s very family-oriented here. I just love the campus,” Bohanon said. “I’ll be back.”

Bohanon will visit Tennessee this upcoming weekend. He also will travel to LSU later this month.

Those are his only planned visits in the near future.

I know I am no talent expert, but the receiver (#1) kept showing good hands I thought and decent speed.  He went up and high pointed several catches nicely.  Granted they play small ball and the competition wasn't great.  I didn't see a lot of zip on the ball on the shorter passes.  He seems to throw a great deep ball for HS.  W Barrett seems to be much more developed than this guy based on HS video IMO.   But....I am no expert.

9 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I know I am no talent expert, but the receiver (#1) kept showing good hands I thought and decent speed.  He went up and high pointed several catches nicely.  Granted they play small ball and the competition wasn't great.  I didn't see a lot of zip on the ball on the shorter passes.  He seems to throw a great deep ball for HS.  W Barrett seems to be much more developed than this guy based on HS video IMO.   But....I am no expert.

And WR was a major project out of HS as a QB.

On 3/31/2017 at 10:15 AM, bigbird said:

This is true. As a quarterback, I had a very good feel for what the offense was trying to do, and as a result I had good instincts at safety. But, that was about it. I weighed 170 lbs in pads if I was lucky. They put me back there one day and I jumped a seam route being thrown to our 6'3" 250 tight end (who went on to play at Louisville). That was the good part. I don't remember what happened after that. They never put me back there again. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

This is true. As a quarterback, I had a very good feel for what the offense was trying to do, and as a result I had good instincts at safety. But, that was about it. I weighed 170 lbs in pads if I was lucky. They put me back there one day and I jumped a seam route being thrown to our 6'3" 250 tight end (who went on to play at Louisville). That was the good part. I don't remember what happened after that. They never put me back there again. 

Do you realize how hard it is to picture you as a QB with the Raising Arizona Nick Cage Avi?

Got a question for anyone who may know enough about this kid to answer it. Let's suppose for a minute, that Gatewood is a 5 on a scale of 1-10, where would this kid fall on that same scale?

11 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Got a question for anyone who may know enough about this kid to answer it. Let's suppose for a minute, that Gatewood is a 5 on a scale of 1-10, where would this kid fall on that same scale?

As athletes they are both 8 or better. TBD as QBs.

• 1 month later...

Getting a lot of Crystal balls to MOO U. Announcing in a few days. We probaly are not recruiting him that hard anymore or if at all anymore I just hate he is going to play for dan mullen. He is the perfect QB for Hunchbacks system. He will do well there.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Getting a lot of Crystal balls to MOO U. Announcing in a few days. We probaly are not recruiting him that hard anymore or if at all anymore I just hate he is going to play for dan mullen. He is the perfect QB for Hunchbacks system. He will do well there.

If he can throw well enough to be dangerous with his arm as well as his legs. Of the QBs we have looked at so far for the 2nd QB in the class he is the most inconsistent passer of the group.

Another Arkansas QB who plays horrible competition . Do not trust. If he wants to play QB, let it be for another SEC school.

Archived