OT: Prayers needed

ellitor

I'm not sure where to put this so mods move if needed. As some of you know from a post last week my grandfather fell & had brain surgery last Wednesday. Unfortunately he still hasn't woken up yet. My hopes fade a bit with each passing day. I don't know how long someone may sleep after surgery of this nature but I know 1 man who slept 2 weeks after surgery before waking. This is day 10 post surgery. Thank you to those who have prayed & reached out. Please keep them coming!

E

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm not sure where to put this so mods move if needed. As some of you know from a post last week my grandfather fell & had brain surgery last Wednesday. Unfortunately he still hasn't woken up yet. My hopes fade a bit with each passing day. I don't know how long someone may sleep after surgery of this nature but I know 1 man who slept 2 weeks after surgery before waking. This is day 10 post surgery. Thank you to those who have prayed & reached out. Please keep them coming!

E

1st time I had seen this. Sorry. Just lifted up a prayer for him. God bless.

Prayers for you and your family. 

Prayers for your grandfather, your family and the doctors and nurses to be given the knowledge and skills to bring him through this time.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

E

Ellitor, I haven't been near so active as usual on the board these past few months and I missed this news.  I'm sorry to hear that this happened to your grandfather and I will certainly send whatever good energy I can his way by whatever means.  I don't know much about brain injuries and how long someone might be out after surgery, but I do recall that the brain has a way of saying "All right, we're just gonna lay here quietly and rest until we feel healed enough to be ready to wake up."  Sometimes it takes awhile. Stay strong, man.

Are they keeping him in a medically-induced coma due to the surgery? I am sure they did for at least a while.  It keeps the brain from being over-stimulated.  It takes a while to wake up from that kind of medicine.  At least several days.  I am sure they are monitiring brain activity, as well.  If the doctors haven't given up, you should not either.  Prayers for him to be  awake soon.  

Prayers for you and your family, buddy. 

Archived