OT: Prayers needed

ellitor

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Are they keeping him in a medically-induced coma due to the surgery? I am sure they did for at least a while.  It keeps the brain from being over-stimulated.  It takes a while to wake up from that kind of medicine.  At least several days.  I am sure they are monitiring brain activity, as well.  If the doctors haven't given up, you should not either.  Prayers for him to be  awake soon.  

Don't think they had him in an induced coma. They had to remove something like a clot. It was not related to the fall or the one he had some 15 years ago. Whatever it is could have been there when he was born. What I don't understand is why it wasn't found on examination after the first fall. He busted his head open pretty good on that one.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm not sure where to put this so mods move if needed. As some of you know from a post last week my grandfather fell & had brain surgery last Wednesday. Unfortunately he still hasn't woken up yet. My hopes fade a bit with each passing day. I don't know how long someone may sleep after surgery of this nature but I know 1 man who slept 2 weeks after surgery before waking. This is day 10 post surgery. Thank you to those who have prayed & reached out. Please keep them coming!

E

Hang in there my friend. Does he have brain activity? I will keep him in my prayers no doubt!

Prayed just now E. Please continue updating as you are able. God Bless

6 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Hang in there my friend. Does he have brain activity? I will keep him in my prayers no doubt!

Yes & he has voluntarily moved.

From my mother on facebook

Waiting for daddy to wake up and just tell us April Fools...I'm ok ...it is so hard to watch him laying there ...his vitals are good, he is breathing on his own but he just won't open them pretty blues....

Please let your Mom know there are MANY prayers being lifted up for her Father and Family. 

Prayers sent, E. My Brother in law had heart surgery back in February. He was out for almost two weeks before he woke up. Praying  for the same with your grandfather.

It sounds like his body is just taking the time to heal. If vitals are good and brain activity is there, he just may need to be sleeping in order to heal. I bet he hears your voices and knows you are there. Could it have been an anyeurism that they removed? That is a weakness in a blood vessel that could have been caused by the previous fall. I know it is hard to wait, but when he awakes, it will all be worth the wait. Prayers lifted for your whole family.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes & he has voluntarily moved.

He is in my prayers for sure. God is in the miracle business no matter how big or small the miracle is. I have seen it happen in my life and God willing hope to see more before my final miracle of going home for the last time when all will be made right for all of God's children my friend.

I meant to ask you if you want me to have placed on our church's prayer list? My Church is 1st Baptist of Brevard, NC. IF you want me to do this, send me a private message with his name and any other information you would like for me to list. God will be with him and your family.

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

It sounds like his body is just taking the time to heal. If vitals are good and brain activity is there, he just may need to be sleeping in order to heal. I bet he hears your voices and knows you are there. Could it have been an anyeurism that they removed? That is a weakness in a blood vessel that could have been caused by the previous fall. I know it is hard to wait, but when he awakes, it will all be worth the wait. Prayers lifted for your whole family.

Don't think it was an anyeurism as the doc said it could have been something he was born with. I can't pronounce or spell the word it is.

Before I forget thank you all for your prayers & support.

Prayers are continuing, E., and I am lifting this verse in particular:  Isaiah 40:31.  It fits with Auburn, it reminds us of the Source of fighting strength, and it is perfect for "the waiting game", which usually applies to the caregivers...

"...but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint."

My grandfather passed away this afternoon. Thank you to all that prayed. Please continue to pray for our family, especially my mother & aunts who have to handle all the arrangements.

Archived