Mean Recruiting Prank

LKEEL75

Someone acting as CHH called a recruit and acted like he got a legit scholarship offer from AU.  WOW!!  link

The world of college football recruiting seems to be getting more and more off the wall every year. This latest example is an odd story that could have ended much differently if not for the class of Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand.

This story begins with 6-foot-3, 325-pound Miami lineman Taurrian Stafford. The south Florida native currently holds an offer from Florida A&M but was recently brought to tears after receiving a call from someone claiming to be Hand. The reason for the tears was pure joy, as Stafford told Keith Niebuhr of Auburn Undercover that the caller offered him a scholarship to play for the Tigers.

Stafford’s joy quickly turned to agony, as it was discovered that the call did not actually come from Hand, nor anyone from Auburn for that matter, and that no such offer from the Tigers had ever been extended. Apparently, this was someone’s idea of a prank. The caller has yet to be identified.

Stafford sent out this tweet soon after discovering the truth regarding the call.

I just pray the blessings stay upon me on my journey to success?

Clearly, the Auburn coach doesn’t appreciate anyone using his identity to fool a prospect, as Hand recently called out the imposter online.

Only a true scumbag would 'prank' a HS athlete w/a false scholarship offer-If that's you, you should reevaluate the priorities in your life.

According to Niebuhr, Hand has pledged to make the trip down to south Florida to evaluate Stafford this spring, at the very least giving him something to strive for out of this awful experience. If nothing else, Stafford now has extra motivation to go out and prove his value to a Power 5 school in the face of this adversity.

I wish I could find the a**hole who called him and teach that person a lesson. 

28 minutes ago, GordoAU said:

I wish I could find the a**hole who called him and teach that person a lesson. 

This story is really making the rounds. Something tells me that someone is already regretting it. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

This story is really making the rounds. Something tells me that someone is already regretting it. 

After about half dozen beers or a couple joints, it probably sounded like a funny thing to do....not so much now however.

Luckily Coach Hand is a standup guy and also this kid has his head screwed on right and while disappointed has handled it very well. It seems he has a good HS coach who helped him understand this and also was looking out for him. I agree with Coach Hand the guy that did this to this kid is a real scumbag. I am really glad that Coach will go down and give him an honest evaluation.

It's despicable that someone would pull a prank like this and he probably thinks it's funny. 

Note to scumbag, if you want to know why you have few, if any friends, look no further than this.

Archived