Softball vs. Georgia - game 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looped to right and well into foul territory and Rivera makes a terrific diving catch well into foul territory.  1 out.

Our girls show effort, that is for sure. 

walk, but grounder to cooper at 3rd and she goes to 2nd for the lead runner throw to 1st not in time.  2 outs.

slow roller toward 1st and Carlson fields it and tags the runner.   FINAL.  AUBURN WINS 7-5.  WAR EAGLE!!!!

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

alright get the first one

Golf, did you fall asleep sitting up again? Game 1 just finished. :P

Does at least one of those danged Emmanuel sisters graduate this year?  Please.  They are largely responsible for Georgia's league-leading BA, but the Dogs have some other dangerous hitters as well.  The sisters get into the heads of the defense, I think.  Two errors involving them were costly.  Carlson wasn't at her best, and that was the worst homering I've seen by umpires this year.  That "triple" by McGuire was a foul ball.  Damn good effort by the girls to stay focused and get the W in spite of not being at our best. BTW, Missouri beat uat tonight 2-0.  

It's a great day when both the auburn softball and baseball teams win....coupled with a loss by both the bama baseball and softball teams! War Eagle!

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Does at least one of those danged Emmanuel sisters graduate this year?  Please.  They are largely responsible for Georgia's league-leading BA, but the Dogs have some other dangerous hitters as well.  The sisters get into the heads of the defense, I think.  Two errors involving them were costly.  Carlson wasn't at her best, and that was the worst homering I've seen by umpires this year.  That "triple" by McGuire was a foul ball.  Damn good effort by the girls to stay focused and get the W in spite of not being at our best. BTW, Missouri beat uat tonight 2-0.  

When I saw it live it looked to me like it landed right on the line.  The replay confirmed for me that it was a fair ball.

Didn't get to see the game but thrilled with the result. I fully expected the struggles in the circle with losing their pitching coach. It's going to take a while to get tuned to a new person coming out to talk. Did Clint handle all the talks at the mound or did someone else do it, if there were any trips to the mount during the inning?

18 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Didn't get to see the game but thrilled with the result. I fully expected the struggles in the circle with losing their pitching coach. It's going to take a while to get tuned to a new person coming out to talk. Did Clint handle all the talks at the mound or did someone else do it, if there were any trips to the mount during the inning?

Great question. I would like to know this as well. I did not get to see the game either just following along on here but seems like some of their runs came on more errors.

Seems to me that there were not as many conferences at the mound today. I do recall Clint's going out once but don't think there was as much of that type of conferring as had been done in the past.

As for the game itself , Auburn did not seem to be as sharp as in some games in the past couple of weeks and outstanding defensive plays helped keep Georgia off the scoreboard at crucial moments. 

A very good win against a good team. 

10 hours ago, jared52 said:

Clint went to the circle when he felt he had too.  I think he went out twice, maybe 3 times.  We did have a few errors that extended innings.

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

Clint went to the circle when he felt he had too.  I think he went out twice, maybe 3 times.  We did have a few errors that extended innings.

My recollection is that Corey went to the mound pretty often. Maybe just to help settle things down or talk about defensive sets or who knows? There was typically smiling  or laughing when he was out there.

He was much more hands-on coaching during the game than Clint was yesterday . I guess we will find out which approach works best. 

26 minutes ago, AU64 said:

My recollection is that Corey went to the mound pretty often. Maybe just to help settle things down or talk about defensive sets or who knows? There was typically smiling  or laughing when he was out there.

He was much more hands-on coaching during the game than Clint was yesterday . I guess we will find out which approach works best. 

Corey did go out quite a bit, but this is only one game and the first without Corey. 

I'm not sure I would call him more hands on than Clint.  We don't know what is said in those trips to the circle (there isn't a mound in softball :poke: )   The Myers have worked together for a long time, so they could be both tell them the same thing.  We just don't know.

Archived