Vice President Pence’s “never dine alone with a woman” rule isn’t honorable. It’s probably illegal.

Auburn85

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Fwiw, as little as I care for or respect him, if Trump resigned and Pence became President today, I'd breathe a sigh of relief.

Well said but I would also pray for pence to remain alive to avoid Paul Ryan. 

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

It's your attitude that's s***ty. You're fortunate to be a man, never having to worry about being sexually assaulted or raped. You've never been told to dress a certain way to avoid unwanted advances or not drink too much so you don't fall victim to a sexual predator. You've never had to worry about walking to your car at night alone or worry about that man that suddenly stepped into the elevator with you. Trump has openly bragged about sexual assault, has a line of victims who say he did exactly what he boasted about, has shown little regard for women saying "treat Em like s***" and has been accused of rape at least three times. So if you want to continue to defend his behavior that says a whole hell of a lot about your character or lack there of. 

" fortunate to be a man " None of the great women in my life have ever told me that nor have they expressed the worries you do. " drink to much so you don't fall victim......" wow.

Elle, most men including myself have walked places at night that caused some worry and concern. Best thing is to recognize and avoid those situations when possible.

I do not see how asking about settlements or convictions is defending Trump. I would never defend Trump or any man proven to knowingly assault a woman. 

28 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

" fortunate to be a man " None of the great women in my life have ever told me that nor have they expressed the worries you do. " drink to much so you don't fall victim......" wow.

Elle, most men including myself have walked places at night that caused some worry and concern. Best thing is to recognize and avoid those situations when possible.

I do not see how asking about settlements or convictions is defending Trump. I would never defend Trump or any man proven to knowingly assault a woman. 

Even if he was recorded admitting it while he had been accused of it multiple times? 

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

I apologize for not making it clear to you that you didn't call Pence a sexist. I typed "In this thread, Pence has been called a sexist." In NO WAY did I mean to imply that YOU called him that. If I had meant that then I would have typed "you called Pence a sexist." I also apologize for not being able to adequately explain my point that men have fears that they have to live with as well, and that Pence's comments seemed to me to be a way for him to deal with it. I guess it is easier to assume that people like you are the only ones who have problems to overcome. I never said that Pence was afraid of women. You know that I never called you a sexist hypocrite, but feel free to assume the role of victim whenever it helps your cause.

You keep trying to make this thread about Trump. We agree that he is disgusting, but everything is not all about him.

Thanks for the apology. Understand this- I don't fault anyone for taking steps to protect his or her marriage. I do have a problem though,  applauding a man who says he won't dine with a woman in order to protect his marriage but then partners with a man who has a history of marital affairs, openly brags about sexual assault, and has been accused of rape at least three times. Pence openly claims to be a Christian. One of the teachings within that faith is not to be unequally yoked with someone who has conflicting beliefs. Pence, a seemingly moral man,has yoked himself with Trump, who himself admits opposite beliefs. You can say I want to make this thread about Trump but you are missing the point that Pence's association with Trump is the reason I don't hold his code in high regard. Aside from Salty defending Trump in regards to sexual assault, you appear to be the only other man in this thread who has had trouble comprehending my posts.

41 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Perhaps you should ask the women in your life if they've ever had those fears. And perhaps you should research how many people believe it isn't rape if a woman is drunk. 

Recognize and avoid situations? How many times have you walked into a parking lot at night with keys clutched between your fingers because you were alone at the mall? I was sitting in my car in a parking lot once, middle of the day and was approached by two men who wanted me to help them find painting jobs. Seriously? Women have to be far more vigilant than men about situations. 

Asking about settlements was your way of implying that Trump is innocent or a victim  of the money hungry. And if it were one case, it may remotely have legitimacy. But considering there are three allegations of rape and a dozen claims of sexual assault I'd say it's safe to believe Trump has issues. How many victims does it take for you to believe there are victims? Or does it just take a verdict for you to believe he is guilty?

51 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Perhaps you should ask the women in your life if they've ever had those fears. And perhaps you should research how many people believe it isn't rape if a woman is drunk. 

Recognize and avoid situations? How many times have you walked into a parking lot at night with keys clutched between your fingers because you were alone at the mall? I was sitting in my car in a parking lot once, middle of the day and was approached by two men who wanted me to help them find painting jobs. Seriously? Women have to be far more vigilant than men about situations. 

Asking about settlements was your way of implying that Trump is innocent or a victim  of the money hungry. And if it were one case, it may remotely have legitimacy. But considering there are three allegations of rape and a dozen claims of sexual assault I'd say it's safe to believe Trump has issues. How many victims does it take for you to believe there are victims? Or does it just take a verdict for you to believe he is guilty?

Just wow again Elle. Believe as wish about me. Don't get drunk and don't go to the mall at night. Two things you can control.

Helped you out with two fears didn't I? I am just that kinda great guy ^-^

20 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Just wow again Elle. Believe as wish about me. Don't get drunk and don't go to the mall at night. Two things you can control.

It's so easy for you, isn't it, to be glib about an issue that people face? So if I work during the day what do I need to do if I need to go to the mall or store at night? That's a rhetorical question so don't bother replying. I'm done engaging your asinine ignorance. 

29 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

What a condescending jerk.

35 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

So wait a second here.  What if Elle has a job and needs to pick something up from the mall or grocery store, meaning the only time she can go is at night?  My mother had to do this for years while raising me as a single parent.  You can't control everything, especially as a woman.  Hell, have you been to Montgomery lately?  There's some sketchy crap that repeatedly happens in mall / Wal-Mart parking lots there.

In the end, you really don't get her point.  I'm 6'3", 220 pounds.  If I go out at night anywhere, I rarely worry about my safety.  My wife is a beautiful 5'9" woman who barely cracks 135.  She doesn't drink and yet if she goes to dinner with her girlfriends in a nice area, she still has to watch her back and I worry about her until I hear the garage open up.  Also, Elle's point about drinking is that a man can go get drunk at a bar often without repercussion.  If a woman has too many, she has to worry about men taking advantage of her, or worse, being slipped a date rape drug.  In fact, I'm 99% certain my wife was slipped one while sitting right next to me once.  Luckily I was there so nothing happened, but it could have been really bad.

I'm not sure what society you live in, but America is a much more dangerous place to live for a woman than it is a man.

So women shouldn't get drunk, shouldn't go to the mall at night shouldn't have business meals with married men? Sharia? 

55 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

So wait a second here.  What if Elle has a job and needs to pick something up from the mall or grocery store, meaning the only time she can go is at night?  My mother had to do this for years while raising me as a single parent.  You can't control everything, especially as a woman.  Hell, have you been to Montgomery lately?  There's some sketchy crap that repeatedly happens in mall / Wal-Mart parking lots there.

In the end, you really don't get her point.  I'm 6'3", 220 pounds.  If I go out at night anywhere, I rarely worry about my safety.  My wife is a beautiful 5'9" woman who barely cracks 135.  She doesn't drink and yet if she goes to dinner with her girlfriends in a nice area, she still has to watch her back and I worry about her until I hear the garage open up.  Also, Elle's point about drinking is that a man can go get drunk at a bar often without repercussion.  If a woman has too many, she has to worry about men taking advantage of her, or worse, being slipped a date rape drug.  In fact, I'm 99% certain my wife was slipped one while sitting right next to me once.  Luckily I was there so nothing happened, but it could have been really bad.

I'm not sure what society you live in, but America is a much more dangerous place to live for a woman than it is a man.

I was merely trying to suggest some things to lessen fear. Awful of me to suggest not getting drunk and going to the mall without thinking it through further.

57 minutes ago, alexava said:

So women shouldn't get drunk, shouldn't go to the mall at night shouldn't have business meals with married men? Sharia? 

Not if it scares them Alex

On 4/4/2017 at 4:50 PM, GiveEmElle said:

Can you even imagine the courage it takes for a woman to come forward about a sexual assault knowing that a "blame the victim" mindset exists? Or knowing that you might be branded a liar who is out for money?

Screen-Shot-2017-04-05-at-10.30.32-AM-e1

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/05/irate-passenger-threatens-to-file-fake-rape-accusations-against-uber-driver-video/

2 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I guess he doesn't want to be dethroned by Salty. 

I am sorry if I offended you Elle. Just asked a question about settlements.

20 hours ago, homersapien said:

Ah, the forum's top jerk weighs in.  Well done Raptor

Truth makes me a jerk ? Fine. Coward. 

p.s. You're a moron because you can't even spell my name. WHAT'S MY NAME ? 

Archived