Deshaun Watson asked to leave Tuscalooser Bar

Randman5000

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19052646/tuscaloosa-bar-apologizes-patrons-allegedly-ask-former-clemson-quarterback-deshaun-watson-leave

From what I gather it was two former players including chief sore loser Ryan Anderson and fans got in on it.

Pathetic. 

Deshaun Watson allegedly asked to leave Tuscaloosa bar
10:27 AM CT

After video circulated on social media of former Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson allegedly being asked to leave a bar in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, on Friday, the establishment posted an apology to its customers and denied its employees were involved.

The incident, caught on cellphone video and distributed on social media, showed Watson leaving the Innisfree Irish Pub after a conversation with other patrons.

"Over the years we have had thousands of visitors from rival schools and have always treated them fairly. Today was not any different," the bar posted on Facebook. "The unfolding of (Friday's) events were not led by our staff or anyone employed by Innisfree Irish Pubs.

"Unfortunately a customer attempted to invoke the right to refuse service on our behalf and after being identified, was immediately asked to leave the premises following the incident."

Watson, who led Clemson to a 35-31 victory over Alabama in the College Football Playoff National Championship game in January, has not commented publicly on the incident.

The patron who shot one of the videos declined comment when contacted by ESPN.

"We apologize for any inconvenience this incident caused to our customers," the bar's statement continued. "We appreciate anyone that chooses to visit our establishment and hope to continue welcoming sports fans for years to come."

40 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19052646/tuscaloosa-bar-apologizes-patrons-allegedly-ask-former-clemson-quarterback-deshaun-watson-leave

From what I gather it was two former players including chief sore loser Ryan Anderson and fans got in on it.

Pathetic. 

Article mentions no names at all, so where are you getting this from?

19 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Article mentions no names at all, so where are you getting this from?

Alabama fans told Watson to leave Innisfree Irish Pub, one of Tuscaloosa's most popular bars, according to Twitter user @doctor_59 who uploaded a video of the proceedings. He claimed on Twitter that former Alabama linebacker Ryan Anderson approached Watson and told him to go. Anderson is seen in the background of the video behind Watson. 

@doctor_59 I got that part when I saw Innisfree lol. Did someone say something to him

Later in the night, another video appeared that showed Anderson and former Tide star Wallace Gilberry confronting Watson. Anderson was one of the players most upset following Alabama's 35-31 loss to Clemson in Tampa, refusing to talk to reporters in the locker room. 

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/03/watch_alabama_fans_tell_deshau.html

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am sorry, the guy recording is a complete d. rider. What a tool. People need to get over stuff. It is not that serious.

Maybe or maybe not serious but a bad practice.....this is how guys end up getting shot when someone goes out and gets a gun and comes back...see that kind of thing happening pretty often.

Fortunately, Watson was not looking for trouble but let's say those guys asked Duke to leave....do you think he would have just quietly left the joint?  

But good that it ended there...and exposed the bammers for what they are. JMO

This is why I'm glad to be an Auburn fan. I moved to Alabama from Mississippi and actually grew up liking Ole Miss. In high school, I visited Ttown and Auburn. Left Ttown feeling like the campus was nice, but everything else was subpar, including fans (for the most part). My first time in Auburn was for a game, and I fell in love with everything pertaining to AU. It just felt like a second home. I know there's bad fans for both sides, but they just seem way more prominent on the other side, and I really don't think there's any bias in that. 

And I went to high school with Ryan Anderson. I was a year above him. I have no problem with the guy. We were acquaintances back then and had mutual friends. I actually talked to him not too long ago, but this doesn't surprise me one bit knowing him and the way he is. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Maybe or maybe not serious but a bad practice.....this is how guys end up getting shot when someone goes out and gets a gun and comes back...see that kind of thing happening pretty often.

Fortunately, Watson was not looking for trouble but let's say those guys asked Duke to leave....do you think he would have just quietly left the joint?  

But good that it ended there...and exposed the bammers for what they are. JMO

TBH, They probably wouldn't have even confronted Duke like that because they would've known what time it was. A lot of these guys know who to confront and who not to run up on.

The most obvious question here is of all places why is Watson at a bar in tuscalooser?

10 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

The most obvious question here is of all places why is Watson at a bar in tuscalooser?

Plenty of reasons. He could easily have a girl there for all we know.

15 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

exactly.  Going there, regardless of intent, probably wasn't the best decision.  Hell, going to tuscaloser at all probably wasn't the best decision.

32 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Supposedly, he's dating TJ Yeldon's ex girlfriend who lives there. TJ and Ryan are best friends, so that caused some of the animosity. Supposedly, at least. Still doesn't excuse it. 

37 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Supposedly, he's dating TJ Yeldon's ex girlfriend who lives there. TJ and Ryan are best friends, so that caused some of the animosity. Supposedly, at least. Still doesn't excuse it. 

Completely classless. Glad this is the attention they are getting. Glad Watson just left. I'm sure this didn't sit well with Ol Dabo

38 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Completely classless. Glad this is the attention they are getting. Glad Watson just left. I'm sure this didn't sit well with Ol Dabo

Dabo is a bammer.

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

exactly.  Going there, regardless of intent, probably wasn't the best decision.  Hell, going to tuscaloser at all probably wasn't the best decision.

It never is, really. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Dabo is a bammer.

Exactly.

He won't like the fact that bammers are treating his quarterback like that

If Watson has a tree in his yard he better go put a guard on it or it will be dead in a few days. 

Well, hard to believe there weren't any more defensive players confronting Watson. After the second quarter of the championship game bama's defense had trouble getting their hands on him.

On 4/1/2017 at 6:13 PM, Randman5000 said:

Exactly.

He won't like the fact that bammers are treating his quarterback like that

Wrong! Dabo will pat his QB on the back and explain, plus excuse why the Updykes act the way they do! I'm sure Dabo can make/help him understand.

11 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Wrong! Dabo will pat his QB on the back and explain, plus excuse why the Updykes act the way they do! I'm sure Dabo can make/help him understand.

Okay whatever. 

Pathetic when on-field things bleed over to real life. He's enjoying himself at a bar, just because they couldn't beat him on the field doesn't mean it's time to get cranky and make the guy leave the bar because it hurts their feelings to be reminded of a loss. Didn't watch the video but I hope he he ordered a beer tower or something after the confrontation lol

Something to think about. Ryan Anderson, UTA LB, has attitude problems, demonstrated at T-Town bar against fellow former college athlete. Reuben Foster, UTA LB, has attitude problems, demonstrated at NFL Combine against fellow former college athlete.

Not saying it is a trend, as a third data point is required to confirm a trend. But I am saying there is a common denominator in the behavior of Anderson and Foster.

Archived