Softball vs. Georgia - game 2

Auburn continues its road trip at georgia.  Game 2 tonight on ESPN.   Let's get another win.

Lineup tonight:

Wallace
Cooper
Fagan
Shea
Veach
Rivera
Jordan
McCrackin
Draper

Makayla Martin

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Announce crew, Beth Mowins, Amanda Scarborough and Michele Smith.   That's the hat trick of misery right there.   Not expecting much positive stuff about Auburn tonight with this crew.

georgia throwing a FRESHMAN pitcher.  I hate it when people use "rookie" to identify collegiate athletes.  They are not rookies, they are freshmen. 

Wallace sends one HIGH and DEEP to right and its GONE.   Auburn leads 1-0.   That's how you start a game.   WAR EAGLE!!!

AU could use a win by run rule - that would be nice

2nd pitch of the game and Carlee sends it deep - love the start now let's keep that going.

Slow chopper to short, they go to 2nd and get the lead runner, throw to 1st not in time.   Runner on 1st with 2 outs for Kendall Veach.

Veach with a soft liner to 3rd to end the top first.   Auburn gets one on the Carlee Wallace lead off homer.   Auburn leads 1-0

infield hit by georgia, stolen base and a fielders choice gets her to 3rd.  Chopper to short, Fagan comes home and wallace is in front of home plate, receives the throw and tags the runner attempting to score.  umpire says she was blocking the plate illegally and the runner is safe.   Unbelievable.  She was in perfect position and exactly where she was supposed to be.  Absolutely AWFUL call.

8 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

That was a horrible call at the plate.  Absolutely horrendous.  Then the first pitch after was a strike calle d as a ball ... smdh 

That was absolutely a strike. 

I'm really surprised Clint Myers didn't get tossed there.  He had every right to be pissed about that horrible call.  That was as bad as the appeal for help decision that happened in gainesville.   Absolutely AWFUL. 

I would never call obstruction in that situation!  Absolutely pitiful call.

Then Carlee trying to hard throws the ball to right field trying for a pick off.  

AU needs to settle, get the outs and then let the bats do the talking.

I've noticed a lot of the UGA girls in Criminal Justice. 

3 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I'm really surprised Clint Myers didn't get tossed there.  He had every right to be pissed about that horrible call.  That was as bad as the appeal for help decision that happened in gainesville.   Absolutely AWFUL. 

I thought that might have been one time he'd really push it. It was quite bad. 

Come on Tigers. Get out of this mess

Probably the only reason Myers didn't get tossed is he was able to convince the umpire it was the wrong call, ump realized but knew there was no way to change it (can't appeal that to another umpire).  But I think she then wanted to make sure AU knew she was in charge is why she didn't call the next pitch a strike.

7 minutes ago, tgr4lfe said:

That was absolutely a strike. 

Same pitch to O'Neal called strike. 

Archived