Masters Week

Barnacle

Once again, my favorite week of the year has arrived. National Championship game tonight. Opening day in baseball, and of course the crown jewel, the Masters. It's going to be a great week. 

h_2017040209628.jpg

h_2017040103158.jpg

h_2017040103230.jpg

h_2017040206426.jpg

h_2017040208998.jpg

h_201704022361.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My parents are driving there right now.  They have practice round tickets for tomorrow.  I got to go back in 2002 as well.  Unbelievable how beautiful and hilly that course is compared to TV.

36 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

My parents are driving there right now.  They have practice round tickets for tomorrow.  I got to go back in 2002 as well.  Unbelievable how beautiful and hilly that course is compared to TV.

Lucky them. I've been to the tournament once, in 2009, but I'm dying to go to a practice round - so I can take pictures, interact with players, etc. 

High-definition TV has helped give you a better idea of the undulations on the course, but nothing comes close to seeing it in person. The grounds are perfect. 

41 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Amen...the hills got to me several years ago...bad knees and hips...could not walk enough of the course to enjoy the day....but a wonderful experience while it lasted.  Went for a number of years back in the late '80s and middle 90s....saw Gene Sarazen tee off for his last round there

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Amen...the hills got to me several years ago...bad knees and hips...could not walk enough of the course to enjoy the day....but a wonderful experience while it lasted.  Went for a number of years back in the late '80s and middle 90s....saw Gene Sarazen tee off for his last round there

very nice

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

very nice

I can't remember if Arnie was healthy enough to join Jack and Gary on 1st tee last year. I suppose they are going to add Tom Watson to that group this year?

My niece will be working the Masters this week , she is double majoring at the College of Charleston and one of them is in hospitality, so she wrote a letter and got accepted, not sure if the last name might of helped a little (Masters).

A good Thursday morning to you all. Forecast calling for strong winds today. Should be interesting. Wind like this will expose players who aren't 100% on their game. It's going to be interesting to see who will emerge from the pack. 

My gut has me going with Jason Day this week. The guy just got some good news about his Mom's cancer prognosis, and I have the feeling that this could be his moment.

I'm interested to see what the deal is with Dustin Johnson since his fall, but I'm guessing we are going to see the same Dustin Johnson we've been seeing. He knows he's coming into this week playing the best golf of his life. He's going to push through. 

I know Spieth always plays well here, but in these conditions, I'm wondering how he will fare. He's not in his best form right now, and like I said, the wind will expose you. 

Other players - Rickie Fowler has been on fire this season. I'll be rooting hard for him. He's striking the ball so well right now, if he can get the putter going he could be in the thick of things. Matsuyama is one bad dude. I like him every week. Sergio - wouldn't that be something? (I say this every year). Marc Leishman and Martin Kaymer are my sneaky picks of the week. Both are on top of their putting games. 

Who do you like this week?

How much rain fell there  yesterday....will that slow down the greens....and fairways too for that matter?

Going to be interesting with the winds and temp being a little lower then normal. I have no prediction other then to say it would be great if Duf could be in contention on Sunday

52 minutes ago, AU64 said:

How much rain fell there  yesterday....will that slow down the greens....and fairways too for that matter?

Not enough rain to make much of an impact. This wind is drying everything out in a hurry. Greens are still lightning fast. 

15 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Not enough rain to make much of an impact. This wind is drying everything out in a hurry. Greens are still lightning fast. 

That's good ....looks like the huge weather front that dropped a couple inches here passed north of Augusta.

Dustin Johnson has withdrawn from the tournament. 

Pain must be really, really bad. I just can't imagine pulling out of the Masters with the shape his game has been in. 

Wind is something out there today...blowing the balls on the greens.  Guess the players are vulnerable after addressing the ball that a gust of wind might move it.  

Expect people at home are glued to their TV sets hoping to catch something they can report....after last week at the LPGA.

Jason doing well thus far....:)

Great pitch by Duf.....

Nice to see McGirt in the lead....a local guy from our area.

guys are filling up the creek today at 13...but some pretty good recoveries.....

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

guys are filling up the creek today at 13...but some pretty good recoveries.....

Not a bad risk reward with that hole location. Chance at a 3 and an easy pitch to make a 5 if you go in the water. 

Beautiful pictures by the way.....surely establishes the tone for the day.....

Archived