Finebaum said yesterday

aubiefifty

Your life will be much better if you never listen to a word Pondscum says.  He is only in it for the ratings and he just makes crap up for that purpose.  He doesn't have any "inside information" on either team because no coach in his right mind would give it to him.  

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Good question. Don't think it will be till the middle of the season. 

Sigh..............

9 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Actually WDE, what does Lindsey have to do to get the green light?

To be brutally honest it will take winning & Gus putting it  over his ego of feeling he is the greatest offensive mind in all of football. If he doesn't swallow his pride I'm not sure Chip ever truly gets the green light.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I don't understand why people keep insinuating that Gus has not and will never hand over the reins to Chip.  Everything that he has done so far has proven he was a man of his word.

As paranoid as Gus is, I don't see him gaining full confidence in CL until on into October when he's got a few big games under his belt.  

I know if I were Gus, I wouldn't put 100% trust with total offensive control into the hands of a coach who's never been an SEC OC before.:dunno:

19 minutes ago, keesler said:

As paranoid as Gus is, I don't see him gaining full confidence in CL until on into October when he's got a few big games under his belt.  

I know if I were Gus, I wouldn't put 100% trust with total offensive control into the hands of a coach who's never been an SEC OC before.:dunno:

I am giving Gus the benefit of the doubt here.  I feel like these coaches for 2017 are the best meshing coaches we may have ever had.  Gus is trusting Lindsey with his offense, Steele was given the slack to hire his own DB coach, and Steele proved last year he is letting his position coaches coach.  I think when all of your coaches mesh well, and trust each other, good things will come.  Unlike the 2015 season when there were reports of coaches not getting along defensively.

JJ trusted Gus to trust Lindsey to trust in his system.  Not bad cohesion-wise.  I am looking forward to positive results this year.  I just hope we can stay under the radar, and pop out in game two to say "SURPRISE!"

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

Actually WDE, what does Lindsey have to do to get the green light?

Wait through the red.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

that he keeps hearing stidham is the real deal and he expects them to dominate from all he is hearing behind the scenes from coaches and the so called "experts". and i believe he also said in a couple of days he would cover more on the subject. i take meds that often keep me kinda confused about things but i believe i got the update thing right. i know he said he expects us to dominate. so if anyone listens or watches and sees him update his statements please update this in case i miss it for some reason. thanx

Cannot (and wouldn't want to) argue with the sentiments presented here, and would never question expertise of the original source, but (am I allowed to say this here?):

"F"inebaum.

[If you do see the the update "in a couple of days," bring it to us? With you around, I really hardly search anymore.]

Gus' give and take with CRL, I always thought, was because it was CRL. He is a reactive coach responds to the noises of the outside world. For that reason, the musical qb's are gone forever, and because there's a legit oc in  the house (good or bad) CGM will hand it over completely, where he probably wouldn't be comfy completely turning over towel duty to CRL. I like us on paper this go around a lot. As fall approaches I expect the outside world to like us too. It's a win-win for Paul Finebum. We're jinxed when it comes to preseason expectations. I'd rather be privately amped up on this year's team than laying in a ditch with x's on my eyes like last summer. This is a good team, and the conference may be looking luke warm, might as well prepare for the outside world to start hyping us up even though we'd all rather be the sleeping dog. oh- and i hate paul finebam. Thanks for allowing me to share. I'm an alcoholic.

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

Do we even utilize a committee when running the ball if somebody doesn't get hurt? Pettway saw 1 snap against Clemson. Then when KJ is gimpy we run KP into the ground. I'd prefer we actually use a committee than forcing one guy to touch the ball 35-40 times a game.

I really, really, really hope we don't take 1/3 of our season to figure out who we are...that's what fall practice is for. I get you never 100% know what you have until the lights come on, but damn using 4 games to figure it out is unacceptable and quite frankly very amateurish.

I'd rather not see that ever, ever again, even inside my mind!

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It's not just Finebaum saying it. 

Must admit,

that bothers me as well

3 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

...I am not comfortable with Gus being comfortable. 

At risk of offense, seems mean.

Meant?

3 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Please state facts.  Other than "Gus said!"

Oh, and when you make $4,750,000, YES FANS GET TO BLAME YOU!!!!!!  IN FACT, GUS NEEDS TO ANSWER FOR THAT STOMACH FLU I GOT A WEEK AGO!!!!!!

Sorry,

missed that

say again?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Wait through the red.

so,

quickly driving on through the yellow ain't even an option?

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

To be brutally honest it will take winning & Gus putting it  over his ego of feeling he is the greatest offensive mind in all of football. If he doesn't swallow his pride I'm not sure Chip ever truly gets the green light.

That would be ironic considering that it sounds eerily similar to the situation at Arkansas when Houston Nutt brought Gus in as the OC.  (I know, I know, that probably had more to do with recruiting than a desire to implement Gus' offensive ideas.)

Archived