Political Map Quiz

DKW 86

Some of those questions were odd.

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -3.0 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33

chart?ec=-3.0&soc=-3.33

And I'm a more socially conservative than this would indicate.  Seems like I took a different one that had me about or or two clicks left on economic and just above the line vertically on social issues.

Some of those questions offer no response i really identified with. But this is the quiz we have shared here for years just to be consistent.

Titan, it is nice to see that we both have grown toward the Left over the years. I just cant identify with some on the Right at all anymore. I am appalled at some of their thinking these days. The deeper i get in my relationship with God, the more I am actually drawn toward some Lefter thinking. I do not buy a lot of the over the top crap however. 

Again with the Nolan chart. :P

chart?ec=-5.88&soc=-5.33

Pretty much where I was two years ago. -6, -5.64.

I don't recall seeing any positive numbers on the social side last time this was posted. 

chart?ec=0.13&soc=0.05

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 0.13 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05

OB6nNOckAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -1.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.9

There were a lot of questions that none of the answers fit.  I am more conservative than this poll shows as I had to give an answer to questions that needed explanations not one of the choices.

14 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

I don't recall seeing any positive numbers on the social side last time this was posted. 

Yeah, I find that odd.  Given what we know about the folks here, something tells me there's a bias to the questions or the computing of the answers.

I don't really care for these types of analysis.  I think they promote the concept of ideological thinking.  I'm not sure I want to be in a box that limits my thinking/understanding.  It is a dynamic world.  The variables are complex and, always changing.

In short, the little red dot should move according to the subject, with all it's current, relative conditions and future implications.  I don't believe that it should reflect a mindset.

16 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I don't really care for these types of analysis.  I think they promote the concept of ideological thinking.  I'm not sure I want to be in a box that limits my thinking/understanding.  It is a dynamic world.  The variables are complex and, always changing.

In short, the little red dot should move according to the subject, with all it's current, relative conditions and future implications.  I don't believe that it should reflect a mindset.

I agree on one issue I might be far to the right on another to the left.  Also questions like these don't allow you to say none of the above as the question is not really an accurate question so it is hard for me to give an answer.  There were questions where I could have said I agree with one part of the question but disagree with another part of the question.

9 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree on one issue I might be far to the right on another to the left.  Also questions like these don't allow you to say none of the above as the question is not really an accurate question so it is hard for me to give an answer.  There were questions where I could have said I agree with one part of the question but disagree with another part of the question.

Exactly why I believe we should stop labeling ourselves and, each other.

A systematically divided populous is perhaps our biggest political problem.  The choices are being defined and limited because,,,we are allowing our thinking to become limited.

On 4/5/2017 at 11:04 AM, icanthearyou said:

Exactly why I believe we should stop labeling ourselves and, each other.

A systematically divided populous is perhaps our biggest political problem.  The choices are being defined and limited because,,,we are allowing our thinking to become limited.

Sort of like insisting a mistake is a lie?  <_<

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Sort of like insisting a mistake is a lie?  <_<

I have heard that excuse before.  Disregard for the truth is not a mere mistake.  

51 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I have heard that excuse before.  Disregard for the truth is not a mere mistake.  

I was referring to the time you accused me personally of lying when I simply misunderstood you.  There was no "disregarding of the truth" on my part. I made a (justifiable) inference which you didn't bother to correct, preferring to call me a liar.  

As if you didn't already know that. :-\

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I was referring to the time you accused me personally of lying when I simply misunderstood you.  There was no "disregarding of the truth" on my part. I made a (justifiable) inference which you didn't bother to correct, preferring to call me a liar.  

As if you didn't already know that. :-\

You are lying now.  The deceptive statement you made had nothing to do with my post.  And, I did not call you a liar.  I said, "that is a lie".

There are times when,,,I think you just enjoy an inane argument.  I don't see the fun or benefit in that.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

You are lying now.  The deceptive statement you made had nothing to do with my post.  And, I did not call you a liar.  I said, "that is a lie".

There are times when,,,I think you just enjoy an inane argument.  I don't see the fun or benefit in that.

I tried to explain to you my understanding of what you were saying and even allowed as to how I could be wrong. But you preferred to accuse me of lying instead of just being mistaken, even if I was willing to admit to being mistaken (which in effect proves I wasn't lying.)

That's completely unreasonable and it baffles me. In fact, I was waiting for an apology.

I have lost all respect for you, which was considerable. 

On 4/7/2017 at 3:02 PM, homersapien said:

I tried to explain to you my understanding of what you were saying and even allowed as to how I could be wrong. But you preferred to accuse me of lying instead of just being mistaken, even if I was willing to admit to being mistaken (which in effect proves I wasn't lying.)

That's completely unreasonable and it baffles me. In fact, I was waiting for an apology.

I have lost all respect for you, which was considerable. 

Nah...he calls everyone a liar sooner or later.....His way of keeping an argument going when he has no cogent argument or has no facts to respond with....don't take it personal.  

For anyone like me, unable to sign on to the test site for the past few days, it has re-opened with explanation for the down time.

Took the test largely to test it ('cause I know me pretty well). It puts me a bit economically Left of where I should be. In review, I think it might be associated primarily with those questions (mentioned by many) where none of the available responses were honestly accurate.

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -3.13 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.9

Archived