Baseball vs Georgia Tech

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not your usual mid week game against a cup cake.    We are probably at a point where we have to win games like this in order to maintain our ranking.  That said, will probably be one of the freshmen....Watson?

We will be ready for them. I am sure they want some revenge after we kicked their arse.

I'm assuming we start Camacho, or maybe we throw Mitchell to help him get the confidence he lost back after after his bad outing Sunday. Wouldn't mind that 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Not your usual mid week game against a cup cake.    We are probably at a point where we have to win games like this in order to maintain our ranking.  That said, will probably be one of the freshmen....Watson?

Great that we continue this tradition in baseball with Tech. Beat them at anything we can. Hate that the younger generation does not realize what a huge rivalry this has been. Look for you guys tomorrow night.WDE

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Camacho has been the mid week starter for about a month. I expect that to remain the same.

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Keep it going here and posted tomorrow night.

If WarTiger is doing  game updates he will likely do it in a different thread he creates. It's not a knock on him by any means. That's just how he rolls.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Camacho has been the mid week starter for about a month. I expect that to remain the same.

Was thinking that with Thompson still questionable that Comacho might be held for the weekend....but he has been pretty solid.

10 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Keep it going here and posted tomorrow night. Old timers hate Tech. Big game and waiting thoughts on the pitching rotation. WDE!! 

Yep just a little

38 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep just a little

That's like you saying you drink a little

46 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Was thinking that with Thompson still questionable that Comacho might be held for the weekend....but he has been pretty solid.

Camacho started last Tuesday when they knew they were going to hold out Keegan. Nothing will change this week. If Keegan can't go, which it sounds like he will, Mize and Daniel will just bump up a day. Then, they will cobble together Sunday again.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Don't think so. Macho Camacho isn't starting tonight due to a tenderness in the arm per Butch this morning on the daily AU podcast. He may be good enough to go as a reliever this weekend but I don't see starting at this point.

Klobo is starting tonight FTR.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't think so. Macho Camacho isn't starting tonight due to a tenderness in the arm per Butch this morning on the daily AU podcast. He may be good enough to go as a reliever this weekend but I don't see starting at this point.

OK...he hasn't quite won my confidence but guess he has BT's....should be interesting if he is on his game.  

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Where did you see this by chance?  Last I saw it was Sprinkle tonight.  Even says so on the game preview on our site.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/040317aad.html

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

If WarTiger is doing  game updates he will likely do it in a different thread he creates. It's not a knock on him by any means. That's just how he rolls.

Good with me. I am a Traditionalist and like just the he does it. Did not remember seeing a thread last week Capital City Classic.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Where did you see this by chance?

this morning on the daily AU podcast.

Interesting, sort of, the kid starting for Tech (Jonathan Hughes) was a 2nd round draft choice of the Orioles in the 2015 MLB draft.  Almost ridiculous that they didn't sign him.  Blew up his elbow mid-game less than a year ago.  Mid-90's fastball coming out of high school.  Amazing that a guy can have UCL replacement and be back full speed in ten months or so.

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Interesting, sort of, the kid starting for Tech (Jonathan Hughes) was a 2nd round draft choice of the Orioles in the 2015 MLB draft.  Almost ridiculous that they didn't sign him.  Blew up his elbow mid-game less than a year ago.  Mid-90's fastball coming out of high school.  Amazing that a guy can have UCL replacement and be back full speed in ten months or so.

Damn 2nd round that's going to cost him some $$$ feel bad for the kid

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn 2nd round that's going to cost him some $$$ feel bad for the kid

Yeah, if you're a 2nd round pick out of high school, take the cash.  School isn't going anywhere if it doesn't work out.  Plus, almost all contracts now state that the club will pay for a player to go to college after his baseball career is done.

59 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yeah, if you're a 2nd round pick out of high school, take the cash.  School isn't going anywhere if it doesn't work out.  Plus, almost all contracts now state that the club will pay for a player to go to college after his baseball career is done.

We have friends whose son was drafted in the 5th round out of Ole Miss and its in his contract they we pay

My son had a high school teammate get drafted in the supplemental round between the 1st and 2nd rounds as the 35th overall pick by the Reds in last year's draft.  He had already signed with Georgia Tech and some teams backed off believing he would go to school.  He took the money...$3.2 Million which was well above slot value.

http://www.redreporter.com/2016/6/13/11927372/cincinnati-reds-sign-taylor-trammell-chris-okey

Archived