Baseball Postseason Chatter

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

And that proves my point. We shot the works to win one without regard to what came next. I suppose if you're playing from a position of weakness then you have to resort to something like that. I don't think we've been so bad that we have to pull out all the stops to beat one team that we just finished taking a series from when there are more games looming on the horizon.

And you keep missing Mine & Boom's point...given how that game was playing out & the way the Rebs were hitting Keegan, particularly his fastball, if we kept Keegan in for a full 90+ pitch start on only 4 days rest we likely lose that game & the way the selections worked out highly likely would have missed making the Regionals too. If anything the selections today proved Butch right going All In to beat the Rebs to make the dance.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I wouldn't advocate doing it in the regional, even though I think game one is an absolute must win, but I certainly understand the reasons it was done last week and have no issue with it.  

Yup. Barring some kind of crazy injury there is 0 chance we use that strategy in the Regional. Besides Butch has already said he is using Keegan & Casey as starters in games 1 then 2.

Archived