Takeo Spikes book signing Saturday

Eagle5

AU Family friends,

Thanks for the incredible number of views / reads on my article about Takeo's post-NFL life and work!  I know, I know, "TL / DR".  :hellyeah:

I talked to Takeo last night (dude has been enjoying Sydney, Australia; tough life), and he looks forward to meeting scores of AU fans this A-Day Saturday!  His book signing for Behind the Mask will be at J&M bookstore on College at Toomer's Corner from 10:00 a.m. to Noon before the game. 

You'll love this hardback stunner, and the stories from NFL LB greats (including both Kevin Greene and Takeo) as to how they overcame, and achieved their dreams, is so unique I think because they spoke so openly to a fellow warrior, Takeo.  Some of their stories will surprise you, all their stories will inspire you, not to mention Takeo's photography in the book.

I'll be hanging out at the book signing too, and look forward to meeting y'all!  Many thanks to J&M owner Trey Johnston for hosting the book signing!

Eagle5

aka Doug Dean 

behindthemask.jpg

HECK YAH! Love me some takeo!

I am planning on going to this before the game.  Do I need to purchase the book ahead of time, or can I get in line, and have a book signed and pay for it there after he signs it?

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am planning on going to this before the game.  Do I need to purchase the book ahead of time, or can I get in line, and have a book signed and pay for it there after he signs it?

I worked for a bookstore chain for several years and you should plan to purchase the book ahead of time. Depending on the retailer there may be some leftover stock that will be autographed but of course those wouldn't be personalized like most people like to have. 

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Books will be available for purchase in J&M tomorrow morning.  I'm not positive as to supply, working on that, so to be safe I'd try to arrive early and buy a copy.

Archived