2017 FSU OL Grad Transfer Wilson Bell commits to AU!

ellitor

4 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Kozan's experience level was the only thing that kept him from starting last fall as a redshirt freshman. There's a reason why LG has been identified as an issue while Horton has been working at RG during spring. Horton = solution.

He remains a possible solution as are the other 8 or 9 guys who may start on the line but he doesn't unequivocally = solution until he is starting & does so at a high level. I just want the best 5 combo to start. If he's in that group then grea!. I'm all for it.

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Although I am questioning the fact the went from a starter then got beat out by a true freshman, who then got injured, so he started again only to be beat out by a redshirt freshman. 

Same, man.. same! lol

Heck YES! Since OL seems to be our biggest question mark on the team, any depth is helpful. Welcome to the family.

Like all of you it seems it would make more sense to bring in a top OT (and I know we tried) so we can move BS back to guard. 

It will be interesting to see what we do with this line. 

This makes me wonder if that O line recruiting class we had a couple years ago with Tyler Carr and Kaleb Kim is a complete bust. None of those guys have gotten any meaningful playing time yet. Maybe they will shine as seniors. Who knows.

Edit: not a complete bust. Just saw that  Harrell and Horton were a part of that class and they have a good chance to start this year.

This will be a great one year gap filler. Nice pickup!

Ha! @ellitor, in that sense, Jarrett Stidham isn't a solution either. Same for Derrick Brown. Right? Since they haven't started here, right? ;)

I think our depth this year is going to exceptional. I wish we would have landed a solid graduate transfer OT. I don't think we're going to have any trouble on the interior of the line. The issue continues to be at Tackle. Let's hope Calvin Ashley lives up to his billing or one of the Prince's steps it up in fall camp!

8 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Ha! @ellitor, in that sense, Jarrett Stidham isn't a solution either. Same for Derrick Brown. Right? Since they haven't started here, right? ;)

Jarrett has played a lot more D1 ball to this point. The 2 aren't even remotely comparable on that.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

This may mean we whiffed on the OL guy from the Left Coast.

Possible but the staff wasn't taking both. The staff taking Bell Friday & not waiting 2 weeks when Cochran makes his decision tells me that it likely wasn't a whiff on Cochran. It was either first come-first serve or they wanted Bell more.

What was this young man rated coming out of HS? My guess he was a 4 Star rated lineman. Maybe a change can be good for this young man and he can thrive in a different system.

Archived