Thanks for the Auburn Football Memories

doc4aday

As another A-Day rapidly approaches, sooner or later each of us will see the last A-Day Game in our life. Hopefully this time next year, each of us who love Auburn football and better yet, the most special place in the USA will see another action packed A-Day game. My hope is that I can make it to see another huge Iron Bowl win and that this will happen in 2017, 2018, 2019 and keep on rolling in like what Coach Tuberville did for us not too many seasons ago.

I do think Coach Malzhan is the coach to make this happen, and believe in him more than I did when was instrumental in winning the NC in 2010, and the magical 2013 season. I have hope in this team and know in my heart of hearts, this team is special and will demonstrate this starting tomorrow with our annual A-Day game. Unlike 2016 when we started the season with playing a team that we by all rights very well could have won; the 2017 results will be much different when we face Clemson on their own turf.

The 2017 Auburn Football team will make believers of each team we face. The resolve of this team and coaching staff will be one of relentless determination to dig in deeper than any opposition and come out on top each week until season's end. Maybe I am pumping sunshine; no I am not and stand fast in my resolve.

As I titled my post, I am most grateful for each and every win over the past several decades that God has allowed me to walk on his precious creation one step at a time. Cherish each day and give thanks for it. One day will be the last day for each of us. Make the most of each day without any regret,

May God continue to watch your steps and guide your path! War Eagle, Doc.

Being an Auburn man or woman means something more than a saying, punch line or title. Being a champion is just icing on the cake. :)

WDE!

37 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

As another A-Day rapidly approaches, sooner or later each of us will see the last A-Day Game in our life. Hopefully this time next year, each of us who love Auburn football and better yet, the most special place in the USA. My hope is that I can make it to see another huge Iron Bowl win and that this will happen in 2017, 2018, 2019 and keep on rolling in like what Coach Tuberville did for us not too many seasons ago.

I do think Coach Malzhan is the coach to make this happen, and believe in him more than I did when was instrumental in winning the NC in 2010, and the magical 2013 season. I have hope in this team and know in my heart of hearts, this team is special and will demonstrate this starting tomorrow with our annual A-Day game. Unlike 2016 when we started the season with playing a team that we by all rights very well could have won; the 2017 results will be much different when we face Clemson on their own turf.

The 2017 Auburn Football team will make believers of each team we face. The resolve of this team and coaching staff will be one of relentless determination to dig in deeper than any opposition and come out on top each week until season's end. Maybe I am pumping sunshine; no I am not and stand fast in my resolve.

As I titled my post, I am most grateful for each and every win over the past several decades that God has allowed me to walk on his precious creation one step at a time. Cherish each day and give thanks for it. One day will be the last day for each of us. Make the most of each day without any regret,

I like your attitude.  On paper with the talent and the coaching brilliance that Gus showed in 2010, and 2013,  I believe we can beat anyone when it all comes together but there has always been about two or three issues, never the same issue that has hurt the team the last three seasons.  So I am skeptical.  However, would you mind going into a little depth into the parts of your statement I highlighted?  Thank you 

Doc.  Thanks for the constant sunshine you bring to the board.  Your posts remind me of how great being an Auburn fan is.  May God bless you, @doc4aday

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Doc.  Thanks for the constant sunshine you bring to the board.  Your posts remind me of how great being an Auburn fan is.  May God bless you, @doc4aday

My thoughts exactly. Doc, you are a constant breath of fresh air. I love your consistent optimism. 

Very well said, Doc! Some of my fondest memories either involves my time on the Lovliest Village or watching an Auburn game with loved ones and friends. I hope we all can see many more A-Days for many more years to come and share those memories in the stadium and here on our board.

Excellent post!  

My Dad was an Auburn grad (58) and loved Auburn dearly.  His last event at JHS was A-Day 2010.  After the game the whole family just sat and chilled in the stadium for a while as we were in no rush to leave.  At one point, I glanced over and he and my Mom were decked out in their AU gear and holding hands.  My Dad had tears streaming down his face and then it hit me that he realized that it would likely be his last time in JHS.  He cried again a while later as we got into our vehicles to drive home and I promised him that we would all be returning to JHS.  Unfornately it was never meant to be as he was in the early stages of vascular dementia.  He died on July 13th last year, but I was able to slip a photo inside the casket of him and my Mom hands and smiling on his final but joyous A-Day.  

War Eagle Dad!

16 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Thanks my friend!  When you face death in a stand off and death backs down, you know things are going to be great. I hope that each of us who has posted on this particular post can come back in 10 years and reminisce about how we yanked the thrown off of our cross state rival in the 2017 Iron Bowl, and have yet to give it back.

You never know how many days you have.  Enjoy every one of them.  My dad, a passionate Auburn alum and fan who attended all home football games and other events, passed unexpectedly a couple weeks before the 2015 season.  He never imagined the last game of 2014 season would be his last.  

That is what makes Auburn great. Win or lose, you can always enjoy being part of the Auburn Family.

Well said, Doc! Here's hoping we're all still here pumping that sunshine again after next year's A-Day! WDE to you all! :)

Archived