Baseball vs. Texas A&M - game 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU  has already suffered a very bad call by the home plate ump. CBT was as mad as I've ever seen him.  Hope there's not too much home cookin'

I couldn't tell on that double play, Holland definitely made contact with the runner, but i don't know if he tabbed him with his glove. Replay showed they just barely beat the runner at first for the out.

Just now, wareagle13 said:

I couldn't tell on that double play, Holland definitely made contact with the runner, but i don't know if he tabbed him with his glove. Replay showed they just barely beat the runner at first for the out.

keep posted. i have the radio broadcast going. thanks

Texas A&M pitcher is dealing but his pitch count is getting high, would be nice to get him done this inning or next. Estes Strikes out for our 2 after Haecker was able to steal second following a lead off single and strike out by Holland.

This Ump is giving both pitchers the corner which is nice to see.

Also for those reading this now, the call Belle is referring to is Josh Anthony getting hit in the forearm on a 2-2 pitch. The ball deflected and hit the ump in the face mask. The ump was clearly startled and missed the call forcing Anthony to have to face another pitch which he then walked on. 

After a Jonah Todd walk, Daniel Roberts goes down swing for his 3rd strike out tonight. To end the inning. A&M pitcher up to 90 pitches through 5, next inning will probably be his last.

Didn't see AU's two runs but since I've had the game on the TAMU pitcher is dominating.....nasty movement on the ball....barely more than a foul tip the past two innings.  And Mize is reciprocating....

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Didn't see AU's two runs but since I've had the game on the TAMU pitcher is dominating.....nasty movement on the ball....barely more than a foul tip the past two innings.  And Mize is reciprocating....

Mize is earning himself $$$ with every start.

Two on and no out... a little rally getting started ?

Jarvis steals second and Anthony follows with a walk. 2 on no outs. A&M pitcher at 97 pitches. Need to do damage before they pull him. McGuffin showing sacrifice bunt.

Well was ugly.....three attempts at a sac bunt....ends up a K....dang

Shameful at bat by mcguffin, couldn't get the bunt down and strikes out. Still two on with one out.

he stabbed at two changeups in the dirt and fouled the one fastball he got.

Since I'm not a baseball guy ... I've got a question.  Pitch count is important.  How do warmup pitches and throws to first factor in to arm weariness in a situation like this ... where the pitch count is at 100

Well..lost my feed and when I came back.....AU was back in the field....DP or what? 

Archived