Baseball vs. Texas A&M - game 1

Small ball was an attempt to stay out of DP ......when the bunt failed.....the DP was almost foretold.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AU64 said:

Small ball was an attempt to stay out of DP ......when the bunt failed.....the DP was almost foretold.

Especially considering who was on deck at the time. I don't like to be overly critical of a player, but this is 4 weekends in a row Dylan Ingram has into a double play at a critical moment in a game.

1 minute ago, wareagle13 said:

Especially considering who was on deck at the time. I don't like to be overly critical of a player, but this is 4 weekends in a row Dylan Ingram has into a double play at a critical moment in a game.

tough luck for him.....but still.....might have been time for BT to try something else.

Meanwhile...wonder if Mize will try to go the distance again....pitch count is manageable thus far I think.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

tough luck for him.....but still.....might have been time for BT to try something else.

Meanwhile...wonder if Mize will try to go the distance again....pitch count is manageable thus far I think.

His only problem right now is all his strike outs. He needs a  6-7-8 pitch innings to go the distance IMO, CBT will consider it im sure but if he's approaching 105+ before the start of the 8th I gotta imagine they'll sit him.

Just now, jluvah said:

Score?

Hasn't changed since the third 2-0. Jarvis with a two out double off the wall. Let's see if Todd can get him in

2 minutes ago, wareagle13 said:

Just wanna point out that I am loving the Aggie field design. Great work by their grounds crew.

I like our grounds crew more ^-^

Just now, wareagle13 said:

Robert is just not seeing the ball tonight it seems. Either striking out or getting weak ground balls.

Unfortunate too....had a chance to open up the AU lead twice tonight.....but no joy

pitch count getting up there....would be nice to see him finish the inning at least.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

pitch count getting up there....would be nice to see him finish the inning at least.

Walk and a base hit to right. One pitch away from getting out. CBT trusting Mize to finish the inning out so far. Will probably see a change going into the 8th if mize can get out of this.

getting that ball up....some dangerous pitches

Dang.....when was the last time we had a guy who can rack up Ks like this ?   Got out of that problem nicely but I think that might be it.   I'm usually comfortable with Lipscomb for one inning ....it's his second inning that always makes me nervous.

Just now, AU64 said:

Dang.....when was the last time we had a guy who can rack up Ks like this ?   Got out of that problem nicely but I think that might be it.   I'm usually comfortable with Lipscomb for one inning ....it's his second inning that always makes me nervous.

Pre-Tommy John surgery Keegan had two maybe three 10 K games.

Just now, wareagle13 said:

Pre-Tommy John surgery Keegan had two maybe three 10 K games.

I recall....Mize over ten at least 3 games already this year..12 or 13 that I remember..

Mize 63 Ks in 45 innings before tonight....amazing...

Archived