2018 3* OG Kameron Stutts commits to AU!!!

RunInRed

• 2 weeks later...

OL commit explains why ranking doesn’t matter to Auburn

Kameron Stutts’ spring game commitment came as somewhat of a surprise.

Not because Stutts hadn’t shown love for Auburn. He’d shown that well prior to attending Auburn’s junior day. It had more to do with his tempered recruiting ranking compared to some of the other offensive guards Auburn remained in contention with at the time — and still do.

But the Tigers had no problem accepting the commitment of the 3-star offensive lineman from Brooks (Ala.).

IMG_8513_s7jyte.jpg
Auburn OL commit Kameron Stutts is expected to fit as a guard for the Tigers. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

According to the 247Sports composite rankings, the 6-foot-4 offensive lineman — who projects as a guard in college — is the No. 470 overall prospect in the nation. Just within the state of Alabama, there is another offensive guard, Tank Jenkins, ranked ahead of Stutts.

Auburn views Stutts much higher than that.

At the AHSAA state track meet, Stutts explained what Malzahn and Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand have said to him about why his lower ranking seems unfitting.

“I think a lot of it is I have really great footwork,” Stutts said. “But one of the things they’ve told me is they think I’m just a really great person. They said they like my character. I don’t get in trouble. I don’t do anything stupid. I just do what I’m supposed to do.

“Athletic-wise, I have really good footwork. I’m really good at getting off the ball. I’m coachable. I’ll do whatever my coaches tell me, and I’ll do it 100 percent, no matter what the circumstances are.”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

I’ll do whatever my coaches tell me, and I’ll do it 100 percent, no matter what the circumstances are.

These are the kinds of kids that coaches love!

• Like 1