Softball vs. Ole Miss - game 2

Going to the bottom 5th, Auburn still trailing 7-4.   Let's get some runs here.   Greenwood, Crocker and Draper coming up.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crocker loops one to left in foul territory and the left fielder makes the catch, throw in to 2nd as Greenwood tags, and throw is in time for the double play.  2 outs now for Draper.

OOPs.....HR from OM makes it 10- 4.....sort of like over and out.....

Abbott in the bullpen...

Welp. Gotta come back tomorrow and win the series. Body language for much of the game hasn't looked great. Big crowd from A-Day and they couldn't capitalize. 

Auburn gets out of it without any more damage.  But, Auburn has lots of work to do trailing 10-4 going to the bottom 6th.   top of the order coming up.   Wallace, Cooper and Fagan.

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Welp. Gotta come back tomorrow and win the series. Body language for much of the game hasn't looked great. Big crowd from A-Day and they couldn't capitalize. 

last time I checked they played SEVEN innings in softball.  Hopefully the players aren't quitting like you seem to have done. 

Wallace up the middle off the glove of the pitcher, fielded by the 2nd baseman throw not in time.  Runner on 1st to lead off the 6th.  Cooper up.

Cooper sharp grounder up the middle, throw to shortstop covering 2nd and then to 1st for the double play.  2 outs.   Fagan up

2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

last time I checked they played SEVEN innings in softball.  Hopefully the players aren't quitting like you seem to have done. 

I'm not playing, and typically I don't think AU softball is out of many games. But today I think it's over. It happens. No reason to get all worked up. Winning the series still makes for a great weekend so lace them up tomorrow and get it done. 

Abbott gets a strikeout looking.   Auburn coming up in the 7th down to its last at bat.    Rivera, Shea and Greenwood due up.   We need 6 runs.

Well, this is one of those times I would tell my players, "Let's do something you will tell your grandkids about over and over."

Rivera chops one up the middle and it gets through into center field.  Jenna Abbott pinch hitting for Shea.

Chopper back to the pitcher and she throws to 2nd and to 1st for the double play.   Greenwood up and the last chance for Auburn to keep this game going. 

Ground ball to deep short, throw to 1st pulls the 1st baseman off the bag and Greenwood is safe.   Crocker coming up.

Crocker hits it sharply toward 3rd, off the glove of the 3rd baseman and then it gets by the short stop.  Runners on 1st and 2nd for Draper.

Draper chops it toward 1st and its slowly rolling and it comes to stop in fair territory by about 4 inches.   Auburn has the bases loaded and the top of the order up.  Carlee Wallace. 

Wallace grounds to short, throw to 3rd in time and that's the game.  Auburn falls 10-4.  Game 3 tomorrow at 1.

Well that's it...a nice attempt in the 7th but too little too late.   Tomorrow is another day though.

Archived