Baseball vs. Texas A&M- Game 2

Todd draws a two out walk to bring daniel robert up to bat top 1st who singles to right sending Todd to 3rd. There will be no live video stream cause Texas A&M didn't want to produce it, i assume it's cause their spring game is today, though that should be no excuse.

McGuffin dribbles a ball down the line keeping davis at 3rd but beats out an errant throw to first loading the bases for holland. But anthony falls asleep at second and gets picked off

Keegan starts it off right getting the K with a 94 mph fastball. His curve seems to be a little out of control, he's put three in the dirt already.

A&M gets a 1 out double, but McGuffin was able to get a caught foul ball on a play down the left field line up against the wall. Was able to get the ball in to keep the runner at 2nd.

Keegan's pitch count getting up there but he draws a ground ball to Jarvis to end the inning. I'd expect coming off the shoulder tendonitis we can expect around 80-90 pitches before he gets the yank, he's at 22 through the first inning, I believe he went full count on 3 of the 4 batters.

Holland was able to foul off a couple of pitches but strikes out looking to start the 2nd. But Jarvis draws a questionable single (should've been e-5) and estes follows with a single. 2 on one out.

Auburn base running miscues again, Jarvis gets caught in a run down leaving early on a double steal. Todd draws the walk, 2 on 2 out.

3 minutes ago, wareagle13 said:

Auburn base running miscues again, Jarvis gets caught in a run down leaving early on a double steal. Todd draws the walk, 2 on 2 out.

Hard to believe for a team like AU which almost never steals or does anything aggressive on the bases...looks like we need a bit more practice.

Meanwhile...Fagan just hit a HR to put AU up 4-2

Can't imagine Thompson going 80 pitches.....sorry to hear he is using the count up so fast but after being pulled for "fatigue" and tendonitis, I'm thinking it will be a short day for him....JMO

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

AU needs to tighten up.  Sloppy play hasn't been a characteristic of this team so far.

Except by the SS.....sorry to say....

Just now, wareagle13 said:

Anthony picked off again, apparently lost track of count thought ball 3 was ball 4 and started walking to second.

What?    :dunno:

Just now, AU64 said:

What?    :dunno:

sorry, anthony drew a walk and was on first. Who ever was at bat looked at ball 3 and Anthony thought it was ball 4 and took off to 2nd and they threw him out.

Just now, wareagle13 said:

sorry, anthony drew a walk and was on first. Who ever was at bat looked at ball 3 and Anthony thought it was ball 4 and took off to 2nd and they threw him out.

Thanks...I understood your comment....did not understand why it happened....sounds like the guys are not fully engaged today....

Sounds like things are getting chipper, pitch in the dirt and the lead off walk who'd already stolen second took third. He gets up and both anthony and him start yelling at each other. Anthony starts to walk away but the runner says something else and anthony starts to walk back, coach pulls his player back. Following the argument, ground ball to second and they get the runner at home. Play is not reviewable. Home run A&M 4-3.

Archived