Baseball vs. Texas A&M- Game 2

Whose pitching ...still Thompson?

Just now, AU64 said:

Whose pitching ...still Thompson?

Yes, Rod thinks he'll start the fourth but he might not leave it unless he can get 3 up 3 down.

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs. Texas A&M- Game 2

Conor Davis with a single up the middle but Logan had to hold up so he didn't get caught on a double up, has to hold up after the ball gets through.

Anthony almost hit by a pitch earlier in the AB, gets hit again but they don't award the base cause anthony didn't attempt to evade. But Bramblett is saying the ball hit him in the batters box and that it was a crap call.

Both Anthony and CBT yelled at the ump, anthony draws the walk after everything dies down. Bases loaded with one out.

McGuffin hits a ball that hits the front of the plate, ump doesn't call foulball, catcher picks it up, steps on home and throws to first for the double play.

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Wish we could play on fields with 500' fences.  We'd be hell if the home run were outlawed.

Final....Auburn goes down 6-3

Last game of the series at 1 tomorrow.....back on SEC+ I understand.

Football team won today!  :cool:

..... football team lost today :sad2:

17 hours ago, wareagle13 said:

McGuffin hits a ball that hits the front of the plate, ump doesn't call foulball, catcher picks it up, steps on home and throws to first for the double play.

I did not see the play, but just for clarification all bases are in fair territory.  If the catcher caught the ball inside the lines, regardless of where his body is, it's a fair ball and a terrific play in that scenario.

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I did not see the play, but just for clarification all bases are in fair territory.  If the catcher caught the ball inside the lines, regardless of where his body is, it's a fair ball and a terrific play in that scenario.

I know that, but bramblett made it sound like the catcher was behind the plate when he snagged the ball, radio is hard to really capture those plays, he could've been standing on the plate when he picked it up.

Archived