2017 A-Day attendance

aubiefifty

Most schools would give anything to have 46,000 at a spring game. The 80,000 plus thing generally happens when there is a new coach. Can't wait for 2017!  WDE

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Most schools would give anything to have 46,000 at a spring game. The 80,000 plus thing generally happens when there is a new coach. Can't wait for 2017!  WDE

This mixed with Toomer's last rolling is was led to our 80K+. 

They should try to wrap A-day around other events, such as baseball/softball games, college showcases, greek alumni weekend. It should be marketed as A-day for the school to show of all it offers and for fans to come back to Auburn for a weekend in the spring. Because as much as I love our softball and baseball teams winning, driving 4+ hours is rarely going to happen for me to see a game.

4 hours ago, AU13HSV said:

This mixed with Toomer's last rolling is was led to our 80K+. 

They should try to wrap A-day around other events, such as baseball/softball games, college showcases, greek alumni weekend. It should be marketed as A-day for the school to show of all it offers and for fans to come back to Auburn for a weekend in the spring. Because as much as I love our softball and baseball teams winning, driving 4+ hours is rarely going to happen for me to see a game.

They actually did wrap the A-day game around softball.   They also usually have former players in for autograph sessions in the morning.  There's a lot wrapped up with A-day already.  There isn't a weekend on the schedule for Softball and Baseball where both are at home.  They are alternated (probably intentionally).  The softball game started at 3 on A-Day and the baseball team was at Texas A&M that weekend.  But, unless you had a ticket long prior to that, you weren't going to get in to the softball game anyway.  It's the hottest ticket in Auburn.  The way they do it now is fine, IMO.

I recall Auburn would have A-Day like at 1 or 2 then later that day, they would be a good baseball game going on.

"Yesterday I..., uh, no, that wasn't me." [Steven Wright]

ETA - [endquote]

Archived