A-Day post game thread (merged threads)

aubiefifty

A couple of questions. Sorry if already covered but too many posts between all the threads.  1. Why wasn't Barrett taking snaps in second half?  2. Where was the new TE that's was supposed to be so good? 3. Is there any concern that we were moving the ball in the air? Not as much against the ones,but still moved it 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

- the baby crawl from the 5 to the goal line was awesome. 

Have we made a conditional scholarship offer to that kid yet?  We're missing out on some big publicity if not.

Rewatched the game. A few thoughts.

A. Kerryon was having a good game before the injuries. 

B. Some scrambles by Stidham was nice when there wasn't much down the field. Hope he gets down in real games, we'll need him all year. Oline needs a good year.

C. Love the corner route from around the 25 that was overshot. We've not had those routes in years. Nice way to score instead of running run after run in the redzone.

D. Wide receivers showed potential. Nice to see that. All around. It's going to be a big year for them.

E. Willis  showed some things but some youth. Great athlete. 

F. Defense should have had a pick on Willis.

G. Barrett just isn't ready. Might be more of the Cam offense with him if ever. Power run.

H.Running game needs Pettway. Need an injury free year from those guys. Glad to have Barrett coming in.

I. Love the balance! Can't wait for fall.

J. James. Paul James flashed alot. 

K. Two passes to tight ends. Hope there's more of that.

15 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Rewatched the game. A few thoughts.

B. Some scrambles by Stidham was nice when there wasn't much down the field. Hope he gets down in real games, we'll need him all year. Oline needs a good year.

Speaking of his "scrambles,"

that fumble in front of him took a helluva lucky bounce, but

his was a helluva heads-up play exploit it.

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

54616b65207468617420626167206f66206d6f6e657920746f20416e676c65746f6e2c205458

Got it.......................money is set delivery as well

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

A couple of questions. Sorry if already covered but too many posts between all the threads.  1. Why wasn't Barrett taking snaps in second half?  2. Where was the new TE that's was supposed to be so good? 3. Is there any concern that we were moving the ball in the air? Not as much against the ones,but still moved it 

I don't know about WB in the 2nd half. As far as the TE's, in the 1st half I really did not see them used in the formations. Now in the 2nd half they were used a lot. SC played mostly out of the Slot and Jalen Harris out of the HB position. I think SC caught 1 pass and JH 1 or 2. The only worries about the passing game I would have is with the O-line not giving JS enough time.  

56 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I don't know about WB in the 2nd half. As far as the TE's, in the 1st half I really did not see them used in the formations. Now in the 2nd half they were used a lot. SC played mostly out of the Slot and Jalen Harris out of the HB position. I think SC caught 1 pass and JH 1 or 2. The only worries about the passing game I would have is with the O-line not giving JS enough time.  

That is my only worry as well. JS needs time. If you give him time he can make every throw on the money. I really hope we find the right combo at OL because this O could be lethal. 

The only other "problem" is that Stidham looked so good there is no stopping the hype now. I am not saying that is bad.  I am glad he played so well. But get ready...

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Got it.......................money is set delivery as well

With a response like that, might seem wasted effort to code the request.

19 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

That is my only worry as well. JS needs time. If you give him time he can make every throw on the money. I really hope we find the right combo at OL because this O could be lethal. 

The only other "problem" is that Stidham looked so good there is no stopping the hype now. I am not saying that is bad.  I am glad he played so well. But get ready...

Yep the hype is real and I can't contain myself!!

10 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Ever heard of Enigma machine....google it

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Yep the hype is real and I can't contain myself!!

Seems to be a lot of that goin' around

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Ever heard of Enigma machine....google it

To everything (Turin, Turin, Turin)...

39 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Seems to be a lot of that goin' around

Yep I'm on a high, I'm going crazy over here!!!! *gets injected with a mysterious needle and goes unconscious*..............................

1 hour ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Most thing with him are wasted effort

I rewatched the game and saw that daniel thomas and sam sherrod made some great plays to seek out the ball carrier and land nasty hits. Definitely love having thomas to help with safety depth and sherrod can help after tre and deshaun leave at lb.

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I rewatched the game and saw that daniel thomas and sam sherrod made some great plays to seek out the ball carrier and land nasty hits. Definitely love having thomas to help with safety depth and sherrod can help after tre and deshaun leave at lb.

Thomas played great in run support and sherrod made a name for himself 

Well worth driving to Auburn to watch.  Weather could not have been better.  Very impressed with what I saw, like everyone else has been saying.  I am confused why they did not keep KJ out of the game entirely like they did KP.  He had absolutely nothing to prove, and is known to be injury prone.  Marlon Character, Jr. was flying around everywhere, and I liked Wooten, although he needs to add some muscle.  I also think we really should have gone after graduate transfers for our secondary instead of the offensive line.  Just to shore up depth.  Happy to see Dinson everywhere.

Now I am anxious for the summer arrivals to see what they can do...

30 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well worth driving to Auburn to watch.  Weather could not have been better.  Very impressed with what I saw, like everyone else has been saying.  I am confused why they did not keep KJ out of the game entirely like they did KP.  He had absolutely nothing to prove, and is known to be injury prone.  Marlon Character, Jr. was flying around everywhere, and I liked Wooten, although he needs to add some muscle.  I also think we really should have gone after graduate transfers for our secondary instead of the offensive line.  Just to shore up depth.  Happy to see Dinson everywhere.

Now I am anxious for the summer arrivals to see what they can do...

My only guess is this offense is going to use KJ differently than we've used him in the past. He's not going to play the traditional RB role as much this year. I'm guessing they wanted to get him a little work in game-like situations for a few series. I don't think the plan was to play him very long. 

6 minutes ago, boomstick said:

My only guess is this offense is going to use KJ differently than we've used him in the past. He's not going to play the traditional RB role as much this year. I'm guessing they wanted to get him a little work in game-like situations for a few series. I don't think the plan was to play him very long. 

This was my thinking as well. He probably only had one more series before they pulled him. 

I think the plan was to play KJ for about 5-7 plays to get him some touches in this offense. Let's be real here - if he is 100% healthy he should be able to make it 5-7 plays going against the #2 defense. I really feel terrible for him. I saw him in high school and thought he would be unstoppable in our offense. If he could stay healthy I still think he could be amazing. I just do not think he will ever be healthy enough to be the 15-20 carry/game type of back on a consistent basis.

A few other notes: Kam Martin had a rough day. He dropped a wide open pass (alligator arms), fumbled on the goal line, and did not really run well. Of course he was going against the ones. I thought JF3 looked nervous and did not play particularly well. I did not see much from Holland but he better watch out or PJ3 will take his place.

I am still pumped about how well Stidham played. Think about this... this was his first time to play a "somewhat real game" in front of fans in over a year and a half. He did not practice at all last fall. I thought he would be rusty but he was extremely sharp, even if it was against the 2s. 

21 hours ago, WDEKC said:

Replay is on WatchESPN. No need to wait for a replay.

And (SIAP, did I say that right?) posted at youtube as well

Very simply 

Stidham: yesssss

Anddd.... 

We have a real coordinator with real play calling ability.   Almost makes me break out in whelps When I think of our play calling Saturday as compared to the last few years

The Good: Stidham. All I need to say here.

: Willis. Same as above. 

: NCM showing out. What we needed. Still some work to be done at the WR position but that was a big step forward. 

: Nick Coe. Was a force. 

: The D in general. Was as basic as you can play but looked to be real good. 

The Bad   : KJ just can't stay healthy. 

:RB depth. 

All in all a real good scrim. Couldn't tell anything about the OL. The O was just too basic. Really excited that NCM showed out. Was reallymy highlight. Knew Stidham was good but the WR's needed to step up. I think they did. Especially NCM. And I have a man crush on Wills. Kid is going to be damn good. 

Archived