Baseball vs. Texas A&M- Game 3

Game 3 begins at 1:00 pm CST. Once again it will not be broadcasted on WatchESPN because apparently A&M is having technical difficulties. This will also mean that no plays are reviewable.

2 minutes ago, wareagle13 said:

Game 3 begins at 1:00 pm CST. Once again it will not be broadcasted on WatchESPN because apparently A&M is having technical difficulties. This will also mean that no plays are reviewable.

A school that can build a billion dollar football stadium can't figure out how to televise a football game for technical reasons....boy I would never admit that. :-\

Wonder if there's anyone close by the field that has any experience with the internet? Maybe a camera that streams input to it? Seriously, it is not the most difficult thing in the world to set up a single camera, even, from behind home plate, and Show the game that way. Very peculiar to me.

!3....I keep getting messages to our email account like PMs... just on this game....driving my wife crazy :)  any way I can stop this?  Did I hit a button somewhere to cause this?

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

!3....I keep getting messages to our email account like PMs... just on this game....driving my wife crazy :)  any way I can stop this?  Did I hit a button somewhere to cause this?

If you're on your phone it's really easy to accidentally set it to follow the conversation. Check to make sure you haven't done that.

13...nope ...just on my desk top...but seems to have stopped now so maybe whatever I did, I managed to undo it...thanks...

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

13...nope ...just on my desk top...but seems to have stopped now so maybe whatever I did, I managed to undo it...thanks...

i sent you a DM

41 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Wonder if there's anyone close by the field that has any experience with the internet? Maybe a camera that streams input to it? Seriously, it is not the most difficult thing in the world to set up a single camera, even, from behind home plate, and Show the game that way. Very peculiar to me.

I mean seriously!  A cell phone, wifi, and periscope/livestream?

My kids' high school has a kid posting updates on twitter with livestream (or something similar) and video clips every 5 minutes for basketball games.  Along with game scores, stats and updates.  

Auburn goes 3 up and 3 down in the top half of the first, a single followed by a stolen base on a wild pitch and another single has A&M up 1-0. 2 outs. Both outs have been hard hits to left, they are seeing Daniel well.

Ground out to second ends the inning. 4-5-6 for auburn in the top 2nd.

FYI i'm gonna be able to listen all game, but i don't want to make a ton of posts so i plan on just editing each post per inning on what's going on top half and bottom half.

2nd inning:
Robert gets the count full but goes down swinging, logan hits a soft comebacker to the pitcher 2 outs. Davis lines a double down the right field line. 2 outs runner on second. Anthony grounds to short to end the inning.

Bot:
Daniel leaves an 0-2 pitch over the plate which gets lined for a leadoff single. Follows with a k. Daniel gets a pickoff, 2 outs, runner took off a hair too early. Follows the pick with his second K. To the third we go 8-9-1 up to bat.

3rd inning:
Apologies missed the top half making myself a sandwich which probably means they went down in order.

Bot:
Leadoff double for A&M, sac bunt moves the runner to third 1 out. HBP, runners on first and third. Liner to short allows us to double at 1st for the DP. To the fourth we go.

4th inning:
Estes leads off with a called 3rd strike. Todd flies to center. 2 outs. Robert flies to center. A&M pitcher has 4 K's through 4 innings three of which were third strike looking. Auburn is just not seeing the pitching right now. Not good for us against a guy with a 5.5 era overall and 9.8 era in league play. 

Bot:
Auburn gets their first leadoff out on a ground ball to jarvis. Davis gets a K for the second out. A&M gets a base runner and we got a runner on 1st with two outs. Another K for Daniel and we go to the 5th.

5th inning:
Logan gets a full count and draws a walk for our first lead off runner. and only second person on base this game. And it's immediately followed by a ground out double play. Anthony lines one off of the pitcher, trainer is out to inspect, single for Anthony, two outs. McGuffin strikes out on ball 4. A&M up to bat.

Bot:
Lead off double. Pop up to second for out 1. Almost another line out double play to short stop, ump says the base runner beat Jarvis to second base. Again no tv means no replay. Two out walks has runners on 1st and 2nd for A&M's leading hitter. 2-0 A&M on a hanging breaking ball, no way to know if the DP call was missed but his first walk of the game comes back to bite him. runners on 1st and 3rd. Ground out to short to end the inning. To the 6th we go. Here's to hoping we can get our bats going.

6th inning:
Holland leads off with a ground out to second base. Jarvis flies to right for out 2. Estes goes down a bloop fly to right.

Bot:
Lead off double. Followed by a K for Daniel. 3-0 A&M after a single. Pitching change, Andrew Mitchell in to take over. Fly to right for out number 2. Infield single though should be e-4. Ripped at holland who couldn't handle it then tried to beat the runner to 2nd. Comeback to Mitchell ends the inning.

7th inning:
Single for Todd to left to lead off the inning. Robert has a battling at bat with several foul balls, but ultimately strikes out swinging. Logan grounds into a 6-4-3 double play.

Bot:
Bunt back to Mitchell and then short fly to left followed by ground ball to holland for a 3up 3down inning.

8th inning:
Connor Davis gets a leadoff double, and brings anthony to the plate. Generous call by the ump gives A&M its first out (catcher set up outside and shifted further outside to make the catch but ump called strike three), but a single by mcguffin drives in Davis 3-1. Ingram in to pitch hit for Holland who has struggled all weekend. Ump's strike zone expanding. Ingram gets a glorified swinging sac bunt. I would have broken my computer if they had turned 2 on him. Jarvis in to hit with a runner at 2nd and two outs. Jarvis swings at first pitch and weakly grounds out to short. 110 pitches and you're swing at the first pitch... Not smart baseball.

Bot:
Lipscomb in to pitch. Hot shot to anthony could've been a double but he converts it in to an out. Long fly to right center for the second out. Strike out for the third out. Auburn has 2-3-4 hitters up

9th inning:
Estes grounds to short. Todd grounds to the pitcher. Robert singles to left. Logan grounds out to 1st. 3-1 A&M ball game.

Well crap

FYI; i've started threads and tried to keep updates going for two games this year, the last two games. We lost those games, I will no longer start threads and keep updates other than the odd inning or two. I'm sorry i failed us :sad2:

Archived