Offensive News and Notes from A-Day

StatTiger

I was impressed by stidham.  Crazy quick release and his deep passes seemed low effort.

im all for white making a run.  Kid seems tough and a competitor, but he has had too many injuries for me to think he wouldn't get injured again.  Unfortunately, I feel the same way about Kerryon.

how bout ALL of the receivers.  My favorite saying by Lindsay this spring was about the receivers being desperate to get open ... or something similar

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

I was impressed by stidham.  Crazy quick release and his deep passes seemed low effort.

im all for white making a run.  Kid seems tough and a competitor, but he has had too many injuries for me to think he wouldn't get injured again.  Unfortunately, I feel the same way about Kerryon.

how bout ALL of the receivers.  My favorite saying by Lindsay this spring was about the receivers being desperate to get open ... or something similar

Welp kerryon got his annual injury out of the way early so he should be ok...I hope.

• Like 1

We better . I am sick of losing to them . They were very beatable last year , even though they did come along strong at the end of the season . But they also had two insane playmakers at QB and WR.

We can say that Stidham certainly looked good on Saturday. However, let's remain aware that he was running a different sort of offense than Auburn has run in recent years. SW might have looked just as impressive in this new offense. Fact is, Auburn now has two really good QBs going into fall camp, and even more importantly IMO, Auburn now has an offensive playbook and play caller that can really pressure a defense from 1st down thru 4th down. Gotta feel pretty good about where we are at the moment.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

Woody is as ready as sw was as a redshirt freshman

Maybe, hopefully but he appears to be 4 in pecking order. White was 2nd.

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

Maybe, hopefully but he appears to be 4 in pecking order. White was 2nd.

Absolutely. Where would rs white be in this group? And where would woody had been in rs white situation? I mean second out of 2 qb's.......ok

I'm not sure how you know how ready Woody is, I have no idea except less ready than the 3 that are appearantly ahead of him. But I think we were pointing out two different parts of the post you quoted. After going back and looking, it seems you responded to the last part about him not being sec ready. I was thinking about the previous part about his qb days being over. Which I don't think is correct but he is way down the depth chart and passed by a younger qb. My bad on that. I hope all four are sec ready though. After the last two years I will never think we have too many. 

Malik will be good but he is not going to beat out Sean.  Sean has been practicing this spring so rust should be minimal come Fall.  I'd be surprised if Sean didn't push Stidham for starter.  My question would be do you burn a year of eligibility for Malik at 3rd string or redshirt him and let woody be 3rd string since he's already had a redshirt year?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Malik will be good but he is not going to beat out Sean.  Sean has been practicing this spring so rust should be minimal come Fall.  I'd be surprised if Sean didn't push Stidham for starter.  My question would be do you burn a year of eligibility for Malik at 3rd string or redshirt him and let woody be 3rd string since he's already had a redshirt year?

I think the question depends on the context of the games he would enter. If he would just be doing mop up duty no way you put Willis in as third string, but if the starter gets hurt and the game is on the line and that game could make the difference between a great season and another disappointing one you absolutely put him in.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I think the question depends on the context of the games he would enter. If he would just be doing mop up duty no way you put Willis in as third string, but if the starter gets hurt and the game is on the line and that game could make the difference between a great season and another disappointing one you absolutely put him in.

The way I heard it explained, which is also what I had presumed, is that the pecking order will be Stidham, White, Barrett and then Malik... until Stidham and/or White get(s) hurt, in which case Malik will overtake Barrett. Which leads exactly to what you just said.

• Like 5

Let me preface this with the fact that I don't want to start any rumors or an arguments... That being said, I wonder if anyone has any insight into the chemistry between Woody and the rest of the team?  I ask, because when I watched the A-Day game, it seemed like every other QB out there had time to do something with the ball except Woody. Whenever he would try to do something other than hand-off, it seemed like the pocket just collapsed.  I don't know if that means the D just went harder when he was out there, the O-Line eased up, or he was just the victim of bad luck/calls on his drives, but it really stuck out to me that his performance wasn't as much poor as it was that we never actually got to see him do anything.

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Let me preface this with the fact that I don't want to start any rumors or an arguments... That being said, I wonder if anyone has any insight into the chemistry between Woody and the rest of the team?  

You have enough on your plate and don't need the extra stress, so I will confidently say that those who do have insight into Woody's chemistry with the rest of the team (and coaches) would suggest that you just stay positive and think about the other 3 guys instead :)

Just now, McLoofus said:

You have enough on your plate and don't need the extra stress, so I will confidently say that those who do have insight into Woody's chemistry with the rest of the team (and coaches) would suggest that you just stay positive and think about the other 3 guys instead :)

You know me, Loof... always wanting to defend the underdog :)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, The Defiant said:

If you are a person who is excited out of their mind about Jarrett Stidham, that's great.  HOWEVER, pump your brakes if you think he is the next Jon Stauback!

Yeah, that dude was a legend!:-\

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Yeah, that dude was a legend!:-\

So true. That Jon Stauback could go. Didn't he play for the Chicago Red Stockings?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Win4AU said:

People are too quick to give up on Sean White. Do I think he beats out Stidham? No, but a healthy Sean White is going to make it much more difficult than some believe.

Edited by bikeriderga
  • Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, AURex said:

We can say that Stidham certainly looked good on Saturday. However, let's remain aware that he was running a different sort of offense than Auburn has run in recent years. SW might have looked just as impressive in this new offense. Fact is, Auburn now has two really good QBs going into fall camp, and even more importantly IMO, Auburn now has an offensive playbook and play caller that can really pressure a defense from 1st down thru 4th down. Gotta feel pretty good about where we are at the moment.

Not saying it was particular the QBs, but overall I felt much better after this years A day compared to last year.

On 4/11/2017 at 1:48 PM, 80Tiger said:

So true. That Jon Stauback could go. Didn't he play for the Chicago Red Stockings?

beswAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

• Like 4