Takeo sends huge thanks!

Eagle5

Many thanks to RunInRed and the AU Family board for publishing my article, You Don't Know Takeo last week!  The book signing at J&M Bookstore on A-Day was UN. REAL. 

A long line formed with AU fans who bought books to get signed at 9:45, with the book signing running from 10:00 a.m. to Noon. The line kept forming the entire time, usually about 15 deep, and Takeo was just really warm, gracious and friendly to all the AU Family. One of the more hilarious moments (I tweeted it if you follow me on Twitter @Deaneagle5 ) was this dude had a small dog he paints orange and blue to look like Tiger stripes. Takeo took the dog, held him up for the fans / camera, and says, "ONLY in Auburn! This is is a Tiger, baby! War Eagle!"

If Takeo didn't sell out the 500 books stocked for the signing, it was just a few shy, and that was only because J&M owner Trey Johnston had to get on the bullhorn and stop the waiting lines as Takeo ran over to about 12:15 p.m. signing books. None better than the AU fan base!

Honestly, I was a little disappointed when I heard he was leaving after his junior year, but he was a beast and his draft stock was stupid high (13th overall).

I was glad to hear he'd gone back and finished his education, good on him.

I got to Auburn early to try and get a book signed by him, but the line was so long and I had prior obligations I had to attend to.  Any other chances to get a book signed by him?

10 hours ago, Warnugget said:

Takeo Spikes' neck is so big that it has its own area code. 

Lmbo! Say that to his face.

On April 10, 2017 at 7:38 AM, Eagle5 said:

Many thanks to RunInRed and the AU Family board for publishing my article, You Don't Know Takeo last week!  The book signing at J&M Bookstore on A-Day was UN. REAL. 

A long line formed with AU fans who bought books to get signed at 9:45, with the book signing running from 10:00 a.m. to Noon. The line kept forming the entire time, usually about 15 deep, and Takeo was just really warm, gracious and friendly to all the AU Family. One of the more hilarious moments (I tweeted it if you follow me on Twitter @Deaneagle5 ) was this dude had a small dog he paints orange and blue to look like Tiger stripes. Takeo took the dog, held him up for the fans / camera, and says, "ONLY in Auburn! This is is a Tiger, baby! War Eagle!"

If Takeo didn't sell out the 500 books stocked for the signing, it was just a few shy, and that was only because J&M owner Trey Johnston had to get on the bullhorn and stop the waiting lines as Takeo ran over to about 12:15 p.m. signing books. None better than the AU fan base!

Did you get beat up DD? 

I stood in line and met Takeo. 

He was the most patient and kind player I have ever met. The only other one that came close to him was Jason Campbell. 

Takeo is a great man and a blessing to Auburn. 

Archived