Gov. Bentley to resign Monday afternoon

TitanTiger

On 4/10/2017 at 11:23 PM, alexava said:

Bentley is out. Humiliated, finger printed, mug shot taken, booked and posted bail. Alabamians cheer. Yes the same ones who overwhelmingly nominated and elected a president who is exponentially worse than Dr. Guvna Flim flam could possibly be. With the last several years Alabama politics could serve as a good argument against democracy.

Only because you are a Trump hater. So far he is doing, or trying to do, everything he promised the voters.  Go Trump!!

41 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Only because you are a Trump hater. So far he is doing, or trying to do, everything he promised the voters.  Go Trump!!

Well, except for all the stuff he's flip flopped on.

12 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Well, except for all the stuff he's flip flopped on.

And there will be more to come.

It's hard to believe there are still people that believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And there will be more to come.

It's hard to believe there are still people that believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

And disregard everything that previously came out of his mouth. 

I never voted for Bentley....insider knowledge of the guy made that a clear and present NO vote. He's a corrupt piece of garbage.

I had the pleasure of being at the Statehouse on Tuesday following the resignation the evening prior. Myself and a large group of Alabamians want the new Gov. and the current legislature to adopt a new water plan (one that I and many others have been working on since Bentley's first year in office) that luv guv requested. It's the only thing he's done that I approve of. Alabama is the only state in the southeast without a plan to address in stream flows during drought and a myriad of other issues related to Alabama waterways. Speaking to a half dozen Senators it appears that everyone was ready for a "new start" to things related to Montgomery.

We will see about that. :-\

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

I never voted for Bentley....insider knowledge of the guy made that a clear and present NO vote. He's a corrupt piece of garbage.

I had the pleasure of being at the Statehouse on Tuesday following the resignation the evening prior. Myself and a large group of Alabamians want the new Gov. and the current legislature to adopt a new water plan (one that I and many others have been working on since Bentley's first year in office) that luv guv requested. It's the only thing he's done that I approve of. Alabama is the only state in the southeast without a plan to address in stream flows during drought and a myriad of other issues related to Alabama waterways. Speaking to a half dozen Senators it appears that everyone was ready for a "new start" to things related to Montgomery.

We will see about that. :-\

Good luck EMT!  I congratulate and admire your activism.

Alabama is truly blessed ecologically with over 132,000 miles of streams and river systems.  It's famous internationally because of the shear number of distinct turtle species.

There are few areas that are more biologically diverse than Alabama.  It's a treasure than needs to be protected. 

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Good luck EMT!  I congratulate and admire your activism.

Alabama is truly blessed ecologically with over 132,000 miles of streams and river systems.  It's famous internationally because of the shear number of distinct turtle species.

There are few areas that are more biologically diverse than Alabama.  It's a treasure than needs to be protected. 

We are #1 in mussels, crayfish and snails as well. We are the Amazon of North America. 

14 hours ago, autigeremt said:

We are #1 in mussels, crayfish and snails as well. We are the Amazon of North America. 

That is interesting. I used to dive for mussels 25 years ago. The market was booming then. Nobody buys them now or maybe the state ended catching them? You may know more about it. 

35 minutes ago, alexava said:

That is interesting. I used to dive for mussels 25 years ago. The market was booming then. Nobody buys them now or maybe the state ended catching them? You may know more about it. 

We buy them frequently in frozen form.  I am pretty sure they are all farmed now.

But I remember walking along the Cahaba and finding little piles of shells left by a raccoon.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

We buy them frequently in frozen form.  I am pretty sure they are all farmed now.

But I remember walking along the Cahaba and finding little piles of shells left by a raccoon.

The ones we collected and sold were not food. They were (the shells) ground very fine inserted in clams to create cultured pearls. The buyers sent them to Asia, maybe Japan. It was a big market. 

Archived