Ole Miss is a trap game for us IMO

GwillMac6

12 hours ago, gman87 said:

Me too.

Fortunately, like OM, they play UAT the week before. So that somewhat neutralizes the fact that we play @ LSU the week before.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The year after we beat any SEC team is a trap game against said team under Gus, I've learned. 

Swag gave a likely better defense complete fits last year, and Shea looks just as good if not better. Their receiving corps is also just as deep, although no Engram to scheme against.

I feel our offense under CCL and with either JS or SW at QB will look far different than the past few years. Now, defenses will have to game plan for our passing game. But before I worry about OM I want us ready for Georgia State and then Clemson.:wareagle:

24/7 nominated 3:

Mizou, Ole Miss, and Arkie

[single-page list/article apparently paid content, but slide show from which the above was extracted was free at http://auburn.247sports.com/Gallery/3-trap-games-for-Auburn-football-in-2017-52445248/GallerySlides/532975

I just can't buy a division game as a trap game. If our coaches don't have our team properly motivated for a division game, then it's time to blow it up and start over.

If we want to just say that Ole Miss is underrated, then I have no argument against it. 

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I just can't buy a division game as a trap game. If our coaches don't have our team properly motivated for a division game, then it's time to blow it up and start over.

If we want to just say that Ole Miss is underrated, then I have no argument against it. 

Whole-heartedly agree in principle.

Bit worried about limping away from LSU and caught "looking forward" to a bye, but( as someone pointed out to me earlier) Arkie will be limping away from Ala, so

On paper the OM offense is dangerous, but they still have an ineffective running game. They are also going to be down on talent and depth on defense, with a new DC. They will be able to strike quickly, but that catches up with you when you keep putting a shaky defense on the field. 

Archived