Questions about current recruiting

AURex

I liked your like! fwiw

On 4/15/2017 at 4:50 PM, AURex said:

I Googled -- the articles refer to a Houston-based recruiting service run by Willie Lyles. Auburn was also dealing with him. I seem to remember that Auburn had a contract with him. The implication was that there are recruiting services like that (except more legitimate that Lyles) that contract with schools to give them recruiting info on players, I presume in their region.

Schools must get their leads on players from somewhere. The coaches can't just go to every highschool in surrounding states, looking at every guy that suits up.

I'm not an insider. I don't know how things work. But I gotta believe there is more to it than the big national scouting services. And if -- as you say -- Auburn and other P5 schools ignore those big national scouting services and don't giver a hoot about stars, that leaves a mighty big vacuum for identifying potential players.

I'm curious how it works. Somebody has feet on the ground, watching kids play in those thousands of middle and high schools, evaluating them.

AU or anyone associated with AU never paid Lyles a dime. Other schools did. Lyle would promise the schools that did pay for his serves a "in" with the kids he had film on. Reason Tropper backed off Lache Seastrunk. In a nut shell. 

The NCAA put rules in place to shut down services like this. 

49 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU or anyone associated with AU never paid Lyles a dime. Other schools did. Lyle would promise the schools that did pay for his serves a "in" with the kids he had film on. Reason Tropper backed off Lache Seastrunk. In a nut shell. 

This was not brought up nearly enough when all the Cam crap was going on. A 5* RB who was as fired up about coming to Auburn as any kid I've seen suddenly goes to the other coast. We didn't want to keep him down home, cuz, but we totally dropped $180k on another kid? #stillbitter

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

This was not brought up nearly enough when all the Cam crap was going on. A 5* RB who was as fired up about coming to Auburn as any kid I've seen suddenly goes to the other coast. We didn't want to keep him down home, cuz, but we totally dropped $180k on another kid? #stillbitter

Didn't keep him down home cuz Trooper knew Lyle was as dirty as they come and was going to get busted. So we backed off. Lyle wasn't always with Lache. 

Cam and his family didn't get paid a dime by AU or anyone associated with AU. Cecil got a raw deal with that one. Now he did't handle it the right way but still got a raw deal.  

48 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Didn't keep him down home cuz Trooper knew Lyle was as dirty as they come and was going to get busted. So we backed off. Lyle wasn't always with Lache. 

Cam and his family didn't get paid a dime by AU or anyone associated with AU. Cecil got a raw deal with that one. Now he did't handle it the right way but still got a raw deal. 

Crazy how "made the mistake of listening to Kenny Rogers" turned into "shopped his son around". 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Crazy how "made the mistake of listening to Kenny Rogers" turned into "shopped his son around". 

Pretty much. Still wondering who came up with the $108K figure? uat didn't pay near this for any of their blue chips. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Pretty much. Still wondering who came up with the $108K figure? uat didn't pay near this for any of their blue chips. 

Klassy Kenny's $200k he was asking minus his 10% cut. Where he came up with $200k, who knows. Maybe he thought he was still dealing with NFL money. 

Archived