Baseball vs. Samford

Back to back homers for Samford and it's now 16-13 AU. My goodness what a weird game. That should be it for Herndon .

Edit: That wasn't it for Herndon and he shuts me up with 3 straight outs! 

16-13 AU going to the 8th

What a strange game. Thank goodness we got the win.

Auburn WINS 16-15! Holy Cow what a weird game... 

Good offensive night, poor pitching night. Found a way to win and got the record 25-10 (8-4 SEC). Never know what one win can do- 40 wins looks much better than 39.

Well.....I see the game is over....the way it was going, thought I would wake up and find them still playing. Looks like the hitters had plenty of opportunity to work on their stats tonight....hard to believe so many young pitchers on both sides could not find the plate.and could not get the ball past the opposition batters.

Another game in the "a win is a win" category ....and glad we've see the last of these Bulldogs for a while.

Meanwhile, I was way off on my over/under of the total number of pitchers for game...early on  I think I suggested 10.... and turned out to be 17 of them.   And perhaps they are still trying to figure out who should get the Win ...nobody pitched well enough for either team to deserve it.....so maybe just chalk this one up to "team" in the stats book.

A win is a win in the midweek. We hit the ball really well, and we didn't burn up any arms for the weekend. That's about as good as we could've asked for other than wanting the pitching to be better. I'll take it going to Knoxville Thursday night.

Archived