Sign in to follow this  
WarTiger

Baseball vs. Samford

Down 15-8, runner at third with one out and Casey's playing his infield (way) in?  I guess he's getting some guys some situational defensive practice.

Samford going to the pen for their 8th pitcher of the night.

Samford pitch count at 185 through six innings.

Back to back homers for Samford and it's now 16-13 AU. My goodness what a weird game. That should be it for Herndon .

Edit: That wasn't it for Herndon and he shuts me up with 3 straight outs! 

16-13 AU going to the 8th

Edited by tigerbrotha12
  • Like 1

This is setting up to be a disaster.  

The most nerve wracking and incredulous win. 16-15, tigers had an 8-1 lead and 16-8 lead at different points in this game.

• Like 1

What a strange game. Thank goodness we got the win.

• Like 1

Auburn WINS 16-15! Holy Cow what a weird game... 

Good offensive night, poor pitching night. Found a way to win and got the record 25-10 (8-4 SEC). Never know what one win can do- 40 wins looks much better than 39.

• Like 1

Coach Dunn always has the Bulldogs ready to play Auburn.  Good game great win.

• Like 1

Well.....I see the game is over....the way it was going, thought I would wake up and find them still playing. Looks like the hitters had plenty of opportunity to work on their stats tonight....hard to believe so many young pitchers on both sides could not find the plate.and could not get the ball past the opposition batters.

Another game in the "a win is a win" category ....and glad we've see the last of these Bulldogs for a while.

Meanwhile, I was way off on my over/under of the total number of pitchers for game...early on  I think I suggested 10.... and turned out to be 17 of them.   And perhaps they are still trying to figure out who should get the Win ...nobody pitched well enough for either team to deserve it.....so maybe just chalk this one up to "team" in the stats book.

• Like 1

A win is a win in the midweek. We hit the ball really well, and we didn't burn up any arms for the weekend. That's about as good as we could've asked for other than wanting the pitching to be better. I'll take it going to Knoxville Thursday night.

• Like 1