A look at Stidham vs Oklahoma 2015

Was I the only one who was not impressed with the play calling from Baylor VS Oklahoma? There a point in the fourth quarter where they ran the same play multiple times in a row for a loss... I understand he was a freshman but some of that was bad. Sorry, a little off topic haha.

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

I noticed this as well and I think this is a big key.  It almost seems like SW was trying to bulldoze guys last year to prove he deserved the starting spot.  Maybe I am just reading too much into it, but there were several times last year that I thought he should have given himself up and slid to play the next play.  Instead he went flying in there trying to get that 1 or 2 extra yards.  I am sure the sacrifice of his body has a lot to do with why the players really like him.  They see he is willing to lay it all on the line for them.  

My biggest fear in all of this is that we end up with a locker room divided over the starting QB.  That would absolutely destroy what could be a great season.

It will only be a possible issue if we're losing.

2 hours ago, autigersj said:

Was I the only one who was not impressed with the play calling from Baylor VS Oklahoma? There a point in the fourth quarter where they ran the same play multiple times in a row for a loss... I understand he was a freshman but some of that was bad. Sorry, a little off topic haha.

Stidham won't be calling plays ;) 

Guest WarEagleSteve

From what I saw, JS looked very much like what we saw in the A-Day game, i.e. someone who makes mostly smart decisions, throws the ball on time and with velocity and accuracy, and can easily target all parts of the field. I would argue that both of his interceptions in that game can be attributed to pressing in an effort to make a play (although I will concede that neither were great throws). I was surprised by how little he was used in the run game. 

On 4/14/2017 at 0:36 PM, lkeel75 said:

I noticed this as well and I think this is a big key.  It almost seems like SW was trying to bulldoze guys last year to prove he deserved the starting spot.  Maybe I am just reading too much into it, but there were several times last year that I thought he should have given himself up and slid to play the next play.  Instead he went flying in there trying to get that 1 or 2 extra yards.  I am sure the sacrifice of his body has a lot to do with why the players really like him.  They see he is willing to lay it all on the line for them.  

My biggest fear in all of this is that we end up with a locker room divided over the starting QB.  That would absolutely destroy what could be a great season.

Wouldn't worry too much about this......the team has seen how good JS is and he is a team player and it comes across very positive

With better coaching and a different O scheme SW would have been a very good QB at AU. As it was, when healthy, he was good enough to win games provided other parts of the team did their part.  Stidham is a better QB than SW talent wise from the start.  IF, IF, IF Gus will leave Lindsey and Borges alone, our QBs have a chance to be coached better than since 2007.

wde

From my little observation of A-day, one of the best plays I saw was the play that KJ was injured.   A simple crossing route out of the backfield with Hastings crossing in opposite direction.    Don't know if I've ever seen that play from Gus

Archived