New commit

OregonTiger

He's been wearing an ankle monitring bracelt for being under house arrest.We've all been young and made mistakes so maybe Auburn can give this kid a chance.I just thought that now that Tater Tot was gone we shyed away from questionalble character.

Dunn finished his career with the Wildcats with 42 career touchdowns, including 10 this year in the state playoffs. In the second round of the Class AA playoffs against Greater Atlanta Christian, Dunn had two 85-yard kickoff returns for touchdowns, caught two touchdowns and had 12 tackles and one interception on defense.

sounds like he could find a spot on the field on offense, defense or special teams. tubbs sees something in him and is willing to give him a shot, lets hope he takes this opportunity seriously and turns his life around.

He's been wearing an ankle monitring bracelt for being under house arrest.We've all been young and made mistakes so maybe Auburn can give this kid a chance.I just thought that now that Tater Tot was gone we shyed away from questionalble character.

146135[/snapback]

I can remember AU giving a kid with a troubled past a chance to do good. He did and has since then. BTW he was from Dillard High School. Think of all the Dillard kids who have been very good football players for AU since then.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg...03343260910.xml

Receiver picks Auburn:

The best player in Georgia almost signed with a Division I-AA school on Feb. 2, national signing day. Instead, wide receiver Robert Dunn considered his options, waited more than a week and on Friday signed a letter of intent to play for Auburn.

Dunn is expected to spend next year at Hargrave Military Academy to work on his grades, according to AuburnSports.com.

The Augusta, Ga., native initially committed to South Carolina State, but a late wave of interest from big-time programs such as Auburn and Georgia convinced to him wait for a better offer.

Schools were initially wary of Dunn because of his academic and legal troubles.

Dunn spent the entire 2004 football season under house arrest with an electric monitoring bracelet on his ankle, the Augusta Chronicle reported.

Dunn has had two run-ins with the law. He was arrested after firing a gun into the air in a McDonald's parking lot and for being an accessory to thefts of stolen property.

Dunn told the Chronicle that he fired the gun in self-defense and that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time when he was arrested on the theft charge.

Dunn was voted the player of the year for all classifications by the Georgia Sportswriters Association in 2004. He scored 20 touchdowns, including 10 in the playoffs.

At 5-11 and 185 pounds, Dunn played receiver and defensive back and returned kicks for Laney High School in Augusta.

I'll admit, with his academic and legal problems, I wouldn't have looked at him as "Auburn material." But I trust CTT and if he sees something in Dunn that he can salvage, I'll take his word for it. So Robert: Welcome to the classiest program in college football--make the most of this opportunity and don't let us down!

And for those who worry about such things, how much might this affect our "rankings" on the recruting boards? (And I thought Tre Blackman was the best player in Georgia this year--what's up with that?)

And for those who worry about such things, how much might this affect our "rankings" on the recruting boards?  (And I thought Tre Blackman was the best player in Georgia this year--what's up with that?)

I don't think that'll help us in the Recruiting rankings, since Scout has him, The Best Player out of the Entire State of Georgia, a One Star.........See Scout doesn't know JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! they had Courtney Taylor as a Two Star, Tre smith as a One Star, Carl Stewart as a Two Star. These guys don't really do ALL their homework. I think they just worry about the Oklahomos and USuCks out there. Hell, I could do a better job ranking the recruits doing it Part Time :thumbsup: .

Archived