An alt-right white student union has cropped up in Auburn

AUDub

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

The ultra left has sought to destroy the moral and family structure of this nation and have done a good job. Most of our residents are like the frog in the pot slowing being cooked without realizing it. Now, what would offend and shock 15-20 years ago is considered "normal" or "acceptable ".

True, many social conservatives have had their share of scandals and moral failures, but the big difference between conservatives and liberals is "personal responsibility " and victimhood". Social Justice is just a communist term for "wealth distribution ".

f29.png

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I have never taken you or your views seriously. Looks like we will always be on the opposite end of the pole.

Well, I take you seriously.  Up until, you cower from the challenge of providing a basis for your opinion.  Can you express your thoughts with clarity and detail?

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

That is not an answer.  That is disingenuous evasion.

no it's not....you just don't want to admit that don't keep up with world affairs....

6 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

The ultra left has sought to destroy the moral and family structure of this nation and have done a good job. Most of our residents are like the frog in the pot slowing being cooked without realizing it. Now, what would offend and shock 15-20 years ago is considered "normal" or "acceptable ".

True, many social conservatives have had their share of scandals and moral failures, but the big difference between conservatives and liberals is "personal responsibility " and victimhood". Social Justice is just a communist term for "wealth distribution ".

Political narrative are nice, convenient for those too lazy to think for themselves.  However they are practically meaningless.

Too generalized.

Too little truth pretending to be the totality of truth.

Too often exaggerated.

They are, regardless of which ideology they are tied to, sheep food.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

He was clearly referring to organized political movements.  He implied there was a left wing equivalent to the "alt Right".

There is no such thing.

I kinda think of the "alt right" less of a serious political movement and more of a loosely connected bunch of d-bags.

Maybe I'm behind the times? Or "alt right" is becoming a term that encompasses fringe persons who might be politicians holding office that once said something offensive?

Example: I think of skinheads and klansmen as "alt right", but I would not consider them a serious political force.

Again, much of my limited knowledge of alt-right is from highly questionable sources... such as the AUFamily political boards :lol:

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

no it's not....you just don't want to admit that don't keep up with world affairs....

Broken English does not help your cause.  Neither does the childish,,,"nuh uh" answer.

If you can not give an answer to such a straight forward question, go to the other political forum.  That is what it is for, those who wish to participate in a childish, intellectually void, disingenuous manner.

13 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Well, I take you seriously.  Up until, you cower from the challenge of providing a basis for your opinion.  Can you express your thoughts with clarity and detail?

I don't know how much clearer I can be. 

3 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Knocking off the generalized demonization of liberalism would be a good start. 

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

Oh, pretty much any national Democrat over the past 15-20 years plus you still have a few LBJ  Democrats left.

What's frightening is you actually believe that.

11 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

This has nothing to do with the ultra-left.  It's called evolution and growing with times.  The same complaints you have now, people had of hippies in the 60s.

But the biggest problem you seem to have is not understanding that no group has a monopoly on morality. I'm not religious at all.  I was raised in the church and as I've aged, I have become less and less religious.  I'm also not a socially conservative person (I am pretty fiscally conservative).  However, I don't think I'm immoral just because I'm socially liberal.  I treat people with respect.  I love my family and friends.  I obey the law.  In fact, I've found that those who live and let live are often less judgmental and generally happier people overall.

For me, it's MORE moral for everyone to be treated equally and with respect.  It's MORE moral for a child to be raised by a loving, supporting gay couple than a dysfunctional straight one.  What you are advocating is a repression of people's thoughts and ideas of how to live their own lives.  You and others like you are not the moral police and it's not your place to decide for everyone else.  No one is stopping you from living life how you see fit.  It's immoral for you to want to deny others of the same right.

Just now, homersapien said:

What's frightening is you actually believe that.

Don't be frightened. Just realized there are others who don't share your views or the direction you would like for America to go.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This has nothing to do with the ultra-left.  It's called evolution and growing with times.  The same complaints you have now, people had of hippies in the 60s.

But the biggest problem you seem to have is not understanding that no group has a monopoly on morality. I'm not religious at all.  I was raised in the church and as I've aged, I have become less and less religious.  I'm also not a socially conservative person (I am pretty fiscally conservative).  However, I don't think I'm immoral just because I'm socially liberal.  I treat people with respect.  I love my family and friends.  I obey the law.  In fact, I've found that those who live and let live are often less judgmental and generally happier people overall.

For me, it's MORE moral for everyone to be treated equally and with respect.  It's MORE moral for a child to be raised by a loving, supporting gay couple than a dysfunctional straight one.  What you are advocating is a repression of people's thoughts and ideas of how to live their own lives.  You and others like you are not the moral police and it's not your place to decide for everyone else.  No one is stopping you from living life how you see fit.  It's immoral for you to want to deny others of the same right.

So, you are for "anything goes" or "if it feels right, do it"?

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

You can't see what you refuse to look for or acknowledge, homer. They exist.....I've met with some of them. They come in the form of PETA supporters, Sierra Club members and a vast array of feminist groups and alt left underground movements.

As a Libertarian leaning centrist I am proud to be an advocate of freedom. :)

Sierra Club members?  :-\

Just now, PUB78 said:

Sounds to me your problem is actually with America and what it stands for.

Just now, PUB78 said:

As long as it doesn't break the law or impose on others, yep.  It's not my place or yours to judge how people decide to live their lives if doing so in a peaceful manner.

Just now, homersapien said:

Sounds to me your problem is actually with America and what it stands for.

What does America stand for? I think that is what we debate on this forum everyday.

3 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

What does America stand for? I think that is what we debate on this forum everyday.

Certainly not ignorance-based oppression of those different from you.

I think you would be happier as a member of the Taliban.  Hey, they also worship the God of Abraham and clearly you are far more in accord with their type of thinking! 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Certainly not ignorance-based oppression of those different from you.

I think you would be happier as a member of the Taliban.  Hey, they also worship the God of Abraham and clearly you are far more in accord with their type of thinking! 

Now Homer, let's don't bring that group into the conversation or we may have to bring out "communists" and "out-of touch"  

45 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Much.  All you offer are narratives, cliches, anecdotal information.  You do not participate genuinely, with thought or integrity.

Think about what "liberal" politicians have done:

How many elderly Americans would live in abject poverty were it not for social security?

How many sick/disabled Americans would have no care were it not for Medicare/Medicaid?

How many children, through no fault of their own, would starve without welfare?

What would the quality of water and air be without the liberal view of the importance of protecting the environment?  (Give credit to Richard Nixon as well)

How many Americans would have died on the job were it not for liberal principles?

How about putting a man on the moon along with all of the associated technological advancements?

How about ending the Great Depression, winning WWII, and ushering in the largest economic expansion in all of history?

Keeping Soviet Missiles out of Cuba without starting WWIII?

What rights would minorities have with Equal Rights Acts?

Who was the last President that you could truly, empirically call fiscally conservative?

Who was the last President that brought us out of a financial crisis and the daily, senseless losses of young American lives?

Who believes that all people should be afforded the comfort, dignity, security of healthcare in this, the wealthiest nation in history?

Who attempts to make education affordable for those without the means?

Who aims higher than merely policing/incarcerating and, actually attempts to bring about meaningful social reforms and justice?

Who understands that relative equality is part of our founding, heritage, greatness?

Yeah, I know your answer:  transvestites, homos, abortion.   I believe you are pointing to a failure of Christianity, the Church, not liberal policy.  Perhaps you and your ilk should be less political and more genuine, less condemning, more accepting and forgiving, less concerned with keeping what is yours and more concerned with those who have nothing.  You know,,, less like a modern Christian and, more like Christ.

I don't know if being politically disingenuous and ignorant, religiously self-righteous and hypocritical are going to work in achieving the ultimate goal.

Broken English does not help your cause.  Neither does the childish,,,"nuh uh" answer.

If you can not give an answer to such a straight forward question, go to the other political forum.  That is what it is for, those who wish to participate in a childish, intellectually void, disingenuous manner.

Sorry but there seems to be a lot of childishness on this site...mostly from you....playing games, asking meaningless questions, insulting other posters and the like. There have been some pretty interesting discussions among a number of people on this board,  whereas I don't recall you contributing an original thought on any of the topics or OPs.  Your self-conceived intellectual superiority is a joke....and JMO but the joke is really on you....

Much.  All you offer are narratives, cliches, anecdotal information.  You do not participate genuinely, with thought or integrity.

Think about what "liberal" politicians have done:

How many elderly Americans would live in abject poverty were it not for social security?

How many sick/disabled Americans would have no care were it not for Medicare/Medicaid?

How many children, through no fault of their own, would starve without welfare?

What would the quality of water and air be without the liberal view of the importance of protecting the environment?  (Give credit to Richard Nixon as well)

How many Americans would have died on the job were it not for liberal principles?

How about putting a man on the moon along with all of the associated technological advancements?

How about ending the Great Depression, winning WWII, and ushering in the largest economic expansion in all of history?

Keeping Soviet Missiles out of Cuba without starting WWIII?

What rights would minorities have with Equal Rights Acts?

Who was the last President that you could truly, empirically call fiscally conservative?

Who was the last President that brought us out of a financial crisis and the daily, senseless losses of young American lives?

Who believes that all people should be afforded the comfort, dignity, security of healthcare in this, the wealthiest nation in history?

Who attempts to make education affordable for those without the means?

Who aims higher than merely policing/incarcerating and, actually attempts to bring about meaningful social reforms and justice?

Who understands that relative equality is part of our founding, heritage, greatness?

Yeah, I know your answer:  transvestites, homos, abortion.   I believe you are pointing to a failure of Christianity, the Church, not liberal policy.  Perhaps you and your ilk should be less political and more genuine, less condemning, more accepting and forgiving, less concerned with keeping what is yours and more concerned with those who have nothing.  You know,,, less like a modern Christian and, more like Christ.

I don't know if being politically disingenuous and ignorant, religiously self-righteous and hypocritical are going to work in achieving the ultimate goal.

Now Icky, give  me more info. How about some  statistics and links to back up your vague, broad generalizations?

57 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sorry but there seems to be a lot of childishness on this site...mostly from you....playing games, asking meaningless questions, insulting other posters and the like. There have been some pretty interesting discussions among a number of people on this board,  whereas I don't recall you contributing an original thought on any of the topics or OPs.  Your self-conceived intellectual superiority is a joke....and JMO but the joke is really on you....

There are  few on this forum that will attack you like a pack of dogs.  

Guess it was too much to ask. Gonna get a mod to move it.

29 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

There are  few on this forum that will attack you like a pack of dogs.  

I've  noticed that....it's interesting to exchange views with some folks with whom I often disagree. but Icant ? .....wondering what is wrong with the guy that he is always on the defensive and in attack mode? ...and the game playing...rarely answering a question but instead deflecting back with a aggressive question and it's obvious he does not address or  respond to the answers. 

I expect when he posts on this site he is giggling to himself over his cleverness....and ability to string people along in a meaningless exchange of time wasting posts.   I responded in kind a few minutes ago and really torqued him off it seems...:)

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I've  noticed that....it's interesting to exchange views with some folks with whom I often disagree. but Icant ? .....wondering what is wrong with the guy that he is always on the defensive and in attack mode? ...and the game playing...rarely answering a question but instead deflecting back with a aggressive question and it's obvious he does not address or  respond to the answers. 

I expect when he posts on this site he is giggling to himself over his cleverness....and ability to string people along in a meaningless exchange of time wasting posts.   I responded in kind a few minutes ago and really torqued him off it seems...:)

When I joined this forum several years back, I never checked the Political Forum.  When I did check it about 2 years ago, I was appalled by the leftist tone. Decided there needed to be a few more conservative voices.?

Archived