An alt-right white student union has cropped up in Auburn

AUDub

10 hours ago, PUB78 said:

I will agree with you about the alt right, but would add that the ultra liberal left has done more damage to the nation.

Please provide detail.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Please provide detail.

where do you live that you are not aware of this? 

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Please provide detail.

There's been numerous posts about it here and in PST sub forum.

It's nothing new, both sides have people that try to "out crazy" the other side.

These forums are filled with examples the "yeah, but" format is standard for every political poster.

Obama did *that*

Yeah, but Bush did *that*

Yeah, but Clinton did *this* also

Yeah, but Trump is doing *this* now.

13 hours ago, PUB78 said:

I will agree with you about the alt right, but would add that the ultra liberal left has done more damage to the nation.

"ultra liberal left"?

Who are they? :dunno:

13 hours ago, Mims44 said:

YikYak is college kids version of /b

People are going for outrageous remarks because that's how you get noticed. Piss off enough people.

There are different versions of /b/?

18 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I've been back and forth on whether I want to protest this fool. I'm not usually one to go out and protest, but this guy needs to know that Auburn is not some podunk little town full of racists. I think that protesting would send a message that speaking in this town and at this University is more trouble than it's worth. The bad news is that he will have an audience. I live in Auburn and attend the school, right now, and there is a little bit of excitement for white supremacy going around, over the past year or so. I occasionally scroll an anonymous college community app called yik yak, and you guys wouldn't believe the stuff I see people put on that app. It's disgusting, foolish, and down right disrespectful to live such a hateful life. Especially when you're a kid

I want to open debate the clown. Make him expose his guts....if you will. ;)

47 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"ultra liberal left"?

That's what I was thinking. As far as I can tell, there aren't any ultra liberal left people in power. And there really haven't been. Obama, Clinton, and Carter certainly don't fall into that category. The ultra liberals make up the Green Party, and I haven't seen the Green party doing anything to destroy this country, because they don't get voted into positions.

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

There's been numerous posts about it here and in PST sub forum.

It's nothing new, both sides have people that try to "out crazy" the other side.

These forums are filled with examples the "yeah, but" format is standard for every political poster.

Obama did *that*

Yeah, but Bush did *that*

Yeah, but Clinton did *this* also

Yeah, but Trump is doing *this* now.

He was clearly referring to organized political movements.  He implied there was a left wing equivalent to the "alt Right".

There is no such thing.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

"ultra liberal left"?

What about the ones that show up on College campuses when a conservative speaker has been invited and do physical damage to property while trying to stop free speech.

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

What about the ones that show up on College campuses when a conservative speaker has been invited and do physical damage to property while trying to stop free speech.

Those people, as bad are they are, have very little impact on actual policy. Our country is never going to be destroyed by rowdy protesters. It will, however, be destroyed by writing legislation that takes away rights, ignoring climate change, and spending on ongoing military conflict. Another major thing that can destroy the mental capabilities of a country is the acceptance of alternative facts as an actual thing to be used. And the alt right has advocated for all of these things.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I would say they are liberals who are acting spontaneously to what they see as an endorsement of institutionalized racism.  In other words, they don't represent a named, organized movement.

No one suggests there aren't extreme liberals but there's nothing like the alt right movement on the left. 

39 minutes ago, homersapien said:

He was clearly referring to organized political movements.  He implied there was a left wing equivalent to the "alt Right".

There is no such thing.

There are always alt right/left movements out there. Extremism isn't allocated to one political of ideological sector. My opinion.

11 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

There are always alt right/left movements out there. Extremism isn't allocated to one political of ideological sector. My opinion.

Nevertheless, there is no "liberal extremist" group existent that is analagous to the alt right, that I am aware of.

I think the closest you can come is perhaps the Libertarian Party.

Just now, homersapien said:

Nevertheless, there is no "liberal extremist" group existent that is analagous to the alt right, that I am aware of.

I think the closest you can come is perhaps the Libertarian Party.

You can't see what you refuse to look for or acknowledge, homer. They exist.....I've met with some of them. They come in the form of PETA supporters, Sierra Club members and a vast array of feminist groups and alt left underground movements.

As a Libertarian leaning centrist I am proud to be an advocate of freedom. :)

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

"ultra liberal left"?

Oh, pretty much any national Democrat over the past 15-20 years plus you still have a few LBJ  Democrats left.

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Please provide detail.

-lack of personal responsibility 

-playing the victim and race card

-weakening our military 

-promoting homosexuality

-abortion on demand

-promoting transgender as normal

-promoting policies that continue people in poverty rather than a way out or up.

-open borders

Updated information about Spencer event at Auburn

In consultation with law enforcement, Auburn canceled the Richard Spencer event scheduled for Tuesday evening based on legitimate concerns and credible evidence that it will jeopardize the safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors.

3 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

There are different versions of /b/?

Nah, YikYak works like it for college kids on their cells all during class. The anonymity it provides combined with a "like" system leads to everyone tryna troll everyone else.

YikYak also allows people to be anons but to pick their area or university, in TN the university had a lot of problems with anons making personal attacks, got pretty nasty.

13 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

-lack of personal responsibility  (Not exclusive to the left.  See Bentley, Robert and Hubbard, Mike for examples.)

-playing the victim and race card  (Most of the time, it's not a "card" but actual reality.  believe it or not, social injustice is alive and well in this country.)

-weakening our military (We spend more money on military than the next closest nation by a factor of at least 5.)

-promoting homosexuality  (Studies show majority of the country doesn't care about homosexuality and even supports gay marriage.)

-abortion on demand  (Again, studies show majority of the country is pro-choice.)

-promoting transgender as normal  (Who's to say it's not normal to some?  It's not your place to impose your views on how others live their life.  I am friends with a transgender person.  While it may not be for me, said person is now happier and living a more fulfilling life, all without hurting anyone.  Why do you care how other's live if it literally has no impact on you?)

-promoting policies that continue people in poverty rather than a way out or up.  (This is debatable, but it's the most reasonable point you've made out of this list.)

-open borders  (Net immigration is about even on the U.S./Mexico border.  Try again.)

21 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

-lack of personal responsibility  What is the actual damage done?

-playing the victim and race card  What is the actual damage done?

-weakening our military  What is the actual damage done?

-promoting homosexuality  What is the actual damage done?

-abortion on demand  What is the actual damage done?

-promoting transgender as normal  What is the actual damage done?

-promoting policies that continue people in poverty rather than a way out or up.  Which policies?  How have those policies damaged the country?

-open borders  You heard nothing about our borders until Obama was elected.  What is it about "open borders" damages our country?

Your answers are vague generalizations that are highly subjective.  They have little meaning or value.  I think you should try much harder if,,,you wish to be taken seriously.

Just now, icanthearyou said:

You answers are vague generalizations that are highly subjective.  They have little meaning or value.  I think you should try much harder if,,,you wish to be taken seriously.

I have never taken you or your views seriously. Looks like we will always be on the opposite end of the pole.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The ultra left has sought to destroy the moral and family structure of this nation and have done a good job. Most of our residents are like the frog in the pot slowing being cooked without realizing it. Now, what would offend and shock 15-20 years ago is considered "normal" or "acceptable ".

True, many social conservatives have had their share of scandals and moral failures, but the big difference between conservatives and liberals is "personal responsibility " and victimhood". Social Justice is just a communist term for "wealth distribution ".

23 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Updated information about Spencer event at Auburn

In consultation with law enforcement, Auburn canceled the Richard Spencer event scheduled for Tuesday evening based on legitimate concerns and credible evidence that it will jeopardize the safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors.

I'm a bit surprised at that. I knew some people were organizing to protest, but saw no evidence of a credible threat. 

Either way, good riddance to him. 

Archived