Al Borges new Offensive Analyst

gr82b4au

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GORGEOUS BORGES BABY!!!!!!!! Absolutely one heck of a coach. Cannot recruit 1 lick so this is the perfect position for him. I love it! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!! Great hire gustav!

Great to have Borges back.  His offense is a big reason to Auburn's successful undefeated run in 2004.  Too bad we were snubbed the chance to complete that season with a National Championship.

Glad to see him back and trust his wife will accompany him...she was a great marketing person for the Athletic Department as I remember and made the first big move to increase the value of the Auburn brand.

Always thought he was a good guy....welcome home Coach.

Great, great get!  Al will be a huge resource for both Lindsey and Gus!  This one will make a difference. 

Good good . Now CGM can really back off and concentrate on overseeing every little crevice of the team .

I'll take his input on offense any day of the week. Just don't put him in a position where he is responsible for getting kids to AU! lol

Welcome back Coach!

The real value of an "analyst" lies in not only their knowledge, but in how much their input is valued/used. Al will have nothing to prove, and no agenda. The last analyst that Gus really "used" was Chip Lindsey in 2013. I expect Al to be the next in the "used" category. He is one of the better "in the press box" guy's I've seen, and I expect him to be a contributor both in game planning and in in-game tactical adjustments. The addition of Al Borges to the football staff is a genuine "big deal".  I'm excited about it. 

Qb evaluation and tweaking. I don't know if he can communicate directly with players but can advise Gus and chip I suppose. He did a fine job with Campbell and Cox. 

Key thing I read ..."he will work under Chip as an analyst" could he possibly fill Chips shoes if he gets a mid major level offer after one year at AU....

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Key thing I read ..."he will work under Chip as an analyst" could he possibly fill Chips shoes if he gets a mid major level offer after one year at AU....

I doubt it. 

5 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

You never know, of course, but I don't think Chip is going anywhere any time soon. And if he does, no, probably not. Like most business things these days, it's an accepted "fact" that old, experienced guy's know nothing, and all the really smart guys are young and on the cutting edge. Right or wrong, that's how it is. 

Archived