2018 3* WR Shedrick Jackson Commits to Auburn!!!

GwillMac6

57 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Form what I've read, he's fast too.... low 4.3s.

I sincerely doubt he's really THAT fast, but if he's putting out numbers like that then he might be a legit 4.4-4.5. Of course, if he's like his uncle, I suppose low 4.3s might not be too much of a stretch...

• Like 1

Just now, Rednilla said:

I sincerely doubt he's really THAT fast, but if he's putting out numbers like that then he might be a legit 4.4-4.5. Of course, if he's like his uncle, I suppose low 4.3s might not be too much of a stretch...

I'm sure it was hand timed. It was at an Auburn camp, if I remember right.

31 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Every family has their underachievers. :P 

40 times are notoriously bogus pretty much up until the NFL combine, but if you hear that a guy is "running in the 4.3s", that still means he's faster than all the guys you didn't hear that about. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Form what I've read, he's fast too.... low 4.3s.

See post on him being able to take the top off a D too.

On his speed the 4.3 was hand timed so he likely isn't that fast. He times a 4.51 on a slow track at the Nike camp in ATL a couple months ago so he's likely not that slow either. For reference at that Nike Camp, AU targets Justyn Ross & Matthew Hill ran in the 4.7-4.8 range

• Like 1

Been around a long time , Alabama media bias persists and he would be a four star if was a Bama legacy.Fake sports news has existed for years.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, beagle34 said:

Been around a long time , Alabama media bias persists and he would be a four star if was a Bama legacy.Fake sports news has existed for years.

LOL! AU gets recruiting bumps too although not quite as dramatic.

• Like 2

This is the type of recruit I like to see. Time to get back to our DNA with grooming players to perform like 5 stars.

• Like 2

Congrats to  Shedrick and WDE. Gotta ask though...that's some video. Who puts something like that together ? I mean, I see 'AL.com studios', but does every 3 star prospect get one of those ? 

Edited by AURaptor

The first post on this subject shows him as 4.55 under the picture....not too bad for his size.  But as noted, those numbers are usually suspect though typically they are on the low side.

33 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Gotta ask though...that's some video. Who puts something like that together ? I mean, I see 'AL.com studios', but does every 3 star prospect get one of those ? 

If they are in state & committing to AU or Bama I'm sure it can easily be done.

51 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The first post on this subject shows him as 4.55 under the picture....not too bad for his size.  But as noted, those numbers are usually suspect though typically they are on the low side.

As noted above he ran a 4.51 at a very slow surface in ATL a couple months ago. He's likely a bit faster than that on a normal surface. Also look at his film. On deep routes he got past every DB including ones who played 10 yards off and turned their hips very early to get in a sprint with him. Another thing worth noting. He uses his hands well to get separation on press coverage.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

If they are in state & committing to AU or Bama I'm sure it can easily be done.

Hats off to all involved. Seriously, that was some quality video for some HS kid who's not played a down in college. They played the 'family' stuff just right, and it doesn't hurt that S.J. comes off as pretty darn impressive. Hope the best for him. 

Edited by AURaptor
  • Like 1

Even though Shedrick is listed as 3-star, I think his stock will fly during his senior year at Hoover and he'll end up a 4-star and very well be a 5-star by the time signing day gets here.

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Even though Shedrick is listed as 3-star, I think his stock will fly during his senior year at Hoover and he'll end up a 4-star and very well be a 5-star by the time signing day gets here.

All due respect to him but unless he grows a few inches more and adds some explosiveness there is no chance he gets to a 5*.

6 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Any chance we move him to safety at 6'2" 200?

No.IMO.Too fundamentally sound at WR to not use him there.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

No.IMO.Too fundamentally sound at WER to not use him there.

Great news . He has Ricardo Louis size. Hopefully better hands 

• Like 2

I only remember R Louis catching one pass.  Hmmmm.  Good enough for me:wareagle: 

• Like 2

Didn't he post a big surprise coming soon on twitter a few days ago? Is this time in the run his surprise?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Fast.  Very physical for a high school WR but probably isn't 6' 2".  

he needs to get his teammate george to show some more AU love on his twitter. it does not say AU commit in his bio!!! lol