Null



GwillMac6

2018 3* WR Shedrick Jackson Commits to Auburn!!!

Recommended Posts

ellitor    4,707
13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

That's got to be an interesting position for the staff... turning down a relative of Bo could cause a bit of a stir. It's not like, as the #10 prospect in the state, he's a scrub or anything.

Can't worry about that. The staff's job is to take the best 3 or 4 WRs they feel they can get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




ellitor    4,707
3 minutes ago, toddc said:

Looks close to receiving a 4th star as well. If he performs at summer camps he will get a bump sooner rather than later.

He's a mid level 3 * right now & has a very long way to go to reach a 4* ranking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toddc    114
18 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's a mid level 3 * right now & has a very long way to go to reach a 4* ranking.

247 composite has him at .87, meaning he needs .03 uptick to get to .90 which would make a four star rating right! I will defer to others who are way more able to figure this out than me though. But that is what I was looking at to make this assessment. That may be mid-level as you said though. I just hope he gets a chance to show our coaches he is ready for big time college football at AU through summer in camps, and in his season. I think they have a new qb at his team for this fall and I know little about him! I am just hoping he is good enough for us to get a legacy of the great Bo Jackson whom I attended AU with in early 80's(man I'm old).

Edited by toddc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellitor    4,707
1 minute ago, toddc said:

247 composite has him at .87, meaning he needs .03 uptick to get to .90 which would make a four star rating right! I will defer to others who are way more able to figure this out than me though. But that is what I was looking at to make this assessment.

Respectfully incorrect. His composite rating is .8678. Each spot move up or down in overall rank on any 1 site is worth about a .0001 movement on composite score. To be a composite 4* a player has to have a score of .8901 or better. That means he needs roughly a combined 223 (8901-8678) spot jump on overall rank from any combination of the 4 sites to be a composite 4*. That's a lot of spots to jump on other recruits.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellitor    4,707

 

Quote

 

Keep it in the family

Auburn preaches family to recruits, even the ones with no real familial ties to the university. When Auburn screams family to Shedrick Jackson, it’s a little more authentic.

Well-documented, Jackson is the nephew of Auburn legend Bo Jackson. The younger Jackson is a standout wide receiver for Hoover (Ala.) who released his top-5 list of schools on Wednesday afternoon, which included the Tigers.

The full list includes: Auburn, Georgia Tech, Missouri, Mississippi State and Memphis.

Jackson has downplayed some of the outside world’s guarantees that he will inevitably land at Auburn.

People think that if I got an Auburn offer, which I have, that it’s 100 percent that I’m going there. In my mind, that’s not really what I’m thinking,” Jackson told SEC Country last month. “I’m picking the school that has the most to offer for me and my future.”

Still, it seems far-fetched for the Tigers to miss out on someone who grew up an Auburn fan, grew up attending Tigers’ games regularly and grew up knowing that his uncle was arguably the most famous and successful person to ever step foot on the Plains as a student-athlete. Jackson’s decision remains a summer or so away, but his name will likely surface throughout as a momentum-able (yes, just made up a word) commitment possibility.

For now, if there is a non-Auburn team to watch here for Jackson, my gut tells me Georgia Tech. He’s visited recently and said the academic element there has him thinking a lot about the Yellow Jackets.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rednilla    387

Has Vandy not offered yet? I would have expected to see them in his top 5 after his going on about academics being a priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ClaytonAU    825
5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Has Vandy not offered yet? I would have expected to see them in his top 5 after his going on about academics being a priority.

Believe Tech is the academic school of choice currently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellitor    4,707
2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Has Vandy not offered yet?

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WarDamnEagleWDE    2,615
On 5/24/2017 at 4:35 PM, ellitor said:

He's a mid level 3 * right now & has a very long way to go to reach a 4* ranking.

He is ranked right. Not a 4* type of player. Good but not great/elite. Glad AU is on a hold pattern with him. If AU takes him then we missed on a bunch of other kids. FWIW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwillMac6    2,181

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ClaytonAU    825
Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Committed today. Will be announced sometime next week. Had a great camp today at AU. So did some big TE from Huntsville. 

It's indeed, lit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwillMac6    2,181
Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Committed today. Will be announced sometime next week. Had a great camp today at AU. So did some big TE from Huntsville. 

so your telling me THERE IS A CHANCE he eventually becomes a 4 star?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey    1,548
On 5/30/2017 at 10:16 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He is ranked right. Not a 4* type of player. Good but not great/elite. Glad AU is on a hold pattern with him. If AU takes him then we missed on a bunch of other kids. FWIW.

Any idea which ones we missed on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GwillMac6    2,181
18 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Guess we will never know.?

hope it is not Matthew Hill. Thought he would be on board by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellitor    4,707
8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

so your telling me THERE IS A CHANCE he eventually becomes a 4 star?

Not unless his SR game film is a lot different than his JR game film. I'm happy for Shed that he balled out today & had great testing numbers but to increase his ratings he has to translate that athleticism & explosiveness to game play. Little about his JR film says 4*.

If we are taking 4 WRs in this class then I have no issues taking him because he could be a glue guy for us down the road. If we are only taking 3 then I'm iffy on it but will welcome him with open arms none the less..

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey    1,548
8 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Guess we will never know.?

There can't be that long of a list of WR guys we are recruiting. If there are several ranked higher on our board that are slip-sliding away, an insider should be able to find that out with no trouble at all. We see similar comments about other positions all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kd4au    500

Glad we are getting him,he may be a gamer like his uncle Bo.Bo was said to not be a great practice player but when the game started it was on.There is something to having good genes,hope he has some of the same ones as Bo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcgufcm    804

I've read a number of places that he's still growing. He's already a big kid at WR. If he's running even close to that fast and growing, he's Marquis McClain at worst, a toolsy, big-bodied, raw talent that will need development. I'd be excited to have him. 

I think we're aiming for four WRs (again based on reports), and not many of our targets look like Shedrick in terms of size/speed combination. He fits so in hoping he's part of the class. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McLoofus    3,598
2 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I've read a number of places that he's still growing. He's already a big kid at WR. If he's running even close to that fast and growing, he's Marquis McClain at worst, a toolsy, big-bodied, raw talent that will need development. I'd be excited to have him. 

I think we're aiming for four WRs (again based on reports), and not many of our targets look like Shedrick in terms of size/speed combination. He fits so in hoping he's part of the class. 

A reported 6'1 195 as a high school junior isn't hard to project as a legit 6'1-6'2 210 as a college sophomore. And he won't get slower if he stays healthy. I like the way you're thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NoALtiger    564
11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not unless his SR game film is a lot different than his JR game film. I'm happy for Shed that he balled out today & had great testing numbers but to increase his ratings he has to translate that athleticism & explosiveness to game play. Little about his JR film says 4*.

If we are taking 4 WRs in this class then I have no issues taking him because he could be a glue guy for us down the road. If we are only taking 3 then I'm iffy on it but will welcome him with open arms none the less..

Do they assign the star rating based on actual game performance, predicted future performance, summer camp stats, or possibly a mixture of all perhaps? Thx. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now