2018 3* WR Shedrick Jackson Commits to Auburn!!!

GwillMac6

• Like 1

Big physical kid. Fast as it gets. A lot of versatility. Seems like a good fit culturally as wel . War Eagle

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Excited about this one

Me too Bird!

I remember another fast, physical, and underrated Jackson who made his home on the plains.  

Shed is one of my favorite WRs in this class!  He's gonna be a good one, imho. 

• Like 1

Any chance this commitment gets the ball rolling on our 2018 recruiting! I know a lot of people on here are getting nervous and the sky is falling lately so I would love to see some shoe drops in the coming weeks!

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

War Eagle.  Great video.  Classy and not bodacious.

I see what you did there...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, toddc said:

Any chance this commitment gets the ball rolling on our 2018 recruiting! I know a lot of people on here are getting nervous and the sky is falling lately so I would love to see some shoe drops in the coming weeks!

Probably a few more weeks.  Late July into August look for movement.  Coaches are on vacation right now I think.  Kids are in the heart of 7v7 tournaments.  Which I hope we have some coaches.  Looking at you coach porter to be there scouting underclassmem.  

54 minutes ago, toddc said:

Unlikely. Recruiting is in a dead period starting tomorrow & our next group of high targets aren't looking to commit til August.

33 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Probably a few more weeks.  Late July into August look for movement.  Coaches are on vacation right now I think.  Kids are in the heart of 7v7 tournaments.  Which I hope we have some coaches.  Looking at you coach porter to be there scouting underclassmem.  

Dead period. Can't lay eyes on recruits for 2 weeks.

Aptly stated: not over the top and grounded.   Wow.   Nice.  Reminds of me Britt's (I think).

Great video.  You can see the intangibles in his work ethic.   I don't think it is in the kid's DNA to not succeed.  This kid will not flop. Great pickup. 

• Like 1

See he's a 3 star and made me wonder..I see the narrative and he looks really good so what's the story on the rating?   Is he really a guy we need to make a good class or is this a favor to Bo.  I'm good either way but just curious... :dunno:

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

See he's a 3 star and made me wonder..I see the narrative and he looks really good so what's the story on the rating?   Is he really a guy we need to make a good class or is this a favor to Bo.  I'm good either way but just curious... :dunno:

both in some ways. Got to keep the future in mind in different ways

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

TBH his JR film isn't great. He has shown improvement in the camp circuit but to improve his rating it has to transfer the athleticism he showed in camps to more explosiveness his SR season. He is a glue guy though at the very worst who seems like he will do all the little things that helps a team win.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

TBH his JR film isn't great. He has shown improvement in the camp circuit but to improve his rating he has to transfer the athleticism he showed in camps to more explosiveness his SR season. He is a glue guy though at the very worst who seems like he will do all the little things that helps a team win.

Is he really a SEC level WR or perhaps just an athletic kid who does not have a college level position yet?    I'm thinking DB or  ? ? ?

Edited by ellitor

Just now, AU64 said:

Is he really a SEC level WR or perhaps just an athletic kid who does not have a college level position yet?    I'm thinking DB or  ? ? ?

He's a WR all the way. He has all the intangibles. He runs good routes, catches the ball well, & blocks well. He's just not a flashy player. I think he is an SEC level move the sticks guy and those are important.

• Like 2

What took you so long?There was no where else you could go but Auburn.Welcome to the family.:wareagle::wareagle:    Glad we finally got a legacy committed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's a WR all the way. He has all the intangibles. He runs good routes, catches the ball well, & blocks well. He's just not a flashy player. I think he is an SEC level move the sticks guy and those are important.

Thanks for sharing.   I am just a fan and not sure what I am looking at with WR.  

3 hours ago, kd4au said:

Welcome to the family.:wareagle::wareagle:    Glad we finally got a legacy committed.

BOOM!  Indeed, welcome to the family, Mr. Jackson!

"The Force is strong in this one."

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

Bo (nix) to Jackson in 2019? :jossun:

It's only right! :wareagle:

• Like 1

Oh and I forgot to mention he can take the top off a D too. He's just not explosive doing it.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

That sounds like exactly the kind of guy we've been missing the last couple years. Well, one of the kinds of guys we've been missing, anyway. Hoping McClain can be that kind of guy this year. 

I am tickled to get him. Has talent and size is raw but works hard and will get better.  I think we will be pleasantly surprised by him.  War Eagle and welcome to Auburn

:wareagle:

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

I am tickled to get him. Has talent and size is raw but works hard and will get better.  I think we will be pleasantly surprised by him.  War Eagle and welcome to Auburn

:wareagle:

But are you tickled to death like gus famously says?! lol

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Form what I've read, he's fast too.... low 4.3s.