Daniel Carlson

auburn4ever

I hope Gus doesn't put Daniel in there to punt like he did during A-Day. Daniel only needs to focus only on kicking those FG's and PAT's

Good thinking, A4E. I can tell you really mean this, by your use of bold lettering. 

How is the punting situation? I don't recall Shannon looking especially good during the a-day game. 

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Good thinking, A4E. I can tell you really mean this, by your use of bold lettering. 

How is the punting situation? I don't recall Shannon looking especially good during the a-day game. 

Who cares? Offense is going to be so good that our punting will be practically non-existent this year. You heard it here. 

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Who cares? Offense is going to be so good that our punting will be practically non-existent this year. You heard it here. 

Won't that be nice

33 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Shannon missed A-DAY due to a death in the family. Carlson handled the punting duties.

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

Shannon missed A-DAY due to a death in the family. Carlson handled the punting duties.

Well there you go. Wasn't even Shannon I was watching. Thanks. 

Stidham punted a few times for Baylor. Our fake-punt game is going to be off the charts.

OR WE CAN EVEN RUN THE FAKE FAKE-PUNT

Daniel Carlson is a very bad man, in a very good way. 

54 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Stidham punted a few times for Baylor. Our fake-punt game is going to be off the charts.

Fake fake punt. Just spewed coffee. Thanks guy.

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

We did run the pooch punt w/ Cam a lot. That was a different HC and STC, but Gus is no stranger to his QB being used for it.

Yep. Just get to the 50 and try a field goal. 

Daniel has secretly been practicing 70 and even 80 yard FGs and we will never actually punt this season. We will either score a touchdown or a field goal everytime we have the ball.  ;D

News flash, this just in - "Malzhan directs Coach Chip Lindsey to create a Daniel Carlson whirly Bird fake punt play" story at 10:00.

About the punting situation.. I know Shannon was out but why use Carlson at all? Don't we have other guys who need the practice more? Or are the rest so bad that Carlson is our #2 if Shannon is out? I really hope that's not it. lol

15 minutes ago, Linayus said:

About the punting situation.. I know Shannon was out but why use Carlson at all? Don't we have other guys who need the practice more? Or are the rest so bad that Carlson is our #2 if Shannon is out? I really hope that's not it. lol

I'm more concerned that we end up burning a year of Little Carlson's eligibility making him a punter, if Shannon can't get the job done.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm more concerned that we end up burning a year of Little Carlson's eligibility making him a punter, if Shannon can't get the job done.

Ask Scott Fountain....never mind. 

May have just been letting DC have a little fun getting some punts in during the spring game. Until proven otherwise, I'm assuming this isn't something that's really even on the table for the actual season

6 hours ago, Linayus said:

Tyler Stovall was the backup punter to Carlson. Watched him during warm-ups and he was not good at all. Had little distance on the punts that he did not shank. 

13 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Tyler Stovall was the backup punter to Carlson. Watched him during warm-ups and he was not good at all. Had little distance on the punts that he did not shank. 

Our backup punter is our holder? Seriously? At a P5 school?  Can Hastings punt?

This should be a more nuanced discussion. The question is injury risk. A few punts do not significantly tire a Carlson-level kickers leg so, is significantly better field position from consistently decent punts worth risking a clutch/auto 3 point kicker to injury during those punts? That's a tough one IMO.

Likely moot anyway - either Shannon gets his act together during the Summer or AU goes the Kevin Phillips/JUCO punter market again. If I had to guess.

13 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Wasn't Hastings listed as a kicker when he first came to Auburn about 2 years ago?

Yes he was brought in as a kicker not a WR

Guest WarEagleSteve

Slightly different note but if we don't play for a natty this year then Daniel Carlson would be the first Auburn kicker since 2007 to never start a national title game during his career. He would also be the first Auburn kicker since 2002 to never start for an SEC Championship winning team. 

Archived