Daniel Carlson

auburn4ever

“Auburn won’t have a Lou Groza finalist in 2017”

Not sure whether to feel flattered or dissed. Writers seem to believe our offense will be too good to give Mr. Carlson enough opportunities.

p. 3/12 of Take two: 10 more bold predictions for Auburn football in 2017

http://auburn.247sports.com/ContentGallery/Take-two-10-more-bold-predictions-for-Auburn-football-in-2017-52377856/3

On 4/18/2017 at 1:31 PM, aucanucktiger said:

A few punts do not significantly tire a Carlson-level kickers leg 

Carlson made it known to the coaches in 2014 that punting duties affected his place-kicking, thus why his punting burdens were removed in 2015.

22 hours ago, WarEagleSteve said:

Slightly different note but if we don't play for a natty this year then Daniel Carlson would be the first Auburn kicker since 2007 to never start a national title game during his career.

You mean 2006. Byrum started in 2007.

14 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Carlson made it known to the coaches in 2014 that punting duties affected his place-kicking, thus why his punting burdens were removed in 2015.

Operative fact there is 2014. As I said, a veteran (Carlson-level) kicker is potentially a totally different story. 

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Operative fact there is 2014. As I said, a veteran (Carlson-level) kicker is potentially a totally different story. 

I would assume that if it affected him in 2014, then it would affect him today. Not a kicker, but if I had to guess it's probably akin to a quarterback's throwing motion being affected by playing baseball. At least that was true for me and I had months in between the seasons to get back into form for either sport. That doesn't mean that he still won't be a stellar place kicker.

Archived