Baseball vs Tennessee game 2

Early start tonight in Knoxville.

Three up and 3 down for AU...hitting those fly balls again.   Yesterday, according to the recap I read, we had 16 fly outs.....that makes it easy on the UT defense.

Thompson on the mound.....will be interesting to see if that arm "fatigue" thing is behind him for good now.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UT gets a couple base hits....2 on and one out in the bottom of the first.

And 6-4-3 DP ends the inning

0-0 going to top of the 2nd

Davis starts the AU half with a single and Jarvis at bat....

Got the usual SEC umps....couple bad calls on Jarvis and he is rung up with a strike looking that looked high and outside.

Anthony comes to bat and goes down on strikes...swinging....not a good pitch but with a couple of the calls so far, batters are going to have to defend the plate plus a little territory around it too.

Well another fly ball and the inning is over...

Keegan is not pitching to the strike/ball ratio we're used to seeing. First pitch ball to all four batters in the second inning. Keegan was visibly frustrated with a couple of the ball/strike calls though.

After UT gets a base runner, Thompson shuts them down...getting the final batter on a swinging K   has 30  pitches so far....not too efficient....will see how long he is able to go but UT not looking forward to much of him tonight....

Well ...gotta run....someone else out there might want to pick the game up here in the top of the 3rd.where Logan starts the inning with a base hit.

After Bo Decker goes down swinging, Todd doubles down the left field line on a hit and run and the ever fleet-footed Logan was able to score from first! 1-0 good guys.

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs Tennessee game 2

Estes flies to right but not deep enough to advance Todd, but Robert comes through with a double of his own. 2-0 Auburn! Davis grounds out to second to end the inning.

I know it's a hitting coach's dream for a guy to hit to the opposite field, but I wish D-Rob would get greedy and turn on the inside pitch more often.  Shortest distance out of the park is right down the line.  Clutch two out base hit nonetheless.

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I know it's a hitting coach's dream for a guy to hit to the opposite field, but I wish D-Rob would get greedy and turn on the inside pitch more often.  Shortest distance out of the park is right down the line.  Clutch two out base hit nonetheless.

I love the inside out swing. Mainly cause it's the way I swung haha. I was a gap to gap guy. Hit 3 home runs in my entire little league, babe Ruth, high school career. I'll take .320 with 18 doubles and 6 home runs, over .270 with 7 doubles and 12 homeruns anyday.

Butch really seems to be treating Keegan delicately.  Hoping it's just a hangnail.  2 foul balls a total of two feet outside the left field line followed by a nasty 12/6 breaking ball for the strikeout.  Then backs that up with a couple of fastballs up in the zone at 92 to induce the weak pop up to 2B.  That's the KT we're looking for.

Luke Jarvis leads off in the fourth with a questionable error call, I thought it should've been an infield single, then advances to second on a ball in the dirt. Anthony up with no outs.

Anthony flies to deep center but it shaded towards left so Jarvis not able to advance. Ingram comes up to at bat and laces a ball to third base and the Third Baseman makes an incredible stop. Saved a run there and throws cement footed Ingram out at 1st.

And we got a pitching change!!! Tennessee makes it 3.2 innings before heading to the bullpen. This could be huge if we can do some damage and limit availability for tomorrow.

A nubber over the pitchers mound gets scooped up by the short stop for out number 3.

thompson gets a quick 0-2 count but then a double and single has Tennessee first and third with no outs on back to back pitches.

Sacrifice to left scores a run but the man at first unable to advance, a pitch away from ending the inning. Never mind 3 pitch strike out and 1 on 2 outs.

Keegan having to throw way too many pitches tonight.  Looking better much more often than last week, but looks a little lost at times.  Almost seems unsure of himself.  If he goes five he will have earned it for sure.  

Tough play for estes at 2nd and a throwing error got past ingram, but logan backing up forced a run down and we still get the out at first after the runner attempted to take 2nd but got forced back to first where he was tagged. Liner to right is caught by Robert, chance for a quick low pitch inning. And we get just that, to the 6th we go on a 7 pitch inning by thompson.

UT broadcasters on the TV commentary talking about the Vols CF "If he can get the average above .200 in the second half he could really give Tennessee a lift on offense".  That's golden.  What a joke, they must not have any more outfielders.

Archived